Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

@justbiglee Can you do a Rally car sound video like you did with the next Circuit racing game?
Not sure I follow you, which video do you mean?

@justbiglee Can you do a Rally car sound video like you did with the next Circuit racing game?
I think he means like the preview video you did for GRID Autosport, the sounds of the cars, but for the rally game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmH9bldhmE

1. Take back CMR rally mode: stages with repairing time.
2. Take back CMR damage system: for example broken springs or engine overheating.

Here are two main problems of modern DIRT.

Handling is cool in DIRT anyway. I like it.  
So you don't like it when a car gets damage?
Why do you think so? I didn't say that

I think he means like the preview video you did for GRID Autosport, the sounds of the cars, but for the rally game.

Ohhh I got you now... Well we could... but I'd want to try beat them and make something more awesome, which I already have a idea for ;)

Yes this is what i mean :)

2. Take back CMR damage system: for example broken springs or engine overheating.

You said here are the 2 problems with the game, Repair time and damage.

Am I the only one that believes that the title "CMR 6" sounds better than "DiRT 4"? It does not have to have "Colin Mcrae Rally" in the title to pay respect to the old game.

TDDB said:
Am I the only one that believes that the title "CMR 6" sounds better than "DiRT 4"? It does not have to have "Colin Mcrae Rally" in the title to pay respect to the old game.
No one knows what the title is going to be called we will have to wait and see ;)

I agree with the most part of whats being said.
I have bought every Dirt game Released and i play Dirt 3 regularly.

Dirt 1 had the stages for me and had the most rally based events.The GB stages were probably the most lifelike at that time but car selection was lacking slightly and the handling let it down but not by much. The stages in dirt 3 are fantastic and incredibly life like but there not enough of them and i dont like rehashs of stages with different junctions. i really hate the WRC game series for this. Monte stages are a Pure Gem but again needs to be more of them and not the same stage shortened or changed by a junction or ran in reverse.

My personal Wishlist
Longer stages. Maybe Retexture some of what you already have. like the GB, Germany, Australian stages of past. Use the stages from dirt 3 but increase them and put more variety.

Proper Rally mode. More simulation like but not purely a sim.

RallyCross. Bring back some of the tracks from dirt 2 rallycross. larger number of cars in multiplayer.

Drop Gymkhana and anything from showdown. it has its own game. not all of it is necessary in The nxt game

Rally Cars
Include current Gen of Cars. DS3 WRC and rallycross, Polo WRC rally and rally cross. Hyundai WRC, Fiesta WRC and Rallycross R5 and S2000, Fabia S2000 and R5(still in development), Puegeot R5 and S2000, Punto S2000, Proton S2000 and any other R5 and S2000 Spec Car
R2 and R3 spec cars
Cars of Old. Love to see Impreza WRC 03 model, Focus 05 and 02 model WRC, Xsara WRC, C4 WRC. Lancer WRC. Peugeot WRC. Skoda WRC and Hyundai Accent WRC.

Really looking forward to see what you can Produce :)

I'd love to see 

Larger Rx fields.
Longer Rally stages - some narrower tree lined sections (true fast slow variety)
Propper Hillclimb
Bring back Trophy Trucks and Buggy variety, and have some propper SCORE style stuff for them like D1 had.
Any Car Any Track (some of the combos in D2 you could come up with were a blast)

Leave Cat and Mouse and Outbreak, the party modes are a fun diversion after a bunch of racing. (Add choice of vehicle type and allow them on any suitable track)

Most of all.

I WANT TO SEE IT ACTUALY COME OUT!

TDDB said:
They can call it DiRT Autosport for all I care, just release something. 

Tark9m said:
TDDB said:
They can call it DiRT Autosport for all I care, just release something. 
We won't hear anything until 2015 now because of the announcement of Grid Autosport.

... don't be so sure.
@justbiglee Wouldn't be great if you had two announcements on the same day ;)
No it would be a bloody nightmare :P

As much as I'd of loved to it wouldn't really be fair to either game, both deserve their day in the sun.

... don't be so sure.

As much as I'd of loved to it wouldn't really be fair to either game, both deserve their day in the sun.
And when is the day of "next" DiRT game? :P

Azoresst said:
... don't be so sure.

Nice try ;)

Azoresst said:
... don't be so sure.

Nice try ;)
Oh... :(

couger1981 said:
lastbreath said:
couger1981 said:
lastbreath said:

You said here are the 2 problems with the game, Repair time and damage.
I mean they should add mechanical damage, not only visual

My Dirt 4 Wishlist

#1 Codemasters, do whatever you want.

#2 The liveroutes system from Grid 2.

#3 Give me the option to purchase EVERY CAR AND EVERY TRACK FROM DIRT 1, 2, & 3 to be available in Dirt 4. You could have easily gotten me to spend $150+ on DLC for Dirt 3 if you had offered the right content as DLC.

If you're not sure which old cars and old tracks to make DLC for ahead of time, just ask the community to pre-purchase & kick-start the development work for the content we are willing to pay the most for up front. I'd have gladly paid $5 each to get all the Battersea RallyX tracks into Dirt 3!

I wish more game devs would think of their games as long term software projects instead of just one-off games. Imagine how Photoshop users would feel if every few years Adobe updated Photoshop with a new UI for no good reason and lots of new features while dropping the majority of old features. If I had the money I'd buy the Dirt franchise and turn it into something more along the lines of iRacing.