Sign in to follow this  

The Rant Thread

Remember the Rant Subforum on NSP (I wonder what happened to NSP), well this is the same thing. Keep it clean.

I'd like to start with the Royal Family.

I don't think I can take this anymore. Half of the 'news' in these news bulletins barely constitute news. Can someone please tell me how Bill and Kate walking 150m down the road is possibly, possibly more important than civilians dying in Syria, Ukrainians fighting for their freedom, or the atrocious state-sponsored nazi-esque concentration camps on our doorstep? Our government is lying to us, but they're not being held accountable by the media because a couple of tourists have hypnotised us. How does an unremarkable infant, born into privilege, receive more news coverage and more recognition than a firefighter, paramedic or a teacher? Why should I care what colour dress Kate is wearing, or if she has a hat to complete her ensemble? The royals are being treated like celebrities here, and it's high time that we made sure that's all they are (in Australia).

Remember the Rant Subforum on NSP (I wonder what happened to NSP), well this is the same thing. Keep it clean.

I don't think I can take this anymore. Half of the 'news' in these news bulletins barely constitute news. Can someone please tell me how Bill and Kate walking 150m down the road is possibly, possibly more important than civilians dying in Syria, Ukrainians fighting for their freedom, or the atrocious state-sponsored nazi-esque concentration camps on our doorstep? Our government is lying to us, but they're not being held accountable by the media because a couple of tourists have hypnotised us. How does an unremarkable infant, born into privilege, receive more news coverage and more recognition than a firefighter, paramedic or a teacher? Why should I care what colour dress Kate is wearing, or if she has a hat to complete her ensemble? The royals are being treated like celebrities here, and it's high time that we made sure that's all they are (in Australia).
Sky News have just reported THEY'VE PLANTED A TREE ! :-O

Sky News have just reported THEY'VE PLANTED A TREE ! :-O
Whoa, they planted a tree?!? Who on earth is crazy enough to do that?!? M3NT4L!!!

But yeah, they are a bit outdated now, maybe someday people will see they are nothing special.

Wow, I got a warning from PSN for telling someone what I thought of them passing it around the back of their defence on FIFA 14 for the last 20 minutes of a game. 

I hate this on FIFA, people use cheap tactics and win as a result, and when I do win, (Beat someone 4-1 today), I get disconnected and lose 3-0 due to EA servers. They compensate me with a Gold pack and, what do you know, get nothing good in it. Thanks EA. (That was in seasons too, it would have secured promotion, and one more win in the last game would have been the division title, so I was annoyed to say the least).

It wasn't like a formal warning, just a slap on wrists. Never heard of Sony punishing "abusive language". It wasn't really a great thing to do, but I was annoyed and people do things they shouldn't when annoyed. But I'd say ruining someone else's game experience is an equally bad thing to do or maybe worse.

I like the Royal Family. Monarchies are flawed systems no doubt, but there is no way they will be phased out or whatever you want to do with them. They would have to fizzle out, like the Romanov's did as a result of Nicholas II abdicating for him and his son. 

Anyway, I like it, it sets us apart from other major nations. 

AMS97KRR said:
I like the Royal Family. Monarchies are flawed systems no doubt, but there is no way they will be phased out or whatever you want to do with them. They would have to fizzle out, like the Romanov's did as a result of Nicholas II abdicating for him and his son. 

Anyway, I like it, it sets us apart from other major nations. 
Yeah I agree with this. Whilst the system is out dated there is a lot of heritage upon them, and as you say it makes us more unique as a nation which creates a lot of publicity world wide for us as well. I mean look what the royal wedding did a couple of years back, millions tuned in across the planet to see it. Even though I don't really care for it there is a large gain from having them (well in the UK anyway). 

SynGamer said:
Head colds. That is all.
indeed nasty aren't they
Yep. Currently sucking on some lozenges, running the humidifier, and chatting at 5AM. Niquil wore off.

42 degrees over here, ...... DO HUMAN BEINGS LIVE IN SUCH A FOOKING WEATHER ???? YOU THINK I AM PLAYING A MOTHER FOOKING SAHARA DESERT WEATHER GAME HERE !!!! And you expect me to study in such conditions ? Well, SCREW YOU AND YOU CAN GO F URSELF IN A VOLCANO IF YOU WANT !!! 42 degrees and yet I am being told to study study and study. BEEN HEARING THE SAME DAM THING FOR THE PAST 14 FREAKING YEARS AND WHAT ??? STILL IN A HELL HOLE !!!

/* rant over */

Too hot to wear a hoodie over a shirt. Too cold not to. 

#firstworldproblems

Ron666 said:
42 degrees over here, ...... DO HUMAN BEINGS LIVE IN SUCH A FOOKING WEATHER ???? YOU THINK I AM PLAYING A MOTHER FOOKING SAHARA DESERT WEATHER GAME HERE !!!! And you expect me to study in such conditions ? Well, SCREW YOU AND YOU CAN GO F URSELF IN A VOLCANO IF YOU WANT !!! 42 degrees and yet I am being told to study study and study. BEEN HEARING THE SAME DAM THING FOR THE PAST 14 FREAKING YEARS AND WHAT ??? STILL IN A HELL HOLE !!!

/* rant over */
Well....

Apparently I have 5 abuse markers on my account. Not sure what they are for or from whom...

SynGamer said:
Apparently I have 5 abuse markers on my account. Not sure what they are for or from whom...
Promote, spam and abuse is hidden.