Sign in to follow this  

F1 2017 grip and aero compared too 2016

YES! This! Finally somebody else noticed it too. The cars do not have the amount of downforce they should have in this game, so disappointed. The understeer is absolutely terrible in some 5th and 4th gear corners like in Austria, Spa and other tracks too, the lap times after Austria onwards are not even close to the real ones because the car just does not turn as much as it should.

LEGEND(99) AI are doing 1:07s in Austria and 1:45s in Spa which are both about 3 seconds off the real pace and only 1-2 seconds faster than in F1 2016 with the same conditions. I in total honesty feel like driving a 2016 year Mercedes in Austria and Spa for example, there's literally no difference in those fast corners where the enjoyable 2017 difference should be..if you don't believe this, just compare the lap times you see to the ones you did in F1 2016 and/or the real life 2017 counterparts

For example in Spa 2017 pole was 1.42.5 and 2016 pole was 1:46.7 - a 4.2 second difference and in F1 2017 it is only about half of that.

<Facepalm>

Pole on my career (level 100) was 1:44.4 which is 1.9 sec off. I reckon on Pro (110) its another second a lap quicker so we're down to 0.9 off and that Merc is gonna get quicker and quicker with 10 seasons of development on it...

(And in 2016 it was the same thing so pro rata the laptimes have increased very accurately considering they were working on simulation data provided by the teams and not real world figures).