Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

Im half way thru the thread and I would like to mention 'open world style map'. Road network thru the woods and over hills, past pastures and fields. I would like to just drive out of the DC Compund. No time and just enjoy the graphics.

Gameplay difficulty adjustable from 'jump in and race' to 'tight them bolts on teh wheels'

I dont mind the voice in the menus. Im for the option to turn it off.

Well this could be interesting.. It looks a bit different around here. I like it. 

A lot good and solid ideas here too. some not so good but I just hope Codies  makes the right decisions on this at the end of the day. CM Mcrae rally was great in its day and even Dirt, the first one was pretty cool. Ive played them all up-to Dirt3. and although graphically there has been advances the games have slowly started to lacked that original flair across the titles. Hopefully with the new PS4 / Xbox one consoles bringing everything much closer to PC specks & architecture we could see something amazing here

I'm not going to suggest anything that has not already been said. As long as pike peak from  Dirt is there. Part asphalt part dirt. (you know what I mean)  :)

If or when things progress I will be happy to give a bigger input.   

Im half way thru the thread and I would like to mention 'open world style map'. Road network thru the woods and over hills, past pastures and fields. I would like to just drive out of the DC Compund. No time and just enjoy the graphics.

Gameplay difficulty adjustable from 'jump in and race' to 'tight them bolts on teh wheels'

I dont mind the voice in the menus. Im for the option to turn it off.

Open world is a toughie for me. On the one hand it gives you more options than tracks. On the other it means that there is less time available to the developers to do well designed courses. For me if there are enough tracks and they are long enough then open world is not necessary. After all, rally stages are not open world, they are carefully designed courses.

Allowing customised course design by end users >>> open world.

ARCNoOne said:
doyley101 said:
Having said this, more detail isn't needed on the dirt 3 stages as they're all pretty generic and simple. I would love more ruts, bumps camber, grip changes etc to make the stages feel more 'organic', sometimes the dirt3 stages feel too circuit-like and designed, rather than like true rally stages.
That's been my only complaint about the Dirt series.
It doesn't give me that "OMG, the road's trying to toss me into the trees" feeling I get with RBR and the WRC series.
Everything is too wide, too flat and too straight for that.
I would agree the road surface is a lot more up/down in WRC, and you feel that. The thing where dirt does better than WRC is the jumps. When the car jumps on Dirt 3, you do get a good sensation of the jump and when it comes down there is a hell of a bash as it makes contact with the ground again. In WRC you don't get anywhere near as good a feeling over the jump and IMO the landing is not severe enough. But it is much easier to roll a car because of the road camber on WRC 3/4 than Dirt 3.

This thread is brilliant to read back through having visited CM twice in 2014. I can't wait to see the forums reaction when something is finally announced/shown publicly, let alone when people play it!

Hmm no split times in the WRC 2015 season,... i like this idea! 
Bring it to the next Codemasters rally game :D 

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/january/new-for-2015-splits/page/2042--12-12-.html

A Day/Night & Weather system of this quality would be awesome:

http://youtu.be/pBEip6goHbY

jesped said:

If it even touches on some of these details I will need a 'reality check' after driving. 

gfRally said:
jesped said:

If it even touches on some of these details I will need a 'reality check' after driving. 

these details are what i was referring to when i mentioned that driveclub had a nice weather system. I'd like to see it adapted to fit different weathers and road surfaces.

The dynamic weather could be random or set to change a certain amount of time after the first car on the road, potentially giving some drivers an advantage.

Like how last year there was some unexpected rain in Germany and the first car out ended up missing moat of it, while those behind ended up suffering as they were unprepared for the weather change.

of course, it could cause problems for some, so perhaps it could be toggled or something?

This car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7afNZsAvqI
@GentleNameMVB‌ 

I would really love a Porsche too, but I think they only like Need for Speed, but RUF on the other hand seems to gladly share, but a RUF 930 Rally car would be a little bit of a fantasy car.

Anyhow, this just dawned on me watching that, I wonder if anyone was ever in contact with Chris Harris?  He would be a great voiceover for the DiRT4, he has a lot of enthusiasm that is a bit contagious and he certainly has the passion for rally that would work well.  He is kind of like the Jeremy Clarkson for rally in a way.  Heck license (bad word right now) the whole IDrive format.

EDIT:  I just watched the entire clip, umm..  that sound, the whole experience screamed Group B of the modern era.  Yes I know modern WRC cars are faster than the old GroupB cars of old, but I just can't look at a Fiesta like I can this car and hear that flat 6 growl.  I think I am going to watch that a few more times.  Thanks for sharing!  

jesped said:
Funny thing, the rain effect was acomplished the same way in CFS2 and Flight Simulator.
dirt3joe said:

Allowing customised course design by end users >>> open world.

I guess the amount of work put into designing courses and working on enviroments is much greater than before. There are more objects and details. The courses look great but feel short. The tools would be great.

Hi everyone, first of all I liked Dirt3, and the physics they used, but I have a few wish(es) for the new (more serious) rally game of CM. (sorry for this long post :p  )

A career mode like V-Rally 3 had, but with more depth. I like the idea of ThierryNeuville's 'Ultimate Rallyteam', although I think that might be a bit to much for the average Dirt3 driver?

Anyway as I said, I would like to see a V-Rally 3 career mode, but with more depth. The physics of the game were crap, but it had a nice atmosphere for that time, and I really got the feel I was part of a team. Having an office, a team presentation, your name on the car, interactive service park, podium celebration, having No.1 on the car when you became champion, getting team offers, etc.)

But getting it today's standards such a mode needs a bit more depth, but keep it simple at the same time. It don't need necessary real drivers, so fictional drivers can also switch from team.

Cars/Classes
Three classes. Class 1 are ofcourse the WRC cars (VW, Citroën, Ford, Hyundai, MINI, Toyota, and maybe fictional?) Every manufacturer enters one main team with two cars, and possible a 'junior/B' team for a third driver. Or instead of a B team you could have privateers.
Class 2 are for R5, S2000 and GroupN/R4 cars. With all privateer entries, or like in real life, if you win JWRC that you get a drive in a R5.
Class 3 are for R3 and/or R2 cars.

If there are 8 events, 
For Class 1 all events count for the championship standings
For Class 2 for example 6 events count.
And for Class 3 only 5 events count.

Career
You start with the rally school, to get grips of the car, learn the pacenotes that being used in the game, and get your rally license >> in the end you get an advice which control settings you get (rally school could be optional)
Than you start you first season. You get a first sponsor and have a limited budget. On the tablet/computer there are offers from teams to test a rally car and if you do well you get a contact offered. Your budget is first only limited to do the full season of class 3, so 5 events. If you finish well you might win prize money, and if you win the championship in class 3, than you get prize: competing in a Class 2 car at the season ending event / or you get a full season drive in Class 2 for the next season. If you have enough budget you could also enter extra events, do testing to improve car performances. Eventually you are ending in the top class. If you do well you drive for a factory team, or otherwise as a privateer with own budgets. The sponsor budgets will increasy every year so in the end you always have the option to compete in Class 1, although as a privateer. Also you need a minimal experience of competing in class 3, before you get you upgraded license to enter Class 2. Same goes for Class 1.

Interviews/PR
You also need to do small interviews at f.e. team presentations, before or after a rally, etc. so you could increase your fans (to get more budget), but also let know what your ambitions are, or to hint if you want to go to a certain team in class 1. I haven't done CM's F1 games, but I believe this systems has been introduced there already.

(same could be done for a RX career mod)
-----------------------------

A other wish. In Dirt3 there was a single race mod, but i missed a single rally mod (to do a full rally). Would like to see that, aswell as a possible championship (creator) mod.

Rally-Raid. Maybe a Dakar license? Also could there be a stage with dunes and stuff like that? Hope the Trucks return aswell.

It may have already been said, but definitely would like to see damage carry over from previous stages. A service park. Also the ability to alter the interior view (zoom in/out, move up/down).

A good livery editor (reposted from DiRTYGossip thread), maybe allow import of jpg or png with transparency

Allows us to make whatever we want, trade liveries, whatever

Best one out there is Forza.  This is insane what what can be done!

http://youtu.be/W5q5h_34V_M

Just finished a run through of Colin McRae 3 and discovered a few things that would be cool in the next game.
1. I like that once you finish the stage you only see the time's of the people ahead of you in the road order.
2. The weather effects are cool, the thunder and lighting in Japan especially are awesome.
3. The different stage surfaces and the tyre's you pick can make a huge difference.
4. Rally Japan! Bring it back, it's awesome.

Off to play through 2005 now, see if I find anything else.

Also, the podium celebration after each rally is a nice touch and much better than a message saying "well done, you finished X on rally X" I also miss the victory donuts form the original Colin McRae once you win the championship.

I want at least 10 rally traks.
Montecarlo;
Italy:
France;
Germany;
England;
Finland;
Sweden;
and some in Africa and America.
It is my Super Dream  :p