Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

Synck said:
Never thought I would see another Dirt game ;D Been around since the first Colin Mcrae Rally and still own one. 

I feel like alot of people have said this but less arcade and more rally? I'm guessing that it will be too much to ask for because the game would be too hard and not pleasing to non-simmers. There are more or less only arcade like rally games and the WRC games started off bad and gone worse. 

You will be pleasantly surprised then ;)
Sadly I'm not easily pleased or surprised because there can always be more ;)

I'd like to see punctures, tire changes  during stages, different tire choices and tire wear etc. Perhaps car damage problems and fixes before next stage? Driving is not the only thing which matters during a SS. Would be nice to see some SSS as well.

Feel like the car is the most important thing. Doesn't really matter what other fancy stuff are implemented if it's unplayable. Some one has to finally make a rally game that can get close to one that is almost 11 years old. 

Synck said:
Synck said:
Never thought I would see another Dirt game ;D Been around since the first Colin Mcrae Rally and still own one. 

I feel like alot of people have said this but less arcade and more rally? I'm guessing that it will be too much to ask for because the game would be too hard and not pleasing to non-simmers. There are more or less only arcade like rally games and the WRC games started off bad and gone worse. 

You will be pleasantly surprised then ;)
Sadly I'm not easily pleased or surprised because there can always be more ;)

I'd like to see punctures, tire changes  during stages, different tire choices and tire wear etc. Perhaps car damage problems and fixes before next stage? Driving is not the only thing which matters during a SS. Would be nice to see some SSS as well.

Feel like the car is the most important thing. Doesn't really matter what other fancy stuff are implemented if it's unplayable. Some one has to finally make a rally game that can get close to one that is almost 11 years old. 

I still play the one that is near 11 years old, I've played all the Colin McRae's/ Dirt's and I've had a sneak peek at this one.

I think they might just surprise you this time...

Evilsmurf said:

I still play the one that is near 11 years old, I've played all the Colin McRae's/ Dirt's and I've had a sneak peek at this one.

I would give a toe to sneak a peek for this one ;>

Synck said:
Evilsmurf said:

which toe?

Synck said:
Evilsmurf said:

which toe?
I guess there is only one way to find out ;)

I didn't update the list since June. Meanwhile I've read all the posts and most of them are the same whishes, I've seen that Lee usually reads the different ones... but they're not in the list, so @justbiglee do you want me to start updating it? :smile: 

Btw the list is turning 1 year old soon!

I personally think rally shouldn't be the only race type. Rallycross and landrush should definitely stay, while trailblazer should be replaced with proper hillclimb.

I Think the R5 rally class is getting a very good potential atm !

With officially factory brands making some R5:

Peugeot 208 T16 (R5)

Citroen DS3 R5

Ford Fiesta R5

Skoda Fabia R5

Not (yet) factory supported R5:

Mitsubishi Mirage R5
Opel Corsa R5

more content for pure rally and rallycross! some hillclimb or trailblazer or lanrush would be welcome but please no more xgames and gymkana and for nothing modes like infected car , cat 'n' mouse ,tranporter! we need pure racing game.. create an other game for such modes ans style like dirt showdaown etc!

more content for pure rally and rallycross! some hillclimb or trailblazer or lanrush would be welcome but please no more xgames and gymkana and for nothing modes like infected car , cat 'n' mouse ,tranporter! we need pure racing game.. create an other game for such modes ans style like dirt showdaown etc!
Nah one Showdown is enough ;) It's a fun game, and I enjoyed it, but I don't need another one :wink: 

The partymodes are fun though, and I wouldn't mind it if there were some sort of playground in the next DiRT, as long as it has normal handling like in DiRT 3 (or better) and it's focused on learning rally skills. So a combination between playground / rally school would be fine with me.

This R5 class looks promising, would love to be able to start in some smaller/slower cars, based on the stories I've heard about taming THAT CAR

Really just separate the titles, give gymkhana to Grid and Keep Rally to Dirt, maybe a DLC with stadium trucks.  If there is a Dakar, then some of the trucks could cross over will into Mint 400 and Similar truck only racing.  

Really just go back to DiRT1 I think it had the best overall content. Stage Rally cars and Trucks (lori's), hill climb, and stadium style racing.  Just make the interface more organic like DiRT2, not so much the silly dude-bro xgames.  More like what is done  F1 games with the garage (or service tents here) and the animated crew and asking questions.  Really it would just pull you into that whole atmosphere of rally.  

Nah one Showdown is enough ;) It's a fun game, and I enjoyed it, but I don't need another one :wink: 

The partymodes are fun though, and I wouldn't mind it if there were some sort of playground in the next DiRT, as long as it has normal handling like in DiRT 3 (or better)

This R5 class looks promising, would love to be able to start in some smaller/slower cars, based on the stories I've heard about taming THAT CAR
I mentioned this before but a career progression would be great starting out in rally school, education on driving mechanics and understanding pace notes, etc.  it's been done before but lost in the DiRT series.  Make money a factor, you start with enough for 2wd R2 class and work your way up, but you have to consider damage and upgrades costing $$, keeping you responsible for clean runs.

gfRally said:
I mentioned this before but a career progression would be great starting out in rally school, education on driving mechanics and understanding pace notes, etc.  it's been done before but lost in the DiRT series.  Make money a factor, you start with enough for 2wd R2 class and work your way up, but you have to consider damage and upgrades costing $$, keeping you responsible for clean runs.
This would be awesome, combine this with a hardcore mode like DiRT 2 had: no flashbacks, but expand it by allowing no restarts. (Add in an achievement for finishing the DiRT Tour in this mode on highest difficulty and you'll keep me busy for hours months)

I sadly never played CMR when I was younger, but I remember NFS Highstakes had this by default. Once you started a race, you couldn't retry it. If you screwed up you'd feel it through the entire tournament. And if you didn't finish first, you'd have to redo the entire tournament.

Peugeot 208 T16 (R5)

Citroen DS3 R5

Ford Fiesta R5

Skoda Fabia R5

Mitsubishi Mirage R5
Opel Corsa R5
I'd love to see the R5 class well represented in the new game. Particularly with how popular they are in the world of rallying these days. 

Peugeot 208 T16 (R5)

Citroen DS3 R5

Ford Fiesta R5

Skoda Fabia R5

Mitsubishi Mirage R5
Opel Corsa R5

Fully agree with you! From the 4 homolgated, I haven't seen the the Fabia R5. I hope in June I will see one! :smile: 

btw the Fabia R5 was homolgated today! And the Mitsubishi R5 won't receive any support from Japan... 

I think someone's probably mentioned this already, or maybe I myself have said it, but how about a layered vehicle setup and/or customisation menu? Like a basic DiRT2/3 menu, with an 'Advanced' button leading to a WRC-type menu or something like the original DiRT vehicle setup menus?

The partymodes are fun though, and I wouldn't mind it if there were some sort of playground in the next DiRT, as long as it has normal handling like in DiRT 3 (or better) and it's focused on learning rally skills. So a combination between playground / rally school would be fine with me.

Sound like rallycross is partymode enough :wink: 

Playing DiRT3 again reminded me of the handling of the cars. Touching the break pedal or releasing the gas pedal once or twice during a stage is fun.. :> That's one thing I don't want to see again ;D

Synck said:

Sound like rallycross is partymode enough
:wink: 

Playing DiRT3 again reminded me of the handling of the cars. Touching the break pedal or releasing the gas pedal once or twice during a stage is fun.. :> That's one thing I don't want to see again ;D
Hmm well I guess you're right, I enjoy rallycross better anyways, only problem is those morons who don't use their brakes. The handling thing I meant compared to Showdown, I offcourse want to see better handling than DiRT 3 had.

Maybe a interesteing idea: DiRT app for smarthpones/tablets (don't know if this was already mentioned)

It could be an nice extra, like seeing your statistics compared to you friends. But when you play the game together with a friend, he could for example be your co-driver with reading the pacenotes from a tablet. Maybe this gives an extra dimension to the game. 

JorritVD said:
Maybe a interesteing idea: DiRT app for smarthpones/tablets (don't know if this was already mentioned)

It could be an nice extra, like seeing your statistics compared to you friends. But when you play the game together with a friend, he could for example be your co-driver with reading the pacenotes from a tablet. Maybe this gives an extra dimension to the game. 
Also would be nice, if they didn't forget about Windows Phone (assuming, they even make such an app)

Didzis said:
JorritVD said:

Also would be nice, if they didn't forget about Windows Phone (assuming, they even make such an app)

@justbiglee mentioned a website that will be hosting stats, and as long as its mobile friendly then we will have something similar to an app.  I don't know about pacenotes part.

It's probably been said before but a feature like "Pace note manager" where you can write your own notes. Such as where to cut, cautions and etc. Most people drive differently so it would be cool to have notes tailored for yourself. 

gfRally said:
Didzis said:
JorritVD said:

@justbiglee mentioned a website that will be hosting stats, and as long as its mobile friendly then we will have something similar to an app.  I don't know about pacenotes part.
He might be talking about RaceNet?