Jump to content Jump to content

Russian gp demo f12014 gameplay courtesy of GameRiot

If ERS is in the game then I imagine it would be on the car setup screen if you can set where the power is applied. It doesn't activate like KERS does as there's no manual input from the driver. It's all automatic.
I'm not sure if it's been confirmed one way or the other but I would think it would be in new gen if not this one.
mmpaw37 said:

There is no KERS system this year. Secondly, It has been confirmed that the ERS power system is delivered automatically, therefore no input from the driver.

If I remember rightly, @Hatta said the more RPM range is used the more power is produced, but on the downside more fuel is used.

Is there any tangible proof that ERS is indeed in the game or do we have to just use our imagination? I see that the fuel mixtures are in the game, just like 2010-2013. And in general, more fuel is used at higher RPM even without ERS.
I have noticed in the Sochi race that at the end of the long back straight on the 1st lap the car is in 8th gear for longer with a higher top speed obviously ( I don't think it's due to a tow from the Ferrari in front as too far away ) than lap 2 where the car just reaches 8th before braking..... Maybe this is the ERS working....... The car seems to accelerate out of some corners better than others at different times each lap!! Maybe! :) And also the start of lap 2 the car's speed is different to the start of lap 3, dispite exiting the last corner pretty much the same way, so again maybe for the ERS! Hope so!
I have noticed in the Sochi race that at the end of the long back straight on the 1st lap the car is in 8th gear for longer with a higher top speed obviously ( I don't think it's due to a tow from the Ferrari in front as too far away ) than lap 2 where the car just reaches 8th before braking..... Maybe this is the ERS working....... The car seems to accelerate out of some corners better than others at different times each lap!! Maybe! :) And also the start of lap 2 the car's speed is different to the start of lap 3, dispite exiting the last corner pretty much the same way, so again maybe for the ERS! Hope so!
Perhaps just your imagination  o:)
Perhaps just your imagination  o:)
Naaaaaaaaaaaa.......... I'm a believer!!! :smiley: