Sign in to follow this  

"Next" DiRT game wishlist!

I would like to have good controls and realistic damage model. Just pure simulation, realistic & detailed setup/tire options, ignition, false starts, mechanical failures... maybe I forgot something but that's the most.

Cheers
Edited by TheEqualTester

@justbiglee

What I mean to say, it's if you guys do all the liveries, or the brands have some people do to something of their own.

Like you may notice, because Thierry said it, I'm kind of an amatourist designer, and many of my work goes to the garbage, unfortunatlly most of the times it's good s**t that goes to waste because it's to expensive to make, or this or that. What I wanted to know is if there is anyway I can contribute with a liverie or two just for the fun of it ;)

@justbiglee

What I mean to say, it's if you guys do all the liveries, or the brands have some people do to something of their own.

Like you may notice, because Thierry said it, I'm kind of an amatourist designer, and many of my work goes to the garbage, unfortunatlly most of the times it's good s**t that goes to waste because it's to expensive to make, or this or that. What I wanted to know is if there is anyway I can contribute with a liverie or two just for the fun of it ;)
Ohhh right I've got you now sorry - Yes we make all the liveries ourselves and if you want to do a bit of livery design for the fun of it go for it, I can't say I'd be able to get anything like that put in a game but we'd love to see what you come up with if you want to do it just for a bit of fun.

@ThierryNeuville, you're not forgotten my friend, but we're still in 2014 :P
Need it before August ;-) have to prepare a lot for the new design/rebuild :)
But i think it will be alright!

@justbiglee and @ TheFlyingTuga , did u guys knew that my rally livery what I have at the rally car now, was created on paper by old dutch forum member cmr2games( Hoonigun), I did the development of the livery and he made the artwork on a sketch etc, some guys are really really good at making liveries from an idea to paper sketch! Amazing!

Just a little question, for @justbiglee. The fitional liveries, you have a team for that or it's the marketing of companyes that gives you the idea how to do things?
Ummmm its kind of a bit of both, not speaking for DiRT specifically but knowing what I know from another game we're working on we would create the livery for a company using their brand guidelines and colours etc (a good example would be the blue Intel livery in GRID 2). 

Some companies might have a more fixed idea of what they would like and we would work from that some might just say "go nuts", then they would either approve it for use or they might ask us to make changes. Its just a case of working together with them really, howing them lots of options and working from there.

Its kind of like when somebody (like a retailer or a website) writes dirt (in small letters). It drives me crazy it should be styled DiRT because that's what the brand is so the last thing any company wants if for us to make a car with their logo on it and not reflecting the companies own style.

That make sense?
@justbiglee  That sounds vaguely familiar to my job.  Almost every day I have to submit art to a customer for their approval, can be a double edged sword depending on the customer.  

I always knew the programming part took a long time between games, but thinking about all the licenses etc, the art department has their hands full too.

If we can have some decent telemetry data from the ego engine like they get from some other games (iracing) then those with button boxes/gauges/sli readouts and those lucky with motion cockpits there are a lot of little things that can be done, if the data is open to the users.

Including horn, indicators "lights", lights of the lightpod, the heater ;-)
How many buttons do you guys have on your game controllers and steering wheels? :O :P

I have a total of 66 buttons on my racing rig, not including shifters etc. Got to love button boxes :)

I have 8 game controllers on my rig :)

gfRally said:
If we can have some decent telemetry data from the ego engine like they get from some other games (iracing) then those with button boxes/gauges/sli readouts and those lucky with motion cockpits there are a lot of little things that can be done, if the data is open to the users.
Yes please. I would love really good motion and telemetry data.

Here is what gauges I have on my rig, 
Speed
RPM
Water Temperature
Oil Temperature
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure

at the moment only speed and RPM works in codemasters games.

On my SLI display I would like.
Stage time
Section time
Time to next car
Delta to stage best
Total rally time.
Distance.

At the moment I can just get stage time and my speedometer has a trip meter in it so I can see distance but with so much wheel spin of gravel then it is usually pretty far out at the end of a stage. I am thinking of getting a rally computer like a Terra Trip for my rig, maybe get a friend to co-drive for me.

For motion I use a Simxperience GS-4 motion seat and 8 transducers for tactile feedback using Simvibe. 

It seems that we don't have a thread for posting DiRTy vids yet so I'll leave this here:

http://youtu.be/dnhHFo0URnY

Beasty...
Hopefully, Group B Rallycross monsters will make into the next game

Avenga76 said:
Yes please. I would love really good motion and telemetry data.

Here is what gauges I have on my rig, 
Speed
RPM
Water Temperature
Oil Temperature
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure

at the moment only speed and RPM works in codemasters games.

On my SLI display I would like.
Stage time
Section time
Time to next car
Delta to stage best
Total rally time.
Distance.

At the moment I can just get stage time and my speedometer has a trip meter in it so I can see distance but with so much wheel spin of gravel then it is usually pretty far out at the end of a stage. I am thinking of getting a rally computer like a Terra Trip for my rig, maybe get a friend to co-drive for me.

For motion I use a Simxperience GS-4 motion seat and 8 transducers for tactile feedback using Simvibe. 
Ouch! nice rig!  Might have been cheaper to just do a real rally, lol.  Seriously though, It would really be great to have a 'timing computer' as an external screen (I use symprojects simscreen) to display what you have listed. 

Haha, yeah I think I did actually spend less on my first rally car.

I have already ordered 2 Symprojects Simscreens. I am going to use them for my pedal displays. I'm not sure if they would support distance. Also the real problem is correcting for the amount of wheel spin you get in a rally car, I did a 4.2km stage in Dirt 2 as a test and the trip meter on my speedometer said 4.8km, so I had 600m worth of wheel spin :) At least with a Terra Trip then I can calibrate it to account for some of the wheel spin so it will be a bit more accurate. I really need a co-driver to make the corrections for me  

@Avenga76‌ and to think you could have saved all that money and just did this! http://youtu.be/w9YluPOyXmg

yeah CM's  you can record this dude that does all this sounds and record them...cheap and amazing engine sounds for your games..
:))

A wish I would like to see is rallystages as in the WRC:

Rally Australia:

Rally Wale GB

Rally France:

Rally Finland:

Rally Spain

Rally Germany:

Haha, Yeah that's what I do when I am at work and am having rally withdrawals
gfRally said:
@Avenga76‌ and to think you could have saved all that money and just did this! http://youtu.be/w9YluPOyXmg

I've just remembered some of what @KickUp mentioned months ago in an interview with a website. (does anybody have a link to that interview?)

Paul spoke about the need for the game to teach the player about the sport, car behaviour and dynamics, driving technique and surfaces. Many players do like the plug in and play aspects of recent games and the next game should also allow for it. However, a lot more satisfaction can be gained if the game presents a challenge aided by gaining knowledge about world of rally and rallycross.

I'm not sure how this can be implemented, but my wish is to see quite detailed technical information about rally rules, rally car types and classes and help with car setup. I kind of think of myself as quite handy in technical stuff and follow motorsport technology and would love to see some elements of technical info in the game.

I don't know if that would appeal to many players, but I'd like to think in general players want to be challenged and feel as if they're learning - in my view gaming with no learning or challenge can sometimes be a waste of time.

I realise that this would be yet another aspect of the game to research and implement for the devs, but if the game is heading for more authenticity and back to CMR roots perhaps this would fit in well.

I've just remembered some of what @KickUp mentioned months ago in an interview with a website. (does anybody have a link to that interview?)

Paul spoke about the need for the game to teach the player about the sport, car behaviour and dynamics, driving technique and surfaces. Many players do like the plug in and play aspects of recent games and the next game should also allow for it. However, a lot more satisfaction can be gained if the game presents a challenge aided by gaining knowledge about world of rally and rallycross.

I'm not sure how this can be implemented, but my wish is to see quite detailed technical information about rally rules, rally car types and classes and help with car setup. I kind of think of myself as quite handy in technical stuff and follow motorsport technology and would love to see some elements of technical info in the game.

I don't know if that would appeal to many players, but I'd like to think in general players want to be challenged and feel as if they're learning - in my view gaming with no learning or challenge can sometimes be a waste of time.

I realise that this would be yet another aspect of the game to research and implement for the devs, but if the game is heading for more authenticity and back to CMR roots perhaps this would fit in well.
There's more than that tucked around the internet - surprised you guys haven't found them all yet. I did see a guy on the PlayStation forums put together some bits but he was still missing a little.

There's more than that tucked around the internet - surprised you guys haven't found them all yet. I did see a guy on the PlayStation forums put together some bits but he was still missing a little.
Any chance you've got that interview link somewhere handy to post it here?
I'll spend some time over the weekend sifting through DiRT game Twitter account to squeeze the hints out.
The best bits (video and photo from Art Director) are no longer in the Twitter universe so can't post those here...

What about this as a hint? http://blog.codemasters.com/2014/04/codies-weekly-update-11-04-14/
It’s like the calm before the storm this week, developers are getting builds ready, the PR guys are preparing PR stuff and the Community Team are busy teasing something… 

I'm guessing @justbiglee has got a shiny folder with a print-out of his teasing tweets and hints, but for some reason he won't make it easy for us :)

I'll create a DiRTy Gossip thread :)

I'm guessing @justbiglee has got a shiny folder with a print-out of his teasing tweets and hints, but for some reason he won't make it easy for us :)

I'll create a DiRTy Gossip thread :)
No man I use evernote :P

I'll give you some clues of where to find stuff

..... actually no I won't, good hunting.

Ill keep adding to this Post as I find stuff:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329373/dirt-4-will-focus-on-authenticity-after-showdown-says-codies/

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/dirt_3/news/codemasters_developing_multiple_rally_titles_for_2014.html

Hi, first of all sorry for my bad english

anyway, why codies not making two type of rally games? one is full of rally simulation (more depth) and the other one is arcade

I'm more concern on "depth" and "full-sim", so I just skip the idea for arcade style. Richard Burns Rally game it has very good instance creating depth on it. For me, if the game it self only have 5 or 4 cars it will be ok (I guess can put more DLC's cars later). So we can do something different for rally games. manage and develop our own rally cars, more customize stuff...developing/upgrade bumpers, fender, mud flaps, engine, wheels and so on is fun (we can create monster!). I'm not rally-driver but I can see rally is not only about how we drive the car, it's about teamwork. 

I like the old rally group-B, where in there is no limit for research and developing their cars + team.
So ok I try put some list that I want to see in the game, because it's way too much to wrote it out and some of it is really hard for me to describe it

• I miss to see all component like RBR game
  • more realism on damage, I do remember CMR 2.0 has cool electronic damages 
  • more realism on physics, want to see the engine block thrown from it place, or the car get burn because overheating
  • have something a bit simple on managing R&D team (realistic regulation FIA rules or no limit :p) and getting sponsors 
  • want to see night trough the forest while driving our monster
  • more customize, instance adding more headlamps, using new bumper types, better fenders, add bullbars, free to put our sponsor sticker and so on
  • cool AI, random accident we could see while race. Burning cars, burst tire, electric problem, driving too slow and so on
  • weather, I want visibility maybe only 50-100m. something like heavy fog, rain, snow and more dust perhaps..just something like real
  • car component wear condition, something like tire, spring, brakes or engine
  • can create our own tracks
well I guess thats all for now, better depth with better graphics and more challenging to play...is not only a game, is about taste and stay in our heart for long (sorry, I can't find to describe it with correct/right words, but I hope you know what I mean haha)

Codemasters are working on more than one Rally game to be released according to the hints :)
More than one! I would file that firmly in the rumour tray.