Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

Telemetry and motion support.

I run a lot of external gauges and a dash on my rig so telemetry output is very important to me. I am also about to add motion to my rig in the form of a SimXperience GS-4 seat.

And also make sure you keep the support for analog handbrakes.

Dirt 3 and Dirt Showdown has a bug which means it crashes after each race if you have telemetry or motion enabled so I do most my rally driving in Dirt 2.

Here is a video of my rig so you can see my gauge setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nddc1hnzHWo

I would like to second what people are saying about

-More sim, less arcade. (same for GRiD 3 while we're at it. )
-More elements from DiRT 2 instead of DiRT 3 in regards to the career mode / longer races.
-No talking person in menus
-Less Gymkhana

-Some of the multiplayer modes from DiRT 3 were fun, but it was unfortunate it was basically one 'map'. So, if this element gets to return for DiRT 4 please add more maps for it!

Looking forward to DiRT 4 regardless! 

Quick post, as a huge DIRT fan I want all rally stuff in the next game, I could help CM devs giving them some great ideas like why you don't add long laps races what I mean is "DAKAR" tournament, it would be great if you add it in the game. We also want you to add extreme show mode inside the game like motorcross race/freestyle events, and 360 degree barrel roll events!

List updated!

@gfRally I agree with you! In my "home" rally, I notice the same as you and I like it!

It would be nice to have all of the above, i.e. a full rally SIM, but if that's too much to ask (time constraints, technical challenges, budget issues etc.), I would be quite happy if DiRT Next was something like WRC 4 od Codemasters' engine (graphics / physics / wheel integration and so on).

WRC 4 is often laughed at but they do have 13 countries, tens of kilometers of stages in each country, quite satisfactory career mode etc. If DiRT next was something like that but with a bit more realism, longer stanges and with the amazing graphics that the EGO engine provides, I'd be happy even without fancy features like launch control, service parks etc.

Can't wait what codies have in store for us :)

With regards to real stages, in my opinion I would only want that on really iconic stages, such at the Great Orme and Pikes Peak. Other than that just having a realistic representation of the locations is more than enough, otherwise too much time will be taken up on authenticity, and it wouldn't allow as much creativity in the development

With regards to real stages, in my opinion I would only want that on really iconic stages, such at the Great Orme and Pikes Peak. Other than that just having a realistic representation of the locations is more than enough, otherwise too much time will be taken up on authenticity, and it wouldn't allow as much creativity in the development
Interesting point, so as long as they feel real you are OK with fictional stages?

Interesting point, so as long as they feel real you are OK with fictional stages?
I would like to see some real stages, to feel what real pilots face but, for example, If the DiRT team only can make 6km of 20km stage, why not make the 20km stage with 6km real and 14km fictional without repeating sections? Or If the DiRT team make a fictional stage with some realistic aspects, I think it will be great!

I personally would agree with this; if the rally stages were based around proper rallies but the stages themselves were fictional that personally wouldn't bother me.  

The rallycross tracks are the only thing I'm really bothered about being fiction free.

Dakar cars and stage, more and long wrc stage, more head 2 head tracks, trucks (kamaz, man etc like dakar), more wrc world, repair cars in service park, more realism and better multiplayer. Dirt 1 and Grid 1 - best codemasters games ever <3

More rally but also outbreak again. I spent many hours on it in DiRT3 and it were (and are) funny moments. For me: best party mode ever made

It would also be better if there where more older cars,  eg SAAB 99 turbo, saab 96 (V4 abd 2 Stroke), ferrari 308, lancia ECV, porsche 911 turbo.

With the next DiRT Game I would just be happy with everything from the original Colin McRae to last Colin McRae 05.
The Cars The Courses,Night and day with Weather Rain ,Snow.
Put them in a Blender and make it DIRT 4 or whatever the name will be.

I did enjoy the Pikes Peak as many Dirt fans here have!
But that isn't the only Hill climb in the world!
Maybe add a few as bonuses!  Mount Washington Hillclimb on the Mt Washington Auto road in N.H. is actually in June this year attracting a lot of the same popular Hillclimbers!

Although I did enjoy a little silliness in Gymkhana I just didn't think it belonged in a DiRT Game.
Putting it in Showdown made much more sence!

If the game cannot be all WRC Rally like.
Global Rallycross was a lot of fun. And the Off Road Stadium trucks were also.

Either way it needs lots of Retro Rally cars that have been actually used in Official rally racing over the years!
Lancia's Citroens Pugs, Fords, Audi's, Alfa Romeo's and on and on!

Oh and Thanks You for bringing the Forums back! :D 

1. Full Simulation
2. Huge Number of Rally, RallyCross and Head2Head Tracks(don't bore us by making us play the same track on and on and on.....bring all the rally and rallycross tracks from dirt 1, 2 and 3 and add more....this is the most important thing)
3. Huge Car Variation (from the classics to the latest models.....the other most important thing)
4. Weather variation in all tracks(rainy, cloudy, sunny, snowy, dusty)
5. Keep Gymkhana and Head2Head (at least as optional career events....a lot of people do like it, those who can't play this are the major haters of these events)
6. New Separate career modes for all kinds of events(e.g: Rally Career: Rally School, Juniors Championships, National Championships and WRC. Same for RallyCross and other racing disciplines)
7, Improved Cockpit cam with TrackIR Support.
8. No unusual post processing effects like greenish/bluish color filter.
9. Improved Offline and Online multiplayer with more fun event disciplines.
10. Introduce Drifting......maybe drifting championships and Formula Drift :D
and
NAME IT Colin McRae DiRT 4.

Car customization, like engine upgrade, turbo, suspension, wheels, tires, body kits.
Custom paint & decal.

They can't call it 'Colin McRae' anything. Colin's wife asked them to stop using his name after he died.
I don't believe that is entirely correct: DiRT 2 came out two years after McRae died and that had Colin's name on it.

It's correct, his name was on DiRT2 because he was still alive when the game began development. She asked them not to use his name for DiRT3 because he had no input in the game

The usual WRC stuff but with longer stages and a Dakar style career, with navigation playing a big part in it. As you all know, the greatest names in WRC all end up on big offroad races like the Dakar ;)

I don't agree with the people saying that the demolition thing in showdown was bad. I think it would be cool to have like a totally new game mode only focusing on the demolition stuff so you could have some fun there as well..