Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.7 - Discussion Thread

FRACTURED said:
Yeah. The number of people who claim pCars 2 is terrible who turn out to have based this on a few laps on cold tyres in mindboggling.
Go buy it then you idiot and play it. I’m not an idiot and have spent plenty hours on pc2. Seeing as you are an ass I won’t even bother wasting my time with any explanation as to why it’s a terrible game. 

hardbaked said:
FRACTURED said:
Yeah. The number of people who claim pCars 2 is terrible who turn out to have based this on a few laps on cold tyres in mindboggling.
Go buy it then you idiot and play it. I’m not an idiot and have spent plenty hours on pc2. Seeing as you are an ass I won’t even bother wasting my time with any explanation as to why it’s a terrible game. 
Why would anyone buy a terrible game? Oh, I dunno unless say there was a beta that bore no resemblance to the released game. You expect bugs in a beta and you identify them to find plenty not actually fixed and new ones not seen, only in earlier versions of the game....

Even though the ps4 version of pcars2 is riddled with bugs I have more confidence in SMS fixing the game than I do with CM patching F1 2017.  

coolieboy said:
Even though the ps4 version of pcars2 is riddled with bugs I have more confidence in SMS fixing the game than I do with CM patching F1 2017.  
Dunno why, they've had years to fix the original PCars and it's still not up to much.

We'll be able to share up the patch notes for 1.8 very soon. We're aiming to release it next week (that's week commencing 9th October)!

@ Jennyannem

Can you tell us a release day for the patch and the notes ?

We're looking at the next couple of days for PC, then consoles not too far after for 1.8.

Jenny stated sometime week commencing Oct 9th. So this week. 

Even when they try to be specific...

We're looking at the next couple of days for PC, then consoles not too far after for 1.8.

Communication Codemasters, communication.
Dont say 'very soon' when 6 days later there is still no patch notes. My defenition would be in 1 or 2 days. Same goes with the patch announcement itself. You guys saying 'soon' for over a month.
That's not soon.

Please communicate better. Say it as it is. Don't hold us on a leash. If it takes a month, say it takes a month.

So, when are those notes coming @jennyannem

Playing my career @ Baku on PS4. 50% distance. Qualifying bug on Q3. Not all cars went out of the boxes. Force India and Williams finished in a better position than red bull and Mercedes. So unrealistic and frustrating.

i'm realy scared we are on the verge of patches. Last year i thaught 1.7 was the last one and we had to wait a simmilar amount of time. Also the same degreasing amount of communication.
I'm a little afraid the moved on to the next project (F1 2018) and are abandoning ship like last year(s)......

Raalte said:

Communication Codemasters, communication.
Dont say 'very soon' when 6 days later there is still no patch notes. My defenition would be in 1 or 2 days. Same goes with the patch announcement itself. You guys saying 'soon' for over a month.
That's not soon.

Please communicate better. Say it as it is. Don't hold us on a leash. If it takes a month, say it takes a month.

So, when are those notes coming @jennyannem

No comments from Codemasters. What a surprise. Saw a thread closed when somebody asked when the patch would finally be released. 
Is it strange that people ask about this when you guys say 'soon' for weeks? I don't think so. 

I'm waiting for 1 update, that of McLaren, but it is an annoying one. Almost a season further then when patch was announced. Almost 3 seasons with the same problem. 

This communication is totally useless. Please hire more people for the forums. Bet there a few suitable candidates already on the forum. 

@jennyannem @F1Support can I please get a reply on this. 

Raalte said:
Bet there a few suitable candidates already on@jennyannem
What the hell does that even mean? You have added her name so many times there I can't tell if it was your intention to make that sentence, but all I can think is Anchorman...

FRACTURED said:
Raalte said:
Bet there a few suitable candidates already on@jennyannem
What the hell does that even mean? You have added her name so many times there I can't tell if it was your intention to make that sentence, but all I can think is Anchorman...

Wow that is f*cked up. Certainly didn't write that. 

I can't even edit without it changing words to @jennyannem. Think I have a bug on this forum.

@FRACTURED
With the latest sentence I mean: there are probably suited candidates here on the forum

I edited it. Kept changing words though 

Yeah I was sure I knew what you meant but what it posted had me looking for that pic   ;)

I always have issues posting from phone if using quotes...I can't click anywhere outside of the quote box, it just types in the quote instead. See others affected. Bloody annoying!! 

FRACTURED said:
Yeah I was sure I knew what you meant but what it posted had me looking foqr that pic   ;)

I always have issues posting from phone if using quotes...I can't click anywhere outside of the quote box, it just types in the quote instead. See others affected. Bloody annoying!! 

Tip: leave an extra space. It you type directly, it will jump to the quote. Just hit enter first.

Raalte said:
FRACTURED said:
Yeah I was sure I knew what you meant but what it posted had me looking foqr that pic   ;)

Tip: leave an extra space. It you type directly, it will jump to the quote. Just hit enter first.
Occasionally I forget though and once I'm in the quote, thats it. I am locked in there lol. I have to cancel and start again which more often than not means I just don't bother. Usually have a whole load of drafts just sitting there wondering why they weren't released into the wild