DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

Codemasters should bring the historic rallys back, put the circuit of ireland and the donegal stages into the next game, they should call it ( dirt rally legends ) have a list of rallying greatests drivers , for each driver have a list of rally cars they driving past the years between them, it be amassing if codemasters could do this.:)
im from donegal theres some great roads around here that would make fantastic stages

Don't use a different name for the same track. 

Don't call it Crocodile Point and Herring Bay if it's just the reverse of Crocodile Point.

Crocodile Point  
&
Crocodile Point Reverse

Simple. 

The community should be able to get together in the forums and democratically decide that a world record time was probably or obviously a cheate. Then you should remove that time from the records and ban that person from being able to upload any more times for that track+car combination.

I would not have a problem if gymkhana cars and tricksteer were kept as a practice option. You could even have a independent section for it in the career. 

But more importantly I did enjoy the free roam around the powerplant. You should bring it back for all the people who loved that location. I would also like to se 3 or 4 other free roam locations. Preferably one with a lot more dirt and another with a lot more tarmac and a final one that is overall much larger and really out in the wilderness.

Maybe a free-roam of Malaysia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrOa9fwEK4

A free-roam of Morocco 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R17-8zl4ukY

and of Norway.

Transporter multiplayer would be great on something like that.

I recently noticed that 100% force feedback was much stronger in Dirt 2 than Dirt 3. For some reason (lack of skill) I can only set a good time in Dirt 2's Croatia rally with very high force feedback, much stronger than the feel of 100% in Dirt 3. Please allow for stronger feedback than Dirt 3.

IF you're going to have random faceless voices saying things throughout the game, please let a focus group hear every line of dialog so some outsiders can tell you when something sounds horrible, forced, fake, or embarassingly CORNY.

"Yo essay, post that on YOUTUBE!"  
... post what?  the full 5 minute run? But the youtube feature only lets me capture like 30 seconds of footage. That makes no sense.

Also, every time I try to capture youtube footage in Dirt 3 it doesnt work. It seems google always things the service somewhere in Europe is a hacker breaking into my account. Could you fix that?

And in case nobody mentioned it yet, never ever ever ever EVER make a game start the way Dirt 2 did. Every time I reinstall that game and GFWL doesn't work at first I have to go through that beginning nonsense. It takes way too long and those 2 guys are not voice actors.

The good thing about longer stages I think would be it would allow for more realistic experience by letting you crash, crawl out of a pit and still maybe get 2nd or 3rd place because it would be realistic to expect all of the AI or multiplayers to also have their own small accidents. On some of the shorter tracks less than half a second separates 1st and 2nd sometimes. But on a longer track if you choose to not use any assists you could be a good 10 seconds slower than 1st place but still get second or third if you had no accidents but most of the AI did.

Add Hot Seat Mode

Off topic I know but is there any way you could just tell the community how much it would cost Codemasters to update Dirt 2 to now depend on GFWL? Based on the cost it might be possible to do a kickstarter and see how many people would be willing to donate a few bucks to help make it happen.

Off topic I know but is there any way you could just tell the community how much it would cost Codemasters to update Dirt 2 to now depend on GFWL? Based on the cost it might be possible to do a kickstarter and see how many people would be willing to donate a few bucks to help make it happen.
Might be a good idea with the kickstarter, but the problem probably is not just money, it's also people to do the work, they can't just hire a new team of developers to work on it, and the guys already there are working on other projects, so re-making Dirt 2 would take time away from those.
Lack of available devs was already said to be the reason why Dirt 3 conversion is taking so long. So it might not be as simple as just throwing more money at them, although it might help a bit.

Lantea said:
Might be a good idea with the kickstarter, but the problem probably is not just money, it's also people to do the work, they can't just hire a new team of developers to work on it, and the guys already there are working on other projects, so re-making Dirt 2 would take time away from those.
Lack of available devs was already said to be the reason why Dirt 3 conversion is taking so long. So it might not be as simple as just throwing more money at them, although it might help a bit.

I think there are also licensing issues. Thats why it was taken down from the Steam store, and thats likely why theres no point in doing the conversion if they arent allowed to even sell it anymore.

Would love for all the old Codemasters games to be converted to Steamworks, but i doubt itl ever happen.

I think there are also licensing issues. Thats why it was taken down from the Steam store, and thats likely why theres no point in doing the conversion if they arent allowed to even sell it anymore.

Would love for all the old Codemasters games to be converted to Steamworks, but i doubt itl ever happen.

That's one of the main reasons why I don't care about "authentic advertising" or "real world tracks and cars" in racing games. If the developer has to pay licensing to a company to use their logo in a billboard advertisement in the game it doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather make a completely generic game (http://maniaplanet.com/trackmania/) get it to where it's super popular and then see if anyone would pay to have their logo in the game for 10 years at a time. Nothing in the game would be built around anyone's brand, company, or personality. So if they don't renew or they go out of business all I've got to do is delete a handful of texture files and remove their name from a few text files and be done.

That's one of the main reasons why I don't care about "authentic advertising" or "real world tracks and cars" in racing games. If the developer has to pay licensing to a company to use their logo in a billboard advertisement in the game it doesn't make sense to me. I'd rather make a completely generic game (http://maniaplanet.com/trackmania/) get it to where it's super popular and then see if anyone would pay to have their logo in the game for 10 years at a time. Nothing in the game would be built around anyone's brand, company, or personality. So if they don't renew or they go out of business all I've got to do is delete a handful of texture files and remove their name from a few text files and be done.
I agree on the authentic adversising, that is not absolutely needed and Codemasters should not pay for that but rather the companies that want their logo included should pay them;
but authentic cars and race courses are absolutely neccessary in a game like Dirt or any other serious racing game that is not an arcade for kids to mess around with, but for people that enjoy an authentic racing experience.

Also what I would like to see in future Dirt is the way you could use the same car and buy a rally or trailblazer package to use it in different events; this was a nice aspect of Dirt 2.

Speaking of Dirt 2 I would love to see Rally Croatia back, that was a gorgeous looking course with the green landscape and white gravel roads.

Sorry guys for not updating the list, but this week is my home rally events!!! I hope on Saturday update it!

Maybe someone has thought about this, but wouldn't it be great if there could be such a thing as a DiRT Rally Championship mode, like the one @justbiglee is running on the forums right now. 

Let's say you'd sign up for the championship and then get stages to complete during the course of x days and then you can see your position on a board and you get new stages. 

Ideally you'd be able to set up the calendar yourself, but I'd be very happy with a curated mode, like the community challenges in Grid 2. But it would be nice if it could be kept clean of any non "time-attack" modes like crashing into Ford trucks and other stuff on the road. 

What do you guys think?

dotmartin said:
Maybe someone has thought about this, but wouldn't it be great if there could be such a thing as a DiRT Rally Championship mode, like the one @justbiglee is running on the forums right now. 

Let's say you'd sign up for the championship and then get stages to complete during the course of x days and then you can see your position on a board and you get new stages. 

Ideally you'd be able to set up the calendar yourself, but I'd be very happy with a curated mode, like the community challenges in Grid 2. But it would be nice if it could be kept clean of any non "time-attack" modes like crashing into Ford trucks and other stuff on the road. 

What do you guys think?
I would be very interested in such a mode as well.

While I think Time Trial is a perfect mode for a track based racing game (like GRID Autosport), but for a rally game I'd prefer a mode which would allow the player to complete in a rally with one try per stage.

I've tried to explain in this post: Asynchronous rallies in next DiRT game

dotmartin said:

What do you guys think?
I would be very interested in such a mode as well.

While I think Time Trial is a perfect mode for a track based racing game (like GRID Autosport), but for a rally game I'd prefer a mode which would allow the player to complete in a rally with one try per stage.

I've tried to explain in this post: Asynchronous rallies in next DiRT game
DiRT 2 had a similar competition that was run each week to see who could set the fastest lap.

MastaVonBlasta said:I would be very interested in such a mode as well.

Sounds awesome! That would force you to race clean and smart, service between stages would make it very interesting!

A key feature that should be in next Dirt, would be the ability to save full replay videos to your hard drive in avi or mp4, so you could then edit the video outside the game and post it to youtube or other video sharing site.
The implementation in Dirt 3 was rather poor with the limited length and terrible quality the videos were outputed at.
I want the video at the native resolution you play at, in my case 1080p so it looks as good in the video as when I am watching it in game.

This feature would make it a lot easier not having to bother with screen capture software, or external recording cards or devices to get a crisp video for upload.

SUGGESTIONS:
Bold=ones i think are important
-Have your own team that you manage that competes in a rally competition (this would be the campaign)
-create your own livery yourself using a editor (a proper one CM >:( ) and wheel colour editor 
-Hire drivers for your team
-you buy cars for your team and sponsors and winning rallies make you money
-Irish rallies!!, we over here in Ireland love rallying its the most popular motorsport here and our rallies are brilliant,tight roads sharp corners there isn't a single bit of flat road here xD it confuses me why this hasn't been added!  
-have a garage menu like GRID 
-Map editor (create your own maps)
-get rid of this each race your a different team thing :/ (in campaign/dirt tour)
-Online championships 
-Free maps please!!!! (CodeMasters free DLC=more people like you=more people buy your other games=more money)

@kondroid I guess what u request does really match with my ideas;
Check out my topic over here;
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/43/idea-wrc-ultimate-rallyteam-explained#latest

@ThierryNeuville @Kondroid

I have to say I like your ideas as well I had a similar post too.  If it can be done in a fun and quick way it would make a big splash for everyone (newbies to the game/sport).  There is SO much potential with a team management style of game that really doesn't seem to complicate the game as far as playability and maybe coding it.  Lets hope it will be part of DiRT4.

Kondroid said:
Free maps please!!!! (CodeMasters free DLC=more people like you=more people buy your other games=more money)

Not too sure on that logic to be honest. Why would people buy a different CM game because they got some free dlc for DiRT?

Evilsmurf said:
Give me a 15-20 min dlc stage and I'm happy to pay for each one.
I think the casual gamer would lose interest in that. You don't even do that many, if any, races that long in Grid.

I also don't like the Gymkhana at all. I don't mind that it's in there, but I do very much mind that it is mandatory. I'm at the first (of many, presumably) Gymkhana event right now and it seems I have to get 3rd place or better to advance any further in the career. This strikes me as a pretty stupid way to make a game frankly. I like racing, against opponents or the clock. I didn't sign up for this car dressage BS. Next time let me skip it please!