Sign in to follow this  

Alternate Assists OFF online lobby

This sure happens to all those who play games like Forza. When you enter those horrible public online lobbies that allow you whether to use assist or not. Then the race starts and of course you notice almost every one is using traction control, stability. ABS, etc.

That is the point of this thread. To encourage grid autosport devs to add, not only dedicated server support (critical for a good online experience), but also an alternate public lobby that forces everyone to play with assists off, not just one classic public room that allows you to play the way you want

Public lobbies will be user defined, you could run with no assists while someone else can run with assists. Forcing users to run with no assists wouldn't be fair on those that don't want to, or are new to the game etc

In a custom lobby the host has the ability to set what assists are available so if you want all assists off then that's great, you can do just that.

it sounds ok this Loore.....i will prefer costum lobbies then...But public lobby do you mean the playlist (matchmaking)??

it sounds ok this Loore.....i will prefer costum lobbies then...But public lobby do you mean the playlist (matchmaking)??
Yes :)

A hardcore lobby with all assists off and bonnet/dash/helmet cameras only would earn Codies all my 5/5 R's.
It would be about banning Traction control, stability, ABS and racing line mostly, not automatic gears and outside cams.

In GRID assists made you faster, so most people used them. In Forza they make you slower so you are rewarded for racing with assists off.

In GRID assists made you faster, so most people used them. In Forza they make you slower so you are rewarded for racing with assists off.
You should be faster without assists than with them in Autosport.

cool i like this ! and Loore tell me about controller settings !
I speak about linerites , dead zones levels etc....We missed these settings so much in Grid 2...
You must add them in Grid autosport!
^:)^

Loore said:

Double cool.

Loore said:
i very much doubt it loore,in grid without assists was alot slowe lap times,not that i took part in those races because for me the fun of grid was tearing round the track as fast as possible...assists off just dumbed it down ..it never ever felt like a sim

ml66ok said:
Loore said:
i very much doubt it loore,in grid without assists was alot slowe lap times,not that i took part in those races because for me the fun of grid was tearing round the track as fast as possible...assists off just dumbed it down ..it never ever felt like a sim
We're faster in the office without them. We've still got balancing and various tweaking to do but it should not be the case where a driver that's being assisted around the track if faster than one who isn't.

when can we see some in depth gameplay with someone using a wheel who can drive
:-S im getting more curious by the day about this new handling model

ml66ok said:
Week or so time :)

Loore said:
ml66ok said:
Week or so time :)
Good, I can't wait to find out which definitive handling model was implemented for Grid Autosport.  The suspense...