F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 Japanese Grand Prix

VetteIfan said:
It'll be an iPlayer race for me anyway. No chance I'm getting up at 7am or earlier on a Sunday :p
Why get up when you can stay up. Go out on Saturday night and when you get back just wait for the race to start. Problem solved. It has some flaws, but that's my plan :p
I did that last year with Melbourne when they moved Q3 to Sunday 3 am or something. Vettel getting pole by some tenths woke me up till the rest of the day.

Austin, Montreal and Sao Paulo are all at 3am for me. Most European races are at 10-11pm. These are the only races that I enjoy. Just give me this one.

mike96 said:
It'll be an iPlayer race for me anyway. No chance I'm getting up at 7am or earlier on a Sunday :p
Really? I love waking up early for a race.
I get up early during the week, Saturday and Sunday are my sleep until 11 to recharge the batteries days :p 

@Vettelfan I get sleepy around 1am these days, being an oldie now and all that. 3am is probably the latest I could force myself to stay awake till now :( 

I will get up early for the race, but Qualifying, probably not. Practice, I can watch that at school during a free period.

mike96 said:
I get up early during the week, Saturday and Sunday are my sleep until 11 to recharge the batteries days :p 

@Vettelfan I get sleepy around 1am these days, being an oldie now and all that. 3am is probably the latest I could force myself to stay awake till now :( 
Ah, sorry 80-years old mate, I forgot :pensive: 

mike96 said:

I know what you mean, i'm already sleepy come midnight lol

Not home, else I would get up. Gonna sign up for sky go hopefully so I can watch while I'm at Uni for things like those (though I hope Russia, USA, Brazil, and Abu Double or on TV in the college anyway, better safe than sorry...)

fIsince08 said:
Could they run the race on Saturday? Surely they could squeeze FP3 into Friday?
Τhat's the latest rumor regarding the race start.. But they still said it's going to rain on Saturday, right? I think they said both Qualifying and Race will be affected from heavy rain.

mike96 said:
fIsince08 said:
Could they run the race on Saturday? Surely they could squeeze FP3 into Friday?
Τhat's the latest rumor regarding the race start.. But they still said it's going to rain on Saturday, right? I think they said both Qualifying and Race will be affected from heavy rain.

No, dry Saturday but wet Friday and Sunday.

yeah I always sky plus the early morning ones too now I don't normally get up for them back before we had the Sky Box I used to watch the mid day re run but with the sky box I just set it too record and watch it while eating my breakfast.

Solid FP1 this morning from Max Verstappen. Just 4 tenths away from Kvyat and went on to say in a post session interview he was "nowhere near" the limit. Not to say Kvyat was, but I'd still call that a successful debut. 

I'm getting up for FP3 :p
And if the race is very early due to the typhoon, I'll consider no sleep at all :D

F1 times has the race to start in 5 hours? can anyone confirm if the FOM has changed the time?
The race will start at the original time (in 15 hours)

mike96 said:
F1 times has the race to start in 5 hours? can anyone confirm if the FOM has changed the time?
Whens the Typhoon meant to hit?

mike96 said:
Possibly on Monday. Forecasts say 100% wet race though. 

mike96 said:
mike96 said:
Possibly on Monday. Forecasts say 100% wet race though. 
Ok thought they said around race start?