Jump to content Jump to content

Russian gp demo f12014 gameplay courtesy of GameRiot

I must say the graphics look a step up from last year!!! More sharper and brighter too!!! It's the XBOX 360 version but it looks like it's from the PC!! It says in the description on the video in Youtube that it's on Expert AI and medium TC.... Looks challenging already, even better on Legend without assists!!!!  Good stuff!!! :)
I must say the graphics look a step up from last year!!! More sharper and brighter too!!! It's the XBOX 360 version but it looks like it's from the PC!! 
No way can that be XBOX 360, that vid is surely from PC ? Nowhere in the vid or description does it say its the XBOX 360 version...
mmpaw37 said:

Yes, very good gameplay footage, and thanks to hammymansell for the info regarding the difficulty and assists used.

From viewing the footage, I must admit it does look more challenging which Is a very good sign. I always play on Legend with no assists and everything manual, so in regards to the video I can imagine somewhat as to what I can expect handling wise...And very pleased with what I have seen!.

The only thing that I have noticed is the lack of using the higher gears through corners, but there could be a number of things that could explain why this is. In real life, they tend to use the higher gears for A. More torque - and B. Fuel saving, so I hope this will be possible in the game.

This race was only 3 laps so that could be the reason, maybe @Hatta could shed some light on the higher gear usage throughout a 100% distance race?

Anyway, all-in-all I am very happy with what I have seen, which now makes the wait all the more painful!!!  :(

You're welcome M8 for the info.... And yes still 20 days more until release.... Lucky Japanese only have to wait 7 days!! LOL!

The gear issue could also be if automatic gears were being used in the video.... But like yourself i'll be playing on legend with no assists and everything manual, and will be short-shifting a lot to avoid spinning up the rears to conserve tyres, and also fuel!!! Can't wait! :disagree: 

Skye said:
I must say the graphics look a step up from last year!!! More sharper and brighter too!!! It's the XBOX 360 version but it looks like it's from the PC!! 
No way can that be XBOX 360, that vid is surely from PC ? Nowhere in the vid or description does it say its the XBOX 360 version...
In the last few seconds of the video on the results screen you can see at the bottom the relevant XBOX 360 controller buttons..... Maybe it's PC but i would say it's more likely to be the 360!
It will most likely be on PC using an xbox controller. Hopefully there isn't too many assists built in for controller users this time round but it looks better than I imagined in terms of gameplay now all we need is a video of cockpit cam and a wheel with no assists, not cheat cam and aid pad with assists
Talking about the fuel usage, my first understanding was that there will be no fuel mix in order to manage the fuel during the race, players would have to control their feet, maybe I am wrong, but from this video I can see that it will be just like 2013, is it right or am I missing something?
It looks great! I'm just curious on one thing - the official F1 app states the medium and soft compound tyres will be used for Sochi. I noticed the medium compound tyres were being used for a 3 lap race in which we always use the option tyre for such a short race which has me asking will the game be using the medium and hard compound tyres for Sochi?
hola said:
Car seems to be glued to the track again like in 2013. 2012 pre-patch with less understeer was the way to go, specially while in cockpit view.
It's all personal preference. CM can't please everyone. 

The AI still need work. They look glued to the track. Medium TC doesn't help us understanding how the car feels. Expert AI with the way this guy was driving is a shame, should have been further down the field IMO. 

However, something I did notice was the engine temp. It looked like he was struggling with engine temp issues, which is good as it almost never happens on 2013. Very interesting to see, and pleasing. The steering wheel display is actually quite pleasing, as well.