Sign in to follow this  

PS4 PRO boost or no boost?

Hi all. I was just wondering if I should be on boost or not. I do not have a 4K TV/HDR. Not sure if this would make a difference. Games look to be fine now without boost (and actually boost was never checked since I have the game. Any one tried to see the difference?

Thanks

I understood that "boost mode" was only meant to work with games that were not optimized for the pro. I believe that F1 2017 is optimized for the pro so "boost mode" should not make any difference.  cheers m8 

likewise said:
I understood that "boost mode" was only meant to work with games that were not optimized for the pro. I believe that F1 2017 is optimized for the pro so "boost mode" should not make any difference.  cheers m8 
This is my understanding aswell.

Or to be more precise; boost only works for games that do not have native Pro implementation, which F1 2017 has. Optimization is another thing and with the terrible screen tearing and frame rate drops in mind one could say while still being implemented for pro it has not been optimized for it, at all to be brutally honest...