Jump to content Jump to content

First play, a proper driver, no assists. F1 2014.

Most likely. I didn't give it much of a listen because I couldn't hear the engine but it didn't show any signs of wheelspin visually when it happened. The wheels had traction, thus the gear should be keeping the revs down. At one point I'm sure I saw him go from 4th to 6th with all the LEDs on. Just interested and maybe a bit worried, too.
There looks to be a massive, massive gulf between traction control on and off. 

To be honest this video is what I feared - looks like they've just slapped 2013 with a low grip modification rather than being faithful to how the cars actually handle this year.  

In this video the car is oversteering, it almost looks like driving a boat. In reality these cars are actually understeering a lot. Wheelspin I don't mind, but the oversteer is a worry.  

To be honest this video is what I feared - looks like they've just slapped 2013 with a low grip modification rather than being faithful to how the cars actually handle this year.  

In this video the car is oversteering, it almost looks like driving a boat. In reality these cars are actually understeering a lot. Wheelspin I don't mind, but the oversteer is a worry.  
The car does understeer, Alan said so himself. The oversteer is obviously a result of the immense torque from the powertrain. The understeer a result of the lower downforce, which makes the fronts grip less and slide away. 

After watching some onboard video, I think that the handling could prove to be quite fun and challenging. Maybe even close to the real deal.

The car does understeer, Alan said so himself. The oversteer is obviously a result of the immense torque from the powertrain. The understeer a result of the lower downforce, which makes the fronts grip less and slide away. 

After watching some onboard video, I think that the handling could prove to be quite fun and challenging. Maybe even close to the real deal.

He's getting serious oversteer at times at high speed in Sochi, to the point of cutting across high speed corners. That's not realistic in the slightest. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5A2giP4dqQ&list=UUEvr879Hns1Ccb_gVaV7-5w

Good stuff me thinks!!! :)
realistic engine power, the Renault powered red bull's slipstream in behind the Mercedes down the front straight didn't amount to anything, typical Renault.
Yes good spot!! Also in Alan's first video with the Merc at Suzuka despite not changing gears very well he still stays in contact with the Red Bull ahead....... 

The things that look abit of a worry for me atm are that vettel has won on 3 vids ive seen so looks like the car performance isnt where it should be for 2014 cars? The other thing ive noticed is that alan's vids are no tcs runs and he seems all over the place getting on the power :) but there are several other vids that have tcs on and the car is glued to the road so I just hope the assists users dont gain a huge advantage this year as that would really make online races and the TT leaderboars pointless imo! Other than that it does seem like it could be a fun game to play. Cant wait for alan's vids when he's back as cant tell much from 3 lap races tbh and he hasnt given a huge amount of details yet about the gameplay. 1 other thing that stands out also is the AI seem really slow again this year :( he hasnt had much play time yet can keep up with legend AI on a track he's driven once.

vtidixon said:

The things that look abit of a worry for me atm are that vettel has won on 3 vids ive seen so looks like the car performance isnt where it should be for 2014 cars? The other thing ive noticed is that alan's vids are no tcs runs and he seems all over the place getting on the power :) but there are several other vids that have tcs on and the car is glued to the road so I just hope the assists users dont gain a huge advantage this year as that would really make online races and the TT leaderboars pointless imo! Other than that it does seem like it could be a fun game to play. Cant wait for alan's vids when he's back as cant tell much from 3 lap races tbh and he hasnt given a huge amount of details yet about the gameplay. 1 other thing that stands out also is the AI seem really slow again this year :( he hasnt had much play time yet can keep up with legend AI on a track he's driven once.

Sure mate but i think because they are only 3 lap races whichever car is first through the first corner wins, as no strategy can play out with DRS, pit stops etc. I think Alan was playing on expert difficulty, not legend, so hopefully the AI will be tough than then seem in the videos so far. They brake nice and late at the first corner though!! :)
OK cool! hope he is only on expert as that did seem quite slow AI tbh. I get what your saying about vettel but just been watching bit of the hour play through in the 2 questions thread and he won a race there also :( Hopefully alan and others will start posting long in depth vids now over the coming days to give us all a better idea of what 14 has to offer. Although I still have my doubts about 14 there are defo a few things that get me exited now :)