Sign in to follow this  

The childish stupidty needs to STOP NOW

List of rules

(1) If you been watching Formula 1 on television for over 20 years. Don't call your self an expert, because your not. Watching something on tv does "not" make anyone an expert in any way shape or form. .

(2) If you have never driven a real Formula 1 car or Kart in real life. Don't give Codemasters pointers of how the cars should handle because you do not know. You are only assuming based on personal preference or by other past formula 1 games you have played which are also inaccurate to the real life handling of Formula 1 cars. Codemasters have done the best and closest job to real life to date PERIOD. That is a fact.

(3) If you feel the game is crap. Then get the hell out of this forum and leave people in peace. (nobody wants to hear you're stupid grade 1 level bashing)

(4) F1 2014 is going to be great. Stop moaning that is a copy and paste. The formula 1 season this year WAS in fact just a copy and paste anyway.  There where only minor changes. Don't expect more from a GAME.  All the other banter you see on TV is nothing more then hype tactics. The changes are minor. Thats a FACT.  Any driver mistakes you see are not because of the changes. Its pure bad luck... nothing more. Example: Italy MONZA. Nico looses his lead to Lewis because of a breaking mistake. Nothing more.... this should NOT reflect in the game.

(5) if you want a true real life simulator type, then you are barking at the wrong tree. There has never been in past history (Not even the Geoff Crammond series) and will never be a Formula 1 "GAME" that is a true 100% simulator.. If you want that i suggest buying a good PC that can run rfactor smoothly. THAT is as close to a true simulator and even then there is pit falls... the true rfactor plug ins that are seen in formula 1 factories are not available nor have they ever been to the general public.

(6) Stop thinking that because you are a paying customer gives you the right to illegally bully the Codemasters company and its close associates That is not only against the law but its  just not going to get you heard.EVER  Its your own fault, if you do not like the games they are putting out for sale DON'T BUY THEM!~  Simple as that.

(7) If you are wondering why this forum is a ghost town its because of the stupidity and bashing going on here daily. Real drivers, Codemasters personnel, Steven Hood no longer come to this forum as much as everyone used to. The signs as to why this is happening are obvious, the bashing never stops. Nobody wants to be part of that. There is simply no self respect or respect for others in this forum by the majority who come to post here. Don't be surprised by this.

thank you and good day.    

to say the changes between season were minor is the biggest understatement ever. 
The changes to the cars were the most dramatic in the sports history. 
Errors in braking from real drivers have been caused by the brake-by-wire electronic systems, which do not give a direct feel for the brakes and can be effected by ERS.

i personally, have watched every race since 1988. I follow the technical regulations fairly closely and quite enjoy reading Scarb's opinions on updates rather than Ted Kravitz ramblings. I'm not an expert, but I know what I'm talking about. 
Im well aware that this is a video game. Nobody expects the mclaren simulator in their living room. 
people are entitled to their opinions! They have as much right to air it as you do for not liking it..
fact is, if the game was up to standard, people wouldn't complain. 
In previous years Id have have moaned about the negativity too. But this year I feel it's justified. 
Move already written in a thread about my views so I won't repeat myself.
but if nobody complained, CM would never be aware of the issues people have with the game!

And that sir is your personal opinion. But its not fact. I know of far more dramatic changes to the sport even before this year that where never even announced. Driver errors have been happening ever since the sport was born, it has nothing to do with the changes of the cars. Its how the drivers react and adapt to the minor changes that counts the most.. i am glad you mentioned Ted. Like you,. i would never set in stone as pure fact what is said on TV or magazines unless it comes from a creditable confirmed source.

I could not agree more everyone has a god given right to have opinions. But lets not confuse opinions to child like moaning, bashing and name calling. That is hardly constructive or an opinion at all. 

When the teams themselves, including designers, engineers and team bosses who have been in F1 for 20-30 years say this is the biggest change to the regulations in the sports history, then you can't really argue with that... There were big changes in the 80's from ground effect turbos to the aerodynamic bodywork of the 90's and 00's. 2009 saw a huge shakeup of aero regulations, but not in the same way as this year. You're talking about a complete change in the power train and electronics department.. Changes to the way the car even functions and behaves. 
None of this changes seem apparent in the 2014 game. They may be a little tail happy but so were the 2014 cars with low downforce and TC off..

in in relation to the forum. I've not seen anyone insulting personel from Codemasters. You'll always get a few prats anywhere you go, but in general all I see are people sharing their displeasure for what should be the most exciting new game in the series.

But thats exactly it, the heart of the problem. How can anyone judge the changes based on a video, a game? that is totally irrelevant. People jump the gun here too much.... Also the moment i knew F1 2014 was coming out in current gen I knew not to expect much due to hardware limitations presented on those current gen consoles. F1 2014 is merely a thanks and good bye to the current gen of gaming consoles. It was never meant to be any celebrated game with major changes.

F1 2015 on the other hand is where everyone should be setting there sights to. Its going to be EPIC. 

Really? Surely moaning about ppl who are unhappy about the way the game is going is childish? Its posts like this that p me off as at the end of the day if ppl are unhappy with what they see/play they should what exactly? give cm a thumbs up and say oh well Its not a sim so safety car, warm up lap, manuall control aint needed for a better F1 gaming experience instead lets do a 1lap race and call that a new feature and be happy. You say you watch F1 then say that the cars are basically the same as last year lol! Im not sure if from that comment you are a troll but you clearly know NOTHING about F1 if that is your opinion, FACT! I go go karting at least once if not twice a month but there is no way in hell you can compare a go kart to a F1 car either, sure It gives you great experience of driving on the limit (my limit) but nothing comes close to a F1 car yet alone a go kart. From what ive seen over the years is most ppl aint after 100% sim physics just something that is close to what we see on the tv. Lets put it this way, go online and see the way ppl drive over the grass at canada or run wide at india because its the quickest way now go watch any session where a driver puts a wheel on the grass under braking and tell me what happens. In F1 the pit crews do 1000s of pit stops every year because they are such an important part of racing in F1 so when I lose control in the pit stops its like a cut scene really nothing more as my actions have no affect on the pit stop at all. Same goes for the safety car, start of races, no warm up lap so the player has no control over important parts of F1 racing. If ppl dont want to spend the time doing these things then why not have an option to turn it all off instead of what we have now which imo is a half arsed job that havent changed since 2011 (10 had manual pit) I do enjoy playing the F1 series but that is more because im F1 mad not because the games are amazing and im happy with every thing that has been done over the years. If cm do such a good job in your opinion can you think of 10 features that have changed in carrer,gp or online since 10 was released? You would prob have a bigger list of what has been taken out! Soz for the rant ppl but the op has no idea of what they are talking about imo! 

I don't think people are complaining about the handling, or anything limited by the hardware. That's completely understandable and nobody expects anything different.
what people are unhappy with is the lack of features, game modes and anything that adds to the racing.
we are denied good features that are well requested because of limited resources. Yet there has been so much removed from the 2013 game and nothing new added. 2013 had 4 extra tracks and 12 extra classic cars with bespoke handling models. 
Manual pit lane features were in previous games. We all want them back. Steve Hood hates them so they went...
practice sessions are only omitted because they can't be bothered to test them thoroughly.. They were in old games. I agree they offer little in terms of playing each session fully, but there's no reason to take the authenticity away in having them..
just a few examples of why people are unhappy!

tell me honestly what makes 2014 worth another £40 when you already own the previous games...

Honestly what makes F1 2014 any better from F1 2013 is NOTHING. Which is the point you are  missing to see!. I am not going to even buy F1 2014. When Steven Hood himself says F1 2014 is not much more then a simple thanks to the loyal customers. Then what is there to expect? A new game packed with new features? absolutely NOT!  Again... F1 2015 is where everyone should be focusing in. All the major stuff is in F1 2015 not 2014.  And its going to blow your socks off Matt :smile: 

vtidixon said:
Really? Surely moaning about ppl who are unhappy about the way the game is going is childish? Its posts like this that p me off as at the end of the day if ppl are unhappy with what they see/play they should what exactly? give cm a thumbs up and say oh well Its not a sim so safety car, warm up lap, manuall control aint needed for a better F1 gaming experience instead lets do a 1lap race and call that a new feature and be happy. You say you watch F1 then say that the cars are basically the same as last year lol! Im not sure if from that comment you are a troll but you clearly know NOTHING about F1 if that is your opinion, FACT! I go go karting at least once if not twice a month but there is no way in hell you can compare a go kart to a F1 car either, sure It gives you great experience of driving on the limit (my limit) but nothing comes close to a F1 car yet alone a go kart. From what ive seen over the years is most ppl aint after 100% sim physics just something that is close to what we see on the tv. Lets put it this way, go online and see the way ppl drive over the grass at canada or run wide at india because its the quickest way now go watch any session where a driver puts a wheel on the grass under braking and tell me what happens. In F1 the pit crews do 1000s of pit stops every year because they are such an important part of racing in F1 so when I lose control in the pit stops its like a cut scene really nothing more as my actions have no affect on the pit stop at all. Same goes for the safety car, start of races, no warm up lap so the player has no control over important parts of F1 racing. If ppl dont want to spend the time doing these things then why not have an option to turn it all off instead of what we have now which imo is a half arsed job that havent changed since 2011 (10 had manual pit) I do enjoy playing the F1 series but that is more because im F1 mad not because the games are amazing and im happy with every thing that has been done over the years. If cm do such a good job in your opinion can you think of 10 features that have changed in carrer,gp or online since 10 was released? You would prob have a bigger list of what has been taken out! Soz for the rant ppl but the op has no idea of what they are talking about imo!

They should simply not be stupid and buy the game if they are unhappy the way the game is getting developed. But clearly they will go to a store or log in online and BUY IT! Then they come here bashing,  like kids that they are unhappy about the game. If i buy a product knowly that i am unhappy with it... i will not buy it use it then complain about it perfectly knowing that i was unhappy when i made the purchase in the first place. .WHAAAA i don't like the sound! WHAAAAA the sound is a second too late! WHAAA  the safety car is not out often! Basic never ending cry fest. What did you expect? a whole new game just for you!? HA! Not going to happen. The way people drive across the grass to gain on others is annoying but not a codemasters problem. People have been finding ways to exploit games for as long as I remember. There will always be cheaters.

Zombie said:
List of rules

(1) If you been watching Formula 1 on television for over 20 years. Don't call your self an expert, because your not. Watching something on tv does "not" make anyone an expert in any way shape or form. .

(2) If you have never driven a real Formula 1 car or Kart in real life. Don't give Codemasters pointers of how the cars should handle because you do not know. You are only assuming based on personal preference or by other past formula 1 games you have played which are also inaccurate to the real life handling of Formula 1 cars. Codemasters have done the best and closest job to real life to date PERIOD. That is a fact.

(3) If you feel the game is crap. Then get the hell out of this forum and leave people in peace. (nobody wants to hear you're stupid grade 1 level bashing)

(4) F1 2014 is going to be great. Stop moaning that is a copy and paste. The formula 1 season this year WAS in fact just a copy and paste anyway.  There where only minor changes. Don't expect more from a GAME.  All the other banter you see on TV is nothing more then hype tactics. The changes are minor. Thats a FACT.  Any driver mistakes you see are not because of the changes. Its pure bad luck... nothing more. Example: Italy MONZA. Nico looses his lead to Lewis because of a breaking mistake. Nothing more.... this should NOT reflect in the game.

(5) if you want a true real life simulator type, then you are barking at the wrong tree. There has never been in past history (Not even the Geoff Crammond series) and will never be a Formula 1 "GAME" that is a true 100% simulator.. If you want that i suggest buying a good PC that can run rfactor smoothly. THAT is as close to a true simulator and even then there is pit falls... the true rfactor plug ins that are seen in formula 1 factories are not available nor have they ever been to the general public.

(6) Stop thinking that because you are a paying customer gives you the right to illegally bully the Codemasters company and its close associates That is not only against the law but its  just not going to get you heard.EVER  Its your own fault, if you do not like the games they are putting out for sale DON'T BUY THEM!~  Simple as that.

(7) If you are wondering why this forum is a ghost town its because of the stupidity and bashing going on here daily. Real drivers, Codemasters personnel, Steven Hood no longer come to this forum as much as everyone used to. The signs as to why this is happening are obvious, the bashing never stops. Nobody wants to be part of that. There is simply no self respect or respect for others in this forum by the majority who come to post here. Don't be surprised by this.

thank you and good day.    

take your list and stick up up your @@@

Impressive post! @ matt Point made. LOL stupid kids ruin this forum/

CBA to read OP's book. From skimming through it I can say that my opinion is that you are a twit, Zombie, nothing more than a boy who wants some attention. OP is pointless and flamebait.

We want an enjoyable and good F1 racing game, which CM has failed to allocate. If you can't handle that, then please and kindly fuck off, mate.

CBA to read OP's book. From skimming through it I can say that my opinion is that you are a twit, Zombie, nothing more than a boy who wants some attention. OP is pointless and flamebait.

We want an enjoyable and good F1 racing game, which CM has failed to allocate. If you can't handle that, then please and kindly fuck off, mate.

And they stupidity keeps on coming! LOl and they expect a better game with these sort of smart comments. God you are an embarrassment!. 

Ye sure I know im stupid for pre ordering 2014 but what other option do I have to drive the new cars? There is no way I would buy any other game I wasnt happy with before release (new features) but I love F1 so I know come release day I will be itching to play the game, will I be happy? only time will tell but surely it is my right to come on here and tell others my opinions and give negative/positive feedback without ppl like you saying that we are being childish for compaining about spending £40 on a game that hasnt changed much in 5 years! I could get 40 mins on track for that so if the game is no good I have every right to be unhappy even tho I knew I might be. Reading your other posts you seem to be saying 2014 will be amazing yet you are not going to buy? My guess is that you are a child yourself and looking for reactions out of ppl so Ill leave it there and go play the last of us instead as that much more interesting than reading your posts!

vtidixon said:
Ye sure I know im stupid for pre ordering 2014 but what other option do I have to drive the new cars? There is no way I would buy any other game I wasnt happy with before release (new features) but I love F1 so I know come release day I will be itching to play the game, will I be happy? only time will tell but surely it is my right to come on here and tell others my opinions and give negative/positive feedback without ppl like you saying that we are being childish for compaining about spending £40 on a game that hasnt changed much in 5 years! I could get 40 mins on track for that so if the game is no good I have every right to be unhappy even tho I knew I might be. Reading your other posts you seem to be saying 2014 will be amazing yet you are not going to buy? My guess is that you are a child yourself and looking for reactions out of ppl so Ill leave it there and go play the last of us instead as that much more interesting than reading your posts!

Never used amazing in any posts i made regarding F1 2014. I am not buying it because i know what the game is going to be all about. I am not amazed. therefore i wont be buying the game and will be buying  F1 2015 instead based on the facts and what Steven has said about F1 2014 being nothing more then a simply thank you I never expected much from it therefore i am not buying it and i choose to focus on F1 2015.

Zombie said:

And they stupidity keeps on coming! LOl and they expect a better game with these sort of smart comments. God you are an embarrassment!. 

You really are daft, aren't you? 

Zombie said:
List of rules

thank you and good day.    

well said

Codies are taking us all for mugs. They know the F1 faithful will buy the game regardless of how bad it looks because its an exclusively licensed product. Thats why they bend over backwards for casual gamers implementin useless flaccid modes like shorter careers etc

When a modern F1 game still doesn't feature half the things Geoff Crammond thought of going back to the 90's you know there's a problem...

...and I aint referring to "licensing issues", "console limitations", or "FOM" either. 

Zombie said:

You really are daft, aren't you?

Based on what assumption? You don't know me.

MUZZARIOL said:
Codies are taking us all for mugs. They know the F1 faithful will buy the game regardless of how bad it looks because its an exclusively licensed product. Thats why they bend over backwards for casual gamers implementin useless flaccid modes like shorter careers etc

When a modern F1 game still doesn't feature half the things Geoff Crammond thought of going back to the 90's you know there's a problem...

...and I aint referring to "licensing issues", "console limitations", or "FOM" either.

Based on what fact? you have no idea whats your talking about. Those are all personal... your own personal views. But the facts state a very different story.  You are wrong. And the much praised Geoff Crammond series... if you are thinking of going back to that game is only a re enforced testament that people here do not know what they are talking about. The loved Geoff Crammon's series (as entertaining as they where for that time even for me personally,  was just it "entertainment" nothing more) where far more flawed and unrealistic then the superior products Codemaster's have managed to put out over the period of 4 years..Further more F1 2009 was never really a Codemasters made game so I do not count it. 

Zombie said:
List of rules

(3) If you feel the game is crap. Then get the hell out of this forum and leave people in blah blah blah

(4) Blah blah BLAH BLAAHHHHH...., BLAH!

(5) Blahhhh blah blah...., blahblahblah - BLAH!

roaaarrr roaarrr ROAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
ran out of popcorn already

I just came back from a long time of inactivity at this forum, and I just read a few threads. I totally agree with the original poster here, I don't know why people keep complaining. Codemasters are doing an outstanding job, creating the most realistic driving experiences I've ever used. These flamers probably don't see that CM has to build a game for old machines (XBox360 was released around ten years ago) and if you want a high-end game, then why don't you wait for the next-generation F1 release?

I've preordered F1 2014 at Steam and I'm sure it will be even better than its predecessors (which were great games, too). Keep up the good work, Codemasters! ♥

To respond to the OP.

(1) I've been watching F1 since 1994, and watch every FP, Qualy and Race. And I go to a Grand prix each year. You are right that this does not make me an expert. But from what I see on TV I do glean some aspects of the car handling. The nervousness of cars under braking, how much they are sliding around, how much drivers are stuggling with tyre degradation, how much fuel they have to save. This is all stuff we can pick up from TV. And it's only natural to expect to see the same characteristics in the game.

(2) Driving a kart gives you accurate idea about driving an F1 car? wow, that's a first. Sure it's probably as close to driving on the limit as amateurs can come, and there are certain elements that are similar to F1 in the driving style and cornering forces. But to say driving a kart makes you able to give feedback for CM that is accurate is just false. As said in point 1, we can pick a lot up from what we see on TV and I think it's only right we point this out to CM when the game doesn't replicate this.

(3) Semi agreed. if you feel the game is bad there's no problem giving constructive feedback on how to make it better. In fact, isn't that what this forum is partially designed for? For those who only bash the game without constructive feedback, I agree they need to delete the game from their harddisc, don't buy the next iteration, and leave this forum alone.

(4) How can you say the game is going to be great without having played it? I think it might be good. But to be a great game with all the features lost this year is going to be a huge ask. Players expect more and more in this day and age, and to remove features from a yearly game automatically means players will be very critical of what is left.

(5) Agreed. CM will never produce a full simulator. If you want that try and call Mclaren HQ if you can get some time in theirs.  I love this approach CM have regarding to physics, and I hope that never changes. I do think CM went slightly overboard with the tyre degradation in F1 2013. As an average player with TC on full usually can't make the tyres last long enough for the normal pitstop strategy (or at least on par with the AI). I hope that's fixed in F1 2014.

(6) Everyone knows when you buy a game you get what the developer made, no refunds. You made the choice to buy, and if you don't like it that's tough. I do think however when games are faulty or riddled with bugs, that customers have the right to expect game breaking bugs to be fixed. The savegame bug that I've had with 2010, 2011 and 2012 version of the game is something I'll expect fixed. And CM have done this.

(7) This forum is most a ghosttown because the buildup to F1 2014 is underwhelming to say the least. No dev diaries, no trailers, no proper gameplay video's, and no developers online to comment on certain decisions made in this game, what they fine-tuned or improved in handling. Because of that there's a level of resentment building up, which leads to massive amounths of negative treads. Causing more then a few to leave the forum or at least stop posting.

I get that F1 2014 is the last of this gen, and as such probably won't be the version it could have been. But it would have been great if Hatta or Steve could have made a few sticky posts explaining this properly. And doing a few Q&A treads to at least keep people informed. If they had done that, half the bashing would have already been gone.

If you can do no good by moaning or you're just being a dick for the sake of it, then I agree - stop wasting our time, but if there's a chance of making a difference you should complain and CM want you to or they wouldn't put this forum here at all. 

I do agree with one aspect of your post though - people are calling this game a pile of s**t before they've even got it. Hopefully the high quality moaning that we are used to in previous years will return when the game finally comes out  :)

Am i alone?i think the series is pretty good, not perfect but pretty good and i think its what you make it.You need to put in some effort, i have a play seat with t500rs and f1 wheel add on, a good surround and 55"led tv,i wear racing shoes and gloves, i use no aids and have osd off and play from in car and i find it to be brilliant.

Zombie said:
List of rules

thank you and good day.    

Apart from the fact this is a forum designed for discussion where everyone can have their say, who are you to to make up some nonsense rules?
For my part I have been critical of the way 2014 is shaping up based on the fact that content and features are being taken out not added in! 2014 will be the fifth iteration of Codemasters F1 series and its getting lighter and lighter on content with every year. Yet every year the community constantly suggest the same features that they wish to see if the game. In short the game is going backwards! to the extent that this year feels hollow and rushed and given that Codies have delayed bringing out a next gen version, proves that they are focusing their efforts on next year.

More proof of the slap dash effort this year is removal of Classics, and not even being bothered to create the different team steering wheels! Plus still not including the whole race weekend! failing to update changes to some of the existing circuits, using the same tired over used animations after races, using the same audio recordings for race engineer.... the list goes on!

2014 is in effect a roster update with a a change of car models and new engine audio (not even faithfully recreated!). There are community MOD's already available that do a better job than this! It's not good enough and I'm not the only one that feels this way.