Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

My almost impossible dream, that had rally of Brazil, more specific RALLY DOS SERTÕES (the category RAID) final is the second largest rally in the world, and the largest in the world in a unique country ..... my distant dream.

Only a minor request but, on the assumption that there is a "Custom Championship" option, it would be great to be able to save custom Championships once you have them arranged as you want. 

Grid Autosport has a good custom Championship mode, but you have to set it up from scratch every time you want to race. Be good to have the Championship that I want to play just once click away (would also be good if saved custom Championship could be used when setting up games online as well).

Good idea that Steve. Also with the custom championships, hopefully we could have a cross section of events too, such as a mixture of rally, rallycross, off road etc...

Guys, just a question:
Some one use H+cloutch on dirt3?
I dont know how to fix it, but N drops mostly the time without touching anything.
Is imposible to race with cloutch...im not the only one with that problem...anyone know if there is any way to fix it????
I know its not the place to ask but to be aware for next dirt

Can the window damage be similar to the body damage i.e. actual damage rather than cracked window textures? I think that would also make for easier livery editing/modding. Thanks

@justbiglee if DiRT 4 has audio names again like DiRT 2 & 3 had, I'd like to see a comeback of Devin. It was in DiRT 2 and I loved finally having a game where my name was included. Unfortunately it disappeared in DiRT 3. Could you please put it back on the list if it's not too late? 

It really was! I played it not long ago and it it took me back to my 13 year old self :P

Car sounds and audio was never bad in the DiRT games.
But i dont really care about the sound tracks...
The soundtrack in DiRT 2 was awesome :)
Yea, it's the best game soundtrack I know, when I saw Biffy Clyro perform Mountains last year in Belgium, shivers ran down my spine because of the Colin McRae memorial video in DiRT 2.

It really was! I played it not long ago and it it took me back to my 13 year old self :P
Thanks a lot for making me feel old, just realised I was 16 when I first played the demo which made me buy a proper pc and a steering wheel, and lots of awesome games :smiley:

Thanks a lot for making me feel old, just realised I was 16 when I first played the demo which made me buy a proper pc and a steering wheel, and lots of awesome games :smiley:
Ha, 21 or 22 is hardly old! I bought my first steering wheel a couple of months after F1 2010 came out, which must have been like a year and a half after DiRT 2? Can't believe I've had it for nearly 5 years now! Still works perfectly.

I'm with everyone else: more stages in more locations. Long stages are fine with me too. 

A decent amount of RX circuits for the occasional break from Rally.

Keep the handling good like DiRT 3. Throw in as many WRC cars as you can with as many classics as you can license.

Don't get all DLC greedy and give us everything right on the disc. 

NO handling - physics like DIRT 3  but as DIRT 2....
Keep the car list of DIRT 3  and add some more.. .
Add rally Acropolis track..
No too arcade modes like in DIRT 3 (infected car, cat n mouse etc) but pure rally and rallycross!
Detailed cockpit view..

Technical wish here, DirectX 12 support, like DiRT2 supported DirectX 11 already, but I'm assuming that with this new ego engine this will be thought off already

789ifyz said:
dotmartin said:
789ifyz said:

Yay! I love caramel! And flake and twix and tubberlorne (can't spell) and kinder eggs and bueno and choc ice and, oh, someone should make an ice cream livery too.

There used to be a Mentos Rally Team, really liked their liveries but I haven't seen them in action for a while.

One of my favourite mints. I think I should start googling some of these liveries, see what I can find. Thanks for the responses btw, @dotmartin‌, @justbiglee‌ . 

Nothing to do with DiRT, but, I've found a new favourite chocolate: Lindor.

789ifyz said:
789ifyz said:
dotmartin said:
789ifyz said:

Yay! I love caramel! And flake and twix and tubberlorne (can't spell) and kinder eggs and bueno and choc ice and, oh, someone should make an ice cream livery too.

There used to be a Mentos Rally Team, really liked their liveries but I haven't seen them in action for a while.

One of my favourite mints. I think I should start googling some of these liveries, see what I can find. Thanks for the responses btw, @dotmartin‌, @justbiglee‌ . 

Nothing to do with DiRT, but, I've found a new favourite chocolate: Lindor.

Nah, Oreo Dairy Milk is where its at.

I have often talked about sound so I THREW this together with limited time.

https://youtu.be/FH83tmn3AdE

Color has been adjusted as well

I could only wish sound was similar, but this also shows the really bad cameras in DiRT3 and I am hoping this could be improved.  The cameras switch way to quick or at least you have NO control over them, to appreciate the scenery and sound.

I have stopped the car and looked around somewhat at certain points in DiRT3 and its really amazing how much work goes into the scenery!  Its a shame that we cannot enjoy it a little more (outside of a crash) when it flies by so quickly.  

Maybe someday this could change

gfRally said:
  Its a shame that we cannot enjoy it a little more (outside of a crash) when it flies by so quickly.  

You could start by driving more slowly ;)
But seriously, those camera's really change to quick, you barely know where you're looking at and the camera changes again., and all those close-ups on wheels etc. don't really add anything. I would like to see views for like 8 seconds or so where you see the car entering in the background and getting closer through the woods or wherever you're driving, like is done on tv. This way you can truly enjoy the amazing engine sounds echoing through the environment, instead of just seeing some flashes with changing sound all time.

Nice video btw, love the sound of the engines. This one has probably been posted somewhere on the forums already, but it's just so awesome I'll post it anyway:
Group B: The Sound
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrlhepfy9-I

Proper rally career  mode. Multiple seasons, work your way up from amateur rank up to professional.
 I want to have to repair my car and carry over damage if  I'm unable to.
Cockpit.  Must have cockpit mode. It's the only way to rally.

Edit:  I forgot.  I'm not a school kid.  I don't need a voice over telling me I'm AWESOME DUDE.

Edit:  I forgot.  I'm not a school kid.  I don't need a voice over telling me I'm AWESOME DUDE.
It has been said before, but I think it's worth saying again: PLEASE, NO MORE CHRISTIAN STEPHENSON!

tbtstt said:
It has been said before, but I think it's worth saying again: PLEASE, NO MORE CHRISTIAN STEPHENSON!
Christian is actually an amazing guy and has become a close friend of mine since working on D2, D3 & Showdown with him. He even DJ'd my wedding. 
All that said he isn't a good fit for the style of game we are making and he is now very busy travelling the world as DJBBQ having had a great deal of success with his first Recipe Book. 
Please don't hate him for the 'dudebro' stuff. Ultimately he had a script and a direction that he followed as a voice actor and that direction suited the style of the games at that time. 

gfRally said:
I have often talked about sound so I THREW this together with limited time.

https://youtu.be/FH83tmn3AdE

Color has been adjusted as well

I could only wish sound was similar, but this also shows the really bad cameras in DiRT3 and I am hoping this could be improved.  The cameras switch way to quick or at least you have NO control over them, to appreciate the scenery and sound.

I have stopped the car and looked around somewhat at certain points in DiRT3 and its really amazing how much work goes into the scenery!  Its a shame that we cannot enjoy it a little more (outside of a crash) when it flies by so quickly.  

Quoting myself I know, but just to add to my post.  After watching this several times, and trying to re-edit it.  I have come to the conclusion that the original sounds are really quite good.  After all the toying around with the sound.   It turns out with the current camera angles and constant switching, the origional works.  I only miss the loud and constant anti lag sounds.  

Maybe if the cameras where changed to allow user interactions, the original sounds would not work as well?

Never thought I would see another Dirt game ;D Been around since the first Colin Mcrae Rally and still own one. 

I feel like alot of people have said this but less arcade and more rally? I'm guessing that it will be too much to ask for because the game would be too hard and not pleasing to non-simmers. There are more or less only arcade like rally games and the WRC games started off bad and gone worse. 

Synck said:
Never thought I would see another Dirt game ;D Been around since the first Colin Mcrae Rally and still own one. 

I feel like alot of people have said this but less arcade and more rally? I'm guessing that it will be too much to ask for because the game would be too hard and not pleasing to non-simmers. There are more or less only arcade like rally games and the WRC games started off bad and gone worse. 

You will be pleasantly surprised then ;)