Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

And the biggest thing for me (certainly from my POV) is TV Style replays.

I don't want the camera rotating round the car, I want to see shots from a helicopter or the inside of a bend, or the exit of a corner. Mix it all up with on board shots, and I think the replays would look epic!
Like this?  Stationary overhead hairpin camera.  (I'll TM that)

Its a clip from this http://youtu.be/4xRioPhVIRE

If you haven't seen this documentary, altho from an american perspective its done really well.  I've hung out with a few of these guys in this video, great group of guys, and why I like rally so much.

Also, notice the LONG dust clouds... hint, cough 

With regards to a playground/driving training space: that would have been great to have, but if I were to choose between a couple of great rally stages or a car park with cones I'd go for the stages! The time it takes artists to create locations is very long and it costs loads of money. I think most of us agree that content of tracks and stages is hugely important for the next game.

Nice to see a realistic view!  

I just want one that has the car selection and feel like Dirt 3 but with longer Rally stages, More Rally Cross and actually Hill Climbs this time, not Trailblazer.

Gymkhana is definitely no-no.

gfRally said:
  If you haven't seen this documentary, altho from an american perspective its done really well.  I've hung out with a few of these guys in this video, great group of guys, and why I like rally so much.

I ordered a copy from the US and wasn't disappointed, I have watched it a number of times now!

Definately amongst the best motorsport documentaries I've seen in the last few years.

gfRally said:
Maybe you would have to manage the scheduling (i.e. you cannot pick 2 events on the same weekend). It could be done in a simplified way.

Ohhh I like that idea

Edit: Sorry I've got to ask @gfRally and I could be way off but are you Greg Flinchbaugh by any chance?

Azoresst said:
@justbiglee‌ Nice tweet! 
https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/451818587536519168
:P

Seriously though, anybody know where I can rent a grand piano?

Azoresst said:
@justbiglee‌ Nice tweet! 
https://twitter.com/justbiglee/status/451818587536519168
:P

Seriously though, anybody know where I can rent a grand piano?
http://www.ukpianos.co.uk/grand-pianos-for-rent

:p

gfRally said:
Maybe you would have to manage the scheduling (i.e. you cannot pick 2 events on the same weekend). It could be done in a simplified way.

Ohhh I like that idea

Edit: Sorry I've got to ask @gfRally and I could be way off but are you Greg Flinchbaugh by any chance?

I'm going to say.... yes, he is Greg Flinchbaugh :)

gfRally said:

Ohhh I like that idea

SHHHHHH no I'm Clark Kent that guy (GF) wears the cape, remember?

I'm one of the few that actually loved the gymkhana in dirt 3, but only the playground, I wasn't much of a fan of the competitive stuff in the career modes, with the exception of the time attack bits. I thought the format was much better in showdown, it was just let down by the arcade handling and the assists you couldn't turn off.

I would quite like to see a return of at least some landrush in the new game, but if is sacrificed for good rally/rallycross/trailblazer gameplay then I wont be too disappointed ;)

Sounds like a lot of us agree that we liked gymkhana as a playground, but not in career? Personally I would like to see them add in some of the career aspects from Showdown, but with more realistic handling.

As most of my friends are not hard core rally fans like me, we would spend quite a lot of time on cat and mouse, transporter and outbreak. They were so much fun to do every now and then, and made for great moments, so I'd love to see them make a return as well!

As much as I didn't like the Gymkhana in the DiRT 3 career mode (it felt forced) I have to confess that I rather enjoyed playing Outbreak online: charging round dodging other cars was actually a pretty good way of getting to grips with the gymkhana cars!

There is a Pikes Peak car that would be amazing to try out... the Peugeot 208 T16. Stats look pretty unbelievable. Would make an awesome end-game car. :)

It was the best way of learning I found, trying to drive fast and skillfully to avoid others. I had many heart-pounding moments of sliding around containers whilst infected cars missed me by inches!

Good to see all the wishes!

I updated the 1st post with the new ones and If something is missing or wrong, let me know! 

Azoresst said:

I updated the 1st post with the new ones and If something is missing or wrong, let me know! 
Great job!! Unfortunately i didn't had the time to sort the old wishlist out and place them in categories, but u already did a great job! :D keep up the good work!

Azoresst said:

Great job!! Unfortunately i didn't had the time to sort the old wishlist out and place them in categories, but u already did a great job! :D keep up the good work!
Thank you!!!

Probably I will look for it and merge with this one!

Perhaps an option to do recce would be good! I know it was also in RBR , ( have to be honest that i didnt really used it) but recce is still part of the rally sport ;-) what do u guys think should a recce option be in a rally game?

Perhaps an option to do recce would be good! I know it was also in RBR , ( have to be honest that i didnt really used it) but recce is still part of the rally sport ;-) what do u guys think should a recce option be in a rally game?
how would you want it to play though?

Certain things I'd like included are

- Launch control for WRC Cars
- Unique stages (the occasional reversed stage is acceptable ;) )
- Real rally cross circuits.
- Tighter hairpins where possible.

And the biggest thing for me (certainly from my POV) is TV Style replays.

I don't want the camera rotating round the car, I want to see shots from a helicopter or the inside of a bend, or the exit of a corner. Mix it all up with on board shots, and I think the replays would look epic!
We should probably get a camera man who likes rally in as an advisor, do you know any?

Funnily enough I do. Hopefully i'm able to make a visit in May ;)

Hopefully one of the Devs can answer this question, but is it possible to include much more new, and varied features on next gen (PS4/XB1) than it was on PS3/360? If so, how much bigger could a rally game be on the new consoles? (hopefully that makes sense, it does in my head :)) )