Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After Race Finishes, AI keep pushing at race pace

Noticed this in a race, kimi won the race and was behind me , i had 1 lap to go , but kimi did not back off on his cool down lap, he was still racing at full speed and kept trying to pass me, we even bumped wheels, unbelievable because he had already won race...

Awesome! From where come all these small (and sometimes big) issues? F1 2016 was almost complete from start in comparison, and for what I have heard F1 2017 would (for the first time in the series) be built on that.
I was expecting an almost flawless game with things like AI strategy and SC fixed for the first time.

I saw a similar thing in a Tiametmarduk video, with him being aggressively overtaken by a Ferrari that had already won the race and was technically on its slow down lap.

xdannil said:
I got two disagrees for my post above. Can anyone a little more? Were they from CM devs? :)
You said F1 16 was almost complete from beginning  ;)

I've noticed this too, you can't tell who's won from the mini map because they're all still going at racing speed. 

Not only during their slowdown laps after the race. The AI also push like demons on their inlap during quali. This really needs to be fixed

are you saying you lose that place after the race finishes in the running order? Because if you don't why does that matter if they do that? The race is finished and it doesn't effect anything.

kevinkirk said:
are you saying you lose that place after the race finishes in the running order? Because if you don't why does that matter if they do that? The race is finished and it doesn't effect anything.
You obviously havent raced for Sauber or McLaren. Last lap battles are ruined by flying Ferrari's and Mercedes who get in the way with aggressive overtakes even though they have already finished the race

JJRosso said:
kevinkirk said:
You obviously havent raced for Sauber or McLaren. Last lap battles are ruined by flying Ferrari's and Mercedes who get in the way with aggressive overtakes even though they have already finished the race
yes, perfect way to explain why it matter