Sign in to follow this  

The childish stupidty needs to STOP NOW

No you're not alone my friend. The game has potential but lacks attention to detail. Laziness if you like.
Yeh ill agree with that, but its still not as bad as ppl would have you think it is.I still think that they moan for the sale of it.

Wanorak, you've hit the nail on the head. 
People are still going on about moaners while posts like yours with valid points go unnoticed!
youve echoed my sentiments there on exactly why people are unhappy.
those who are happy, and complain about moaning. What do you make of Wanorak's points? Why is this game worth £40?
I think there a lot of people that really want to like this game hence why they don't want to hear the negative side. The way I see it Codies nailed the basic F1 racing elements in 2010 so everything from there should have been an improvement but it just feels they have spent the time since then reinventing the physics and removing popular elements.

But you are not just moaning, what you e just done is voiced a valid constructive critisism, thats what we need, not why havnt we vot the right wheel, why why why?,why cant we choose a number?,why cant i think of anything important to moan about?, thats not constuctive, its annouing and pointless!

The games are fun to play. I enjoy them!
But there has yet to be a game that really builds upon the intensity of an F1 race. It doesn't feel like a story unfolds, or your objectives change mid-race (like Hamilton in Singapore)
if that happened to us in game, you wouldn't hear the engineer talking about strategy, where you'll end up with your current gap and what lap time to aim for to achieve it. The engineer doesnt tell us what tyres our rivals are on. Only the car either side of you.. 
Tell me honestly it doesn't just feel like you are going through the motions of an offline race and you have no bearing on what the AI are doing as they go around like a train on rails?...
the race build up has always had the same flash shots with the same 'intense' music on the grid... In 5 games now! No sign of any life forms of team members or even a cinematic of the cars finishing a formation lap. At the very least it improves the atmosphere of the start of a race!
the race start is the most intense and exciting part of a race. Don't you just love the build up and atmosphere as they complete the formation lap and line up in their grid boxes?
all we have is a static snapshot of 3 motionless cars and then we nail full throttle to get going automatically. No skill required..

5 games now and the same tired idea...
no improvement and no direction. More features get removed and very little added.
this is why people are upset!
Stop complaining about moaners and try and understand why people are disappointed! They care about future games and the direction of the series...
I agree with what you are saying, like I said the game has gone backwards since 2010 in terms of recreating Formula One. I still turn to F1 CE now and again as at least that captures every aspect of the F1 weekend. Codies F1 games (as good as they have been) all merge into each other once I'm a few races into the career.

And here I thought this forum was for everyone. Had I known it was only for those that pat CM on the shoulder saying "good job" I wouldn't have registered. Just curious though, where does one voice complaints if not here?

Goresh said:
And here I thought this forum was for everyone. Had I known it was only for those that pat CM on the shoulder saying "good job" I wouldn't have registered. Just curious though, where does one voice complaints if not here?

You have missed the point to this thread by a million miles. The thread is not designed to stop people from voicing opinions or giving constructive criticism. It is rather designed to stop childish like behavior and inaccurate information. People claim to know a whole lot about the sport. but surprisingly  they know very little or are not 100% clear about certain topics or how some mechanics work internally and externally within out beloved motor sport.. They only try to emulate what they see on television or when they go see a race. Anyhow the meaning to this thread is to stop messages such as:

I Explain (IE):  "CODEMASTERS SUCK"
"CODIES ARE LAZY"
"THE GAME IS SHIT"
"I AM NOT GONNA SPEND MONEY IN THIS SHIT"
"THIS GAME IS A JOKE"
ect ect.

These STUPID messages offer absolutely no help for Codemasters into making a better game for the future. I cannot be more clear.... there is stupidity and there is people who really want to help in a intelligent civil manner.

But this place is only the half of it, the other rest of the stupidity goes on  twitter too some of the messages i read truly make me question the respect and ways young people are brought up today, honestly i feel pitty and a great deal of frustration. Because people DO want a better game but nobody is willing to go the civil, calm, intelligent, constructive, route. Sadly this happens very rare here, there is very few guys here who have respect for others in this community. These are basic human interaction skills. I don't know why people are so surprised and so offended by this thread, maybe its because they never had actual decent interactions skills and acting like a incoherent animal is the only way they know how to express them self..... anyways i think people need to seriously self reflect and do things the right way so we all get the best game everyone is so desperately seeking.

thanks and good day everyone.

Thing is tho zombie no matter how you post or how much we suck up to codies the fans are simply not being listened to. Maybe my views are different to yours but when they release games that are full of bugs on release day, dont fix half the things through patching the game what kind of reaction do you/they expect? I remember 10 was left with broken pit lanes where you might be sat waiting 15 sec to be released, 11 the AI would ALWAYS retire when they were on there last lap of there first stint (100% race, tyres would explode) 12 had such broken weather if you were not on the right tyre at the exact moment you were screwed, 13 the AI is so broken when it comes to tyre wear and r@d carrer is nearlly imposible for some ppl. Lets not forget the save game bug that has been there since release as ive had at least 2 every game and I had MORE in 13! 4 times it lost my stats, setups and progress. Im not saying they are not good game but the attitude codies seem to have to the ppl buying the game it makes sense to me that they get such hate on the internet. I agree to some extent some go to far but that is the internet for you and the youth of today :) Maybe we dont see the positives in the F1 series much on the forum but as much fun as I have playing the games I never see nothing new that exites me when im playing the game! All we seem to get each year is new scenarios, updated tracks and drivers which imo would take a month dev time at most. Online, gp, and carrer are the three modes that id guess 90% of the customer plays yet what has changed in 5 years? Like I said I have pre ordered but when I watched the gameplay vids from japan I cant help but think what have they done in a year? engineer is the same, start same, animations same, pit crew same, finish of race same, get the point ppl are making?  

You know what the issue is with people giving feedback? It's people like me.

My opinion and suggestion to make this game better is to fit cars with rocket launchers so we can blow each other up! :D

Bet you are wondering where my point is? Well yes, my point was that was my feedback, in my twisted opinion it would make the game better. But still, would you, codemasters or anyone else think that addition would be good for this game? no, I don't think so, it would be the opposite.  

So yeah, all joking aside for now, The fact is peoples opinions mean utter crap unless you hear what you want to hear from them, most of the time that is not the case....  Just get used to it, complaining about people complaining is not helping either.... :)

Those "stupid" messages speak volumes, they are a community that feels cheated and are angry because of it. Just because your too obtuse to see that doesn't make them stupid. While they might not be the most mature reactions, I for one can understand them 100%. Having been one of the forgotten on this side of the pond in 2013, CM had alot to make up to win me back this year. Rushing a title with reduced staff just to fulfill a contract was not what I expected. Maybe this was the year they should have stuck with digital versions for everyone.

Zombie said:
(3) If you feel the game is crap. Then get the hell out of this forum and leave people in peace. (nobody wants to hear you're stupid grade 1 level bashing)

(7) If you are wondering why this forum is a ghost town its because of the stupidity and bashing going on here daily. Real drivers, Codemasters personnel, Steven Hood no longer come to this forum as much as everyone used to. The signs as to why this is happening are obvious, the bashing never stops. Nobody wants to be part of that. There is simply no self respect or respect for others in this forum by the majority who come to post here. Don't be surprised by this.
I only quote these 2 rules because they are the, Number 3 Totally agree, if people bought the game and think its crap, jokes on them they paid for it and then were stupid enough to make an account on a forum in attempt to troll people.

as to Number 7, I'm not trying to be a dick.. but that's only going to feed the trolls

Goresh said:

Those "stupid" messages speak volumes, they are a community that feels cheated and are angry because of it. Just because your too obtuse to see that doesn't make them stupid. While they might not be the most mature reactions, I for one can understand them 100%. Having been one of the forgotten on this side of the pond in 2013, CM had alot to make up to win me back this year. Rushing a title with reduced staff just to fulfill a contract was not what I expected. Maybe this was the year they should have stuck with digital versions for everyone.

@Goresh

Really? what volumes do you speak of? because people are still unhappy about each new release that comes out. Where is the volume in that? This volume is really none existent due to the loud mouths who have nothing positive to contribute. Therefore the game is stuck and so are developers, because they have no serious feedback to lean on. Just kiddie bashing.

@everyone

As far as Codemasters goes... accusation of them not listening to the community are just false...... Since F1 2010 came out I heard people crying about bugs, patches not coming out soon enough... wanting classic content, wanting marshal flags. safety car, more accurate tracks. ect. ect.. F1 2013 comes around... we finally get classics.... (sure there is problems in the game, but at least its much more fun then the first titles) the patches roll in quick ect...... then people just find something new to bash about..... "Oh the handling stinks"... "oh the cars don't look the way I wanted them too" "oh the sound is totally wrong" blah blah blah its so silly that its becoming funny. There is never going to be a game that everyone will agree to like. Everyone wants different things. Its just a never ending bash fest.  As far as bugs goes... its part of the industry.... there is not one game in history that has not needed to be fixed/altered in some way or another to be okay... there is not one game in history that has achieved 100% perfection as far as getting rid of bugs... (yes even the biggest company names out there). Its just how the gaming industry works... there is no such thing as 100% perfection in gaming code. Not ever. And i am sure if someone asked a chief executive officer of  any other major gaming company other then Codemasters I can bet you  they will agree with that notion. 

Also I am seriously thinking of taking back my comment where i said i wont be buying this year's game. I realized i had fallen into the bashing trap by believing what was said here about F1 2014 when I came here and read all the negativity. I came to realize most are wrong. F1 2014 is hardly a copy and paste from F1 2013, even meaningless cosmetic things such as graphics have changed....there is a lot of major obvious changes to the game. Ironic because most claim to think they "know" what they are talking about when it comes down to the game or the motor sport. I'll leave you to it as a challenge to find those changes... should not be hard.... your all experts....... right?

:wink: 

Well now its obvious, your just trolling as I initally suspected, thanks for clarifying that. For someone claiming "we" think we know what we are talking about but don't, you state alot of your opinions like they are fact. Pot calling the kettle black maybe?

Goresh said:
Well now its obvious, your just trolling as I initally suspected, thanks for clarifying that. For someone claiming "we" think we know what we are talking about but don't, you state alot of your opinions like they are fact. Pot calling the kettle black maybe?

You may assume what you want, its your right. I know otherwise because i am indeed the person who authored the message.... but fyi its a weak predictable easy way out to call others trolls when you are left wondering "what in the world is this crazy chap talking about:?!"  and the reason behind that post is totally different from what you think.... yes its a trick post. But its not trolling in any way shape or form . Its a very wise bold direct challenge for a lesson to be learned for those who think F1 2014 is just a copy and paste, nothing less. nothing more. I am also 100% confident the mods in this community would agree and would understand the challenge and information i am trying to reveal some of you that is available right in front of your eyes. 

@Zombie‌ 

So you don't think 2014 is a copy and paste? If anything its a copy, paste, and delete seeing as they're taking away classics.

Personally, all this talk about resources, licensing, and budgets is nonsense in my humble opinion. Milestone have done more with MotoGP in 2 years than Codies have acheived in 5, and all that with much less money, resources, and on a fairly niche genre of racing. Either Milestone have managed to part the Red Sea or Codemasters are on pretty poor form, I tend to sway toward the latter.

MUZZARIOL said:
@Zombie‌ 

So you don't think 2014 is a copy and paste? If anything its a copy, paste, and delete seeing as they're taking away classics.

Personally, all this talk about resources, licensing, and budgets is nonsense in my humble opinion. Milestone have done more with MotoGP in 2 years than Codies have acheived in 5, and all that with much less money, resources, and on a fairly niche genre of racing. Either Milestone have managed to part the Red Sea or Codemasters are on pretty poor form, I tend to sway toward the latter.
um, your forgetting the horrificuly painfull site for sore eyes known as milestones WRC series, worst games in human history ever produced.....