Sign in to follow this  

GRID Autosport confirmed cars/tracks/features

Speedball said:
@Loore @justbiglee @Britpoint can you confirm those cars?
I suspect all three of those screenshots are from Grid 2. My reasoning:
  • WSR logo visible in the first 2 pictures.
  • HUD font is different in the first 2 pictures from known screenshots of Grid: Autosport
  • The logo on the hood of the SC10 is one of the clubs from Grid 2 (EDIT: "The New Union", from season 1 of career).
  • The first screenshot is on the Abu Dhabi streets, which would be an as of yet unconfirmed track (but a welcome addition?) (EDIT: That's flimsy, I know, but the other reasons stand on their own).
This is where i got the pictures from here

Speedball said:
  • HUD font is different in the first 2 pictures from known screenshots of Grid: Autosport
  • The logo on the hood of the SC10 is one of the clubs from Grid 2 (EDIT: "The New Union", from season 1 of career).
  • The first screenshot is on the Abu Dhabi streets, which would be an as of yet unconfirmed track (but a welcome addition?) (EDIT: That's flimsy, I know, but the other reasons stand on their own).
Whoever put that together appears severely misinformed. Most of those were Grid 2 shots, and he says that the developers wouldn't confirm demo derby even though they've stated several times that it's in.

Speedball said:
Whoever put that together appears severely misinformed. Most of those were Grid 2 shots, and he says that the developers wouldn't confirm demo derby even though they've stated several times that it's in.
Not sure why they would have Autosport and Grid 2 shots mixed in together, hopefully some of these cars are in the new game.

That screenshot above has a circuit logo in it as well.

I think it's from Circuit Mont-Tremblant: http://www.lecircuit.com/
You're right! Awesome track
:D

Hopefully Algarve, Detroit, Donington Park, Istanbul Park, Long Beach & Zandvoort will be in the game too

GP3 cars confirmed or reading too much into it? http://instagram.com/p/oQ6oI7R_9L/#

Niederhauser is a GP3 driver for anyone that doens't know.

Edit - Will Buller races in Formula Renault 3.5 as well so maybe another car to add to the list? Or both just helped with single seaters in general? Will raced F3 last year though so maybe he had something to do with the F3 cars like Matt Neal/Andrew Jordan did Touring Cars

wicken said:
Nissan 240SX Drift car confirmed.
wow dude nice video...drift looks similar to Grid's 1 drift... =D>    =P~  
the only i am anxious about is that it seems to be too easy to drift in the limites and hard to lose control of car considering that the guy that plays has set all assist off as it is shown in video...  :-? 
Ok we all know GAS is not a pure sim , but i like to be a bit hard to keep car on the road with all assist off  as it was in Grid 1 , this is not relative if it is sim or not , this is relative to the game's difficulty..
Ok it may be the skills of this guy , may be that this car has very good handling and its easy to drift... :-??

LOL you've seen my vids of G1 drifting with assists off, It looks easy but learning to do it wasn't. 

The differences between assists on and off were a lot to cope with initially but once you get used to it you realise you have far more control of speed and angle of drift with just the throttle alone, if my memory serves me correctly I was normally between 70-90% throttle during most drifts.

It also meant you could drift at slightly slower speeds without losing the drift score.

When I got the wheel it took almost a month before I was back to the levels of control I had with the controller, Fully expecting drift in GAS to be challenging to play and an effort to truly master....

Easy to drift, yes. Easy to drift really well? No. These things (and I mean the real life cars as well here) are specifically set up to drift. :) They'll throw themselves sideways with very little provocation. The challenge doesn't come from going sideways, it comes from going sideways at high speed within an inch of the marker. It comes from direction changes and keeping it smooth through the very slow and tight corners. The precision involved is where the difficulty lies, rather than the sliding itself.

And hey, if you want an ultra-realistic challenge, just set up a wheel to 900 degrees. We managed to break two Fanatecs in a day with that ^_^

Whenever I try to drift in GRID the thought hovers uncalled in the middle of my head that I'm trying to control chaos.  Doesn't usually work, but I love having unmet challenges in a game.

Frank

LOL you've seen my vids of G1 drifting with assists off, It looks easy but learning to do it wasn't. 

The differences between assists on and off were a lot to cope with initially but once you get used to it you realise you have far more control of speed and angle of drift with just the throttle alone, if my memory serves me correctly I was normally between 70-90% throttle during most drifts.

It also meant you could drift at slightly slower speeds without losing the drift score.

When I got the wheel it took almost a month before I was back to the levels of control I had with the controller, Fully expecting drift in GAS to be challenging to play and an effort to truly master....

ok watching again and again this video i have to agree with you....it is easy to drift but hard to do the prefect drift ....you have to play game much time to do that... <:-P
something else i noticed in video and i did not like it... the letters in options are dark again like Grid 2...i can not see the letters well like that..:-B       
It would be better all letter to be intense white and the highlighted option to be yellow for example.. [-(  L-)

hi everybody! i have great expectations for this game but from what i can see now the number of cars isn't enough yet, so please i give you codemasters a suggestion to make of this game the most beloved ever!!! i would see these cars: from Wtcc 2014 Lada Granta;Citroen C-Elysee;Seat Leon. from Btcc Proton;Toyota Avensis; Vauxhall Insigna. from Endurance Ford focus marc gtc and Ferrari458 gt3. from belgian/scandinavian tc Volvo s60; Dacia Logan; Saab 9-3;Renault Megane; HOnda Civic Yuasa; Kia pro_cee'd and Kia Optima from Aus v8 tc Nissan Altima; Volvo and mercedes. from Argentinean/brazilian STC2000 FIAT LINEA; Toyota Corolla. from Euro v8 Maserati;Jaguar xfs;Cadillac cts-v; Chevrolet Lumina; Chrysler; Lexus ISF and from Classic/retrò touring Alfaromeo 155;156 and 1998 btcc with volvo s40;nissan primera;Vauxhall vectra; audi a4;ford mondeo....and i didn't mention Japan stc;gt1-gt2-gt3 ;endurance and DTM but it is well known! so there are plenty of cars to choose, please let's make an effort to make a game complete and with a huge selection of cars! some of them they could be future dlc for example! one last thing why still no weather effects?and V8 UTE cars were them necessary??i never seen such ugly cars

The list isn't complete yet (except for the touring car section). I highly doubt we will see any Ferraris as the license is held up elsewhere

Their loss imo....

The list isn't complete yet (except for the touring car section). I highly doubt we will see any Ferraris as the license is held up elsewhere
but we can see ferraris , porche and lamoborghini as unlicensed ....does anybody remember this class in Toca 3 with prosche to be called gemballa or so , and same similar fake names for ferrari , lamborghini?

Personally i have not any problem if they add brands like Ferrari , Lamborghini , and Porche unlicenced in GAS..   B-)

Especially Lamborghini, as the Murci is such a big deal in GRID (2008).  Can't buy a Porsche in GRID, but it is available in some of the Driver Offers driving for other teams.  That leaves Ferrari.  I don't miss them, but would like to see the other two in GRID A if it's at all feasible.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

Gemballa isn't a fake name, it's a tuning company. Their licenses are way cheaper and not exclusive to somebody, so they are easier to add to a game.

There are mostly RUF cars instead of Porsches, too.