Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport confirmed cars/tracks/features

There is no official license so there could be a few différences?!? Bring on those tourers! :D

P308R said:
There is no official license so there could be a few différences?!? Bring on those tourers! :D
Or how about 1 super big touring class, with all of them at once?!!?! Oooh, that would be amazing.

As happy i am to see a prospect of a game with many tourers, also i am a bit scared of having many classes to choose from. Many separate car classes, upgrades and tunning can divide and fragment online again.

Ok, so we potentially have 4 of the 5 touring car classes. What do you reckon the 'cup competitions' could be? Something like a clio cup maybe?

* Clio Cup?
* Ginetta Junior / Pro ?
* Porsche Cup ?

Really hope that V8 Camaro will make an appearance as well.

1. WTCC -> Super 2000 2.0l
2. BTCC -> NGT 1.6l Turbo
3. Euro V8 -> V8 4l upto 6.2l
4. DTM -> V8 4l
5. ? BTCS -> V6  3.5l

The fifth can be based on the BTCS 
* Volvo S60 - Grid 2

As happy i am to see a prospect of a game with many tourers, also i am a bit scared of having many classes to choose from. Many separate car classes, upgrades and tunning can divide and fragment online again.
Im in total agreement with you here doode.
Really happy witht he tourer focus....not so happy with the potential for class/user splitting

If i do get this game, I certainly hope that this dosent mean the likes of you and I rarely get to race each other due to class preference.

I think that if we buy the game (and for me it is still a big if) we will be all in the same custom session gooner.
It has always been like that from grid thru dirt2 and dirt3 and prob will be so with this game aswell.   
And you dont have to worry about setups nor flashbacks then as the host can turn it all of.    :D

yeah i would like Clio cup ....It was one of my favorites classes in Toca 3 online..
I prefer slower cars and not too fast...

Yes Assiemodis8-X , all we will play in custom races with coll on , full damage , 3-5 rounds ,no flashbaks etc.... \m/

+1, +1

TBH, I hope that as many as possible users will choose some particular smaller touring series and master it so we could have great close racing. 

@ Loore

We have series and classes now. 5 series, but how many classes in total?

BTCC and WTCC cars are in the same tier I think.
http://media.xboxlive.fr/galeries/3849/007.jpg

I'm not an expert on touring cars, more of a rally fan (surprisingly), are the WTCC and BTCC pretty similar in specification?

btcc used to run the s2000 spec just as WTCC. The cars shown from WTCC are s2000 except for the Cruze, that's a WTCC NGT. The ones from btcc are asumably NGT. 2.0liter n/a versus 1.6 turbo. The ngt already proofed to be faster. In gas it will probably be equaled out. I think you are right about being in the same tier. Videoproof is there. Maybe the 5th one will then be classic touringcars? BTW: BMW 320 - S2000 CRUZE - NGT CIVIC - NGT FOCUS - NGT To be honest I think we will see thé following car as well: Volvo C30 WTCC - S2000 - GRID 1 Aaaahhh formatting doesn't work while editing on phone....

Yeah, G2 kin of had classic tourers with the old Merc and BMW, would be quite cool to see some TOCA2 era tourers as well!

wait wait wait... how is NOT having weather effects a feature??

Ugh, that shit better be in GRID3..

I put it in there just because people were constantly asking around the forums if it has weather, same with pit stops.

I shall add the new Mercedes to the list as well

Grid was Never about pit stops and weather, nor was it about practice and qualifying etc.

Yes the position on the grid was decided by who pressed ready fastest but that was beside the point, it was about the RACING not the bells and whistles.

I played Assetto last night 20 minute practice with a 10 minute qualifying session for a 5 lap race?

As for weather effects keep that for F1

Grid was all about a level playing field, pick a race and go race it no one with an advantage all cars the same setup so it was all about player skill and not what they knew about car handling physics.

Assists on or off is enough and can be decided by the host qualifying at least in GAS is 3 laps maximum, unlike Assetto where it's the hosts choice. Same with car setups just the same as say Dirt 3 with 5 categories to adjust, anything more is a waste of time (in anything but a pure sim racer).

Point is, why would I want to spend hours setting up the car etc just for a 10-15 minute race?

I want to be on the track RACING with my friends. not farting about with the car.

As for weather effects keep that for F1

Grid was all about a level playing field, pick a race and go race it no one with an advantage all cars the same setup so it was all about player skill and not what they knew about car handling physics.
  • Car tuning and performance upgrading

Well so much for that seeing as Car tuning and performance upgrading is listed as a feature.. i really don't see how weather would have made anymore of a difference.

And i don't even care about people getting advantages or it changing how it plays. It could completely ignore changes to handling for all i care, it's about variety. It's a perfect way to change things up so you aren't always racing on sunny Yas Marina or night Yas Marina. You could have rainy Yas Marina, Cloudy Yas Marina, windy Yas Marina and any combination of the aforementioned.

Can't help but feel there won't be any other times of day other than midday or night either. Maybe some will be morning/evening but most likely specified per track.

Will have to wait and see(not too long thankfully, yay) and pray that i'm wrong.