Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport confirmed cars/tracks/features

Gemballa is an actual car manufacturer that manufacture custom cars based on Porsche platforms, similar to Ruf. They arent fake cars to begin with.

The reason why Codemaster isnt featuring Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche is due to licensing issues. Ferrari's license is either very expensive or lock to only Microsoft's platform. Lamborghini is known to have very expensive licensing that cost upwards of a million dollars, that might could be used to develop other parts of the game or bring other manufacturers. Porsche is mainly tied to EA since 10 years ago and other developers do no have access to that license these days.

Licensing isnt as easy as you think, it is a pretty damn complicated, fairly expensive or even a pain to get them. Even subbrands like Subaru's STi branding or Mercedes Benz's AMG branding needs to be licensed or even approved before a game developer can use them in a game. At the same time, some manufacturers also have many restrictions like they do not allow custom liveries on some cars or have limitation on how you ultilise their brands. For example, Audi's prestigious motorsports division, Audi Ultra who develop Audi race cars has a no custom livery policy that games cannot offer options for users to create custom liveries while a similar german brand like BMW does not have that restriction. Not to mention, licensing approvals can take a long time to get it done before you can start modelling the car in your game, that can be partly why Codemaster isnt revealing the full endurance car list as the licensing isnt finalised yet. I heard some manufacturers only approve their brands to be used in a game after a game gone gold. Car licensing is a mine field, IMO, which is not something that is easy to deal with.

Considering Autosports could obtain V8 Supercars, I think thats quite an achievement as Holden is also known to be quite pricey to license them in a game.

Back in the 90s, car manufacturers used to give out their license for free as they thought it was a good idea for other companies like game developers or merchandise manufacturer to advertise their cars. However, knowing how profitable is manufacturer licensing, car manufacturer started to charge companies to use their licenses which resulted what we have today. If I am not wrong, Ford bring in a couple of billion in revenue each year from car licensing in games to various merchandise such as model cars, polo Ts and cups. Its a profitable industry so they also want to make some money from it. On top of that, you get companies like EA and Microsoft signing exclusivity licensing that makes things even more complicated.

Source: I am a Project CARS backer. We go through similar issues daily.

Personally i have not any problem if they add brands like Ferrari , Lamborghini , and Porche unlicenced in GAS..   B-)
That sound was awesome and i liked thé story part. Rather prefer to see cars that are not that common in games. I find all those super/hyper cars rather dull and boring

Looks like we'll find out the Endurance full car list tomoro

https://twitter.com/gridgame/status/469565917291364352

Yeah that looking promising! I'm pretty interested to see what they've got, and I've got high expectations now because of the touring list! Unfortunately I have an exam tomorrow :(

Yeah that looking promising! I'm pretty interested to see what they've got, and I've got high expectations now because of the touring list! Unfortunately I have an exam tomorrow :(
I only have 1 lesson, heh. This is prolly the class I'm most interested in, regarding cars. Should be good.

I dunno, you put out one little tweet :P
If it's the morning you'll be fine :)

Fortunately it's my uni's May ball tomorrow evening, so that should help me get through it!

If it is as good as the touring line up, I'm going to struggle to put this game down!

Edit: Yep, morning exam on general agriculture! Trying to cram some last minute knowledge on Bovine TB!

Fortunately it's my uni's May ball tomorrow evening, so that should help me get through it!

If it is as good as the touring line up, I'm going to struggle to put this game down!

Edit: Yep, morning exam on general agriculture! Trying to cram some last minute knowledge on Bovine TB!

If you're out of it by the early afternoon you should be fine. Good luck in the exam :)

ok guys sory i did not know about gemballa is official brand  8-|   ...i thought they were fake as i could not see PORSCHE , FERRARI AND LAMBORGHINI  in TOCA 3....anyway no problem about licence i would like to see them in game... 8-> 

Loore said:

If you're out of it by the early afternoon you should be fine. Good luck in the exam :)
Thanks, it went no where near as badly as I was expecting! Bring on this Endurance list :D

• AUDI R8 LMS Ultra
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
  • Aston Martin N24 V12 Zagato
  • McLaren 12C GT3
  • Nissan 2008 (R35) GT-R Nismo GT500
  • Honda HSV-010 GT
  • Lola B12/80
  • Shelby Cobra “Daytona” Coupe
  • Ford GT40 MK1
  • Mazda 787B

OP Updated!

You can also see the Circuit of the Americas in the USA in the Endurance trailer. Sweeeet!

What's that track shown complete in the end? Looks semi public road to me

Not sure what the daytime/Autumnal track in the Endurance trailer is, am thinking Road America, Road Atlanta or somewhere rural-America ish... any ideas?

It's Circuit Mont-Tremblant.
[Edit] Forget about this, didn't see it. I don't think it's Road America though. Looks like Japan to me, as the road sign is on the left.

Is there any confirmation that the circuit of the americas has the different layouts? If anyone watches v8 supercars they will know what layout im talking about

Wilkinson said:
Is there any confirmation that the circuit of the americas has the different layouts? If anyone watches v8 supercars they ill know what layout im talking about
We have a few layouts, pretty sure that is one of them.

Track at 1:38 (Endurance Focus Trailer) is Okutama. Here are screenshots from trailer and GRID 2.

Wilkinson said:
Is there any confirmation that the circuit of the americas has the different layouts? If anyone watches v8 supercars they will know what layout im talking about
We've got 4-5 different routes around CotA

I hope it's the same Okutama as G1, the layout in G2 wasn't as good. It looks like the kink section just after the bridge before going up the hill

Codies already said there won't be open road races this time, so it should be the track from Grid 1.

Oscar97 said:
Codies already said there won't be open road races this time, so it should be the track from Grid 1.
It's possible they could have reworked it to a lap-by-lap route. My understanding is they said there is no point-to-point racing, nothing about open roads.