Sign in to follow this  

This is how you do it!

First of all this isn't an attention seeking post nor is it attracting you tube hits, a friend made this voluntarily, this is a video done on the spur of the moment he decided to commentate, took us all by surprise so we asked him to do it proper and record it, this is the result.

The reason I post this is because CM need to see how important spectating is, also how racing can be done with respect, custom cups with friends can be a fun place, no incidents took place that warranted their own thread although there was contact.

It also highlights how important the rear view virtual mirror could be.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOBHa98OFm8

Very, very nice, fun. And is a way to learn too.
I use this for Drift races and is very useful. Legends has the problem with the cutiing corners, especially in Yas Marina where it could be done a total straight in all hairpins and chicane and there´s no penatly (CM should fix that yet) but the race is clean and nobody abuse from this issue.
(This week Tuner Racenet challenge desperates with the lines and penalties...are very difficult to avoid with the anxious speed XD)

Congrats for the "TV broadcast race from Grid AS"...maybe more interesting than other F1 races sometimes.. XD.

Salute.

The group I participate in, GRID Autosport Racers on Steam, does the same thing every Saturday, with tiered events for players of different skill levels. It's nice to know there's people elsewhere that do this on occasion, because it's a fun way to view races.

However, it's interesting the way the result ended up being. I'm used to MX topping the list every single time, with that group of people, anyway.

The group I participate in, GRID Autosport Racers on Steam, does the same thing every Saturday, with tiered events for players of different skill levels. It's nice to know there's people elsewhere that do this on occasion, because it's a fun way to view races.

However, it's interesting the way the result ended up being. I'm used to MX topping the list every single time, with that group of people, anyway.
We are not too shabby when the heat is on @amphydoodle, MX is quick but we can hold our own on occasion, you should come and give us a try.

I recently joined the Grid Autosport Racers but haven't raced yet as the disciplines haven't been for me, I am a touring nut at heart so it limits the races.

Anyway this wasn't for attention but merely to highlight that the game can be fun and some of the stupid petty posts on here can be laid to rest, race clean boys and it comes back to you!

I don't play with the people in your video because I've been effectively banished from their games. I'm talking DC~DF and MX in particular. I'm used to seeing these guys with the whole DC~DF crew, or in the presence of Mavrick. I've been accused of hacking thousands of times over by him, so I just don't have the ability to hop in a lobby with those people anymore. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I don't play with the people in your video because I've been effectively banished from their games. I'm talking DC~DF and MX in particular. I'm used to seeing these guys with the whole DC~DF crew, or in the presence of Mavrick. I've been accused of hacking thousands of times over by him, so I just don't have the ability to hop in a lobby with those people anymore. Sucks, but it is what it is.
Well you are quite welcome in our lobby, we have no hidden agenda.

First of all this isn't an attention seeking post nor is it attracting you tube hits, a friend made this voluntarily, this is a video done on the spur of the moment he decided to commentate, took us all by surprise so we asked him to do it proper and record it, this is the result.

The reason I post this is because CM need to see how important spectating is, also how racing can be done with respect, custom cups with friends can be a fun place, no incidents took place that warranted their own thread although there was contact.

Enjoy.

Looked like a lot of fun. I agree about spectate. When you've having a great race you want to be able to review/view in as many ways possible.

That incident at 5:10 though ... hmmmm.

dirt3joe said:

Enjoy.

Looked like a lot of fun. I agree about spectate. When you've having a great race you want to be able to review/view in as many ways possible.

Lol, yeah Deepthought was a bit ambitious into that corner, ah well we all make mistakes, it was really fun the adrenalin was pumping.

This guy would make a great real life racing commentator :D
We all said the same thing, it was like being in and watching a real life touring championship, Gnarleus is his name, look out for him and I am sure he would oblige to do the same for anyone's club race, he had a blast doing it.

To be fair, CM do seem to be aware of how important this is, as this is exactly how they streamed their own F1 2013 league on Twitch earlier this year. I believe Steve Hood has already confirmed on Twitter that we’ll see better spectating options in F1 2015 too.

dirt3joe said:

Enjoy.

Lol, yeah Deepthought was a bit ambitious into that corner, ah well we all make mistakes, it was really fun the adrenalin was pumping.
I like that word - ambitious !

That did look like a good touring car race, with plenty of close quarters battles. As others have said, it would be good if he could do some more commentary.

the back and fotth between comnetors was good but some one need to turn their mic up 

good job
Yeah, that was a problem as Gnarleus who was actually recording had direct mic input were as Debug was having to use push to talk in game so there is an imbalance, we will have to see if we can get co commentators on the same input.

Goonertez said:
Yeah that was a good watch!
More please 8D
Will talk to him later and arrange another evening, anyone fancy a PC Club Event 5v5? will leave 2 slots for commentating.

Goonertez said:
More please 8D
Will talk to him later and arrange another evening, anyone fancy a PC Club Event 5v5? will leave 2 slots for commentating.
Thatd be cool, If it happens id be up for driving if i can make it [no commentator me no sir 8D]

Goonertez said:
Goonertez said:
More please 8D
Thatd be cool, If it happens id be up for driving if i can make it [no commentator me no sir 8D]
No problem all welcome, doesn't have to be a club race it can be a bunch of singles as long as we race clean.

Anyone interested hit me up http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999547006/

nice job .... you should have mentioned "deep thoughts " red impact rating in the beginning of race 3 

" red impact rating you might want to stay away from him "  LOL

To be honest we are all usually white but I turned off damage to allow a bit of bump and grind, there was a bit more in that one than usual lol. 

As said was still fun and we had a laugh.