Sign in to follow this  

New gameplay footage: Night Time Bahrain 25% Race 14 Laps

It's the Steam Early Access version. That's why it says "Work in Progress". But of course it is finished already.

I’d guess the “Work in Progress” text stays there until the gold master build, which probably only happened in the past couple of weeks even though the game would have been feature complete a while ago. So I’d be fairly sure what we're seeing here is essentially the final game, bar any showstopper bugs they found and fixed in the meantime.

It's a bit embarrassing that none of these people can drive without the racing line and traction control. In particular I don't think we get a feel for the handling with the latter on. The AI looks as dumb and slow as ever. Not excited.

TomskiPl said:
Nice, but start of the race should be during day,

You're thinking of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain started at night this year like Singapore. Also since it's a 25% race there wouldn't be a day-to-night transition.

TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:

You're thinking of Abu Dhabi, Bahrain started at night this year like Singapore. Also since it's a 25% race there wouldn't be a day-to-night transition.
No, i know what i mean. Look
Sorry for low res

The game actually looks pretty cool, I didn't expect a major overhaul from last years, but CM added these little features to this years game (Ex. Sensitive tire heat and engine temps) which are pretty awesome, although the AI still seem sub par. I think the handling will be pretty good but this player has traction control on so I guess we should wait before we judge that.

Wow, RBR 3rd and 4th (could have been 1st and 3rd) on a Mercedes track..... Why am I not surprised. Rosberg should have been able to pass Vettel in the first few laps with the help of DRS and he should have won easily after that. #Realism 

Edit:

Not to mention this guy isnt driving perfect, he barely plays F1 games, its his first few laps at Bahrain but he is still faster than Expert AI. What was the gap between Expert and Legend AI in F1 2013? 2 seconds? 

TomskiPl said:
TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:

Sorry for low res

Sorry my bad, I just remember the race from the official race edit and it seemed like it was night there during the start. Apparently my memory is starting to fall to pieces.

But it is interesting that the 25% race is at night. I wonder if the same applies to Abu Dhabi as well. Last three games it wasn't night in the 25% races.

TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:
TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:

Sorry for low res

Sorry my bad, I just remember the race from the official race edit and it seemed like it was night there during the start. Apparently my memory is starting to fall to pieces.

But it is interesting that the 25% race is at night. I wonder if the same applies to Abu Dhabi as well. Last three games it wasn't night in the 25% races.
Abu Dhabi will probably be left as is.  Bahrain was classified as a night race like Singapore which was why I think it was done this way. Abu Dhabi is classified as a day/night race or twilight race as you might call it in that it takes place part  in day and part at night

No escalated tyre wear again?, also, f12013 handling all the way

Just bring F12012 pre-patch handling back again CM. It was the greatest obviously. Car seems to be glued to the track ala 2013, and It feels so abrupt the moment the wheel returns to neutral position. This was also a bad thing about F12013 handling.

No day/night transition?  That's the final straw.  Looks like the Dev. and marketing teams skipped this year's game.  So shall I.  Charging £30 for this is criminal.  Somebody call trading standards.  Should be made available to people who bought last year's game (I've bought all the games up 'til now) as DLC for £15, max.

TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:
TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:

Sorry for low res

Abu Dhabi will probably be left as is.  Bahrain was classified as a night race like Singapore which was why I think it was done this way. Abu Dhabi is classified as a day/night race or twilight race as you might call it in that it takes place part  in day and part at night
i think codemasters are implementing a day/night transition in Bahrain, because i don't think they would have shown these images in the first trailer if theyre not going to:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByrJrVzCIAAYXiX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByrJreyCQAAKLsz.jpg

Anyone else notice in the video at about 7:35 of the video vettels rear red light flashes, which in real life means that the car/driver is harvesting energy, and its not over done in the game where it would be all cars doing it at the same time which is realistic

No day/night transition?  That's the final straw.  Looks like the Dev. and marketing teams skipped this year's game.  So shall I.  Charging £30 for this is criminal.  Somebody call trading standards.  Should be made available to people who bought last year's game (I've bought all the games up 'til now) as DLC for £15, max.
 I assume the transition is only during 100% races. It's never been in the 25% races in the past either.

So on f1 2013 on expert the times were slower by a good few seconds atleast than real lap times. Yet on this game on expert 4 drivers bet the fastest lap from this year on the same difficulty. Have they lowered the difficulty or just not took enough grip off the cars.

TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:
TL77 said:
TomskiPl said:

Sorry for low res

i think codemasters are implementing a day/night transition in Bahrain, because i don't think they would have shown these images in the first trailer if theyre not going to:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByrJrVzCIAAYXiX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByrJreyCQAAKLsz.jpg
that's cool if that's the case but all I've seen is the races and shots with the lights on with a more Singapore type look but with Abu Dhabi style lights I've not got my hopes up about it but I guess we'll see when the game comes out. I never a judge a game fully before playing anyway. I'll still wait for the price to drop before buying though as I do have other irons in the fire that I want to take care of first

The Wheels are not correctly because this is not the Mercedes wheel....

This is the Reallife Wheel from the Mercedes... And
Are the steering wheels have all finished or are still the orginal into play because the Lotus steering wheel is not really true because they have the model of 2013 still.
Sorry for my Bad English