Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.7 - Discussion Thread

I dunno why you guys are so hostile. The game needs fixed, so what ! Every game I buy needs patches. You just let them know and they fix it when they can. You have to give Codemasters credit. They've gave us a handful of patches in a matter of a month or so. 

New livery and new driver numbers please!! For the next year please don't put a lot of spot "F1 2017" when the spot is Heineken. 

I dunno why you guys are so hostile. The game needs fixed, so what ! Every game I buy needs patches. You just let them know and they fix it when they can. You have to give Codemasters credit. They've gave us a handful of patches in a matter of a month or so. 

Why are so ignored. This game does not properly work and this has been going on for years now. If you let codemasters know about a big issue they will ignore it and they wont fix it. For me codemasters has no credits anymore. The patches they released fixed small issues in the game. The big ones are being ignored and wont get fixed. Multiplayer in this game will never work properly because it will take to much time for them to fix.

When is the safety car going to be re-activated online? Cos had many online races where it really should of come out even if didn't the VSC should of.

" Increased level at which gearboxes suffer faults"
In 1.6 at about 52-53% gearbox started to get unreliable and to lose some gears, how is it now?
The degradation rate is still the same?

1. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58176/tire-selection#latest
2. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58063/fuel#latest
3. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57995/not-sc-and-vcs#latest
4. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57881/dsq-for-tires#latest

All this is not fixed in patch 1.7 !!!
What are you doing there ???
And still interestingly, what did the testers do before the release of the game ?
??

The patch is not about anything.

The online championship issue is a disgrace that you didnt fix that!!!!
I agree its becone a joke now.
They broke it themselves wen it worked pre 1.6 patch

I dunno why you guys are so hos9tile. The game needs fixed, so what ! Every game I buy needs patches. You just let them know and they fix it when they can. You have to give Codemasters credit. They've gave us a handful of patches in a matter of a month or so. 

Because i bought to play online championship mode and this worked wen i bought the game but codemasters broke it themselves with a patch!!!

Menze92 said:
After this update my multiplayer progress is lost
I was lvl 19 and now it has reset my stats to 0 @jennyannem
Hi @Menze92, this was something we had to do in patch 1.6 in order to correct multiplayer stats. You can read up on our notes on this here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57344/patch-1-6-notes-updated-13-09 
Hi @jennyannem many thanks for yet another update will i be able to carry on my saved game in career mode or will it be better to start from scratch.
You'll be able to carry on with your saved game, @smudger1982 :)
Seriously getting pissed off with all these bugs during multiplayer races, safety car comes out because a driver retired in the pit lane! Safety car comes out because someone who has retired 5 laps earlier leaves the lobby!, blue flag penalties on lap1, I get hit by another driver and they get no penalty yet I have to pit for damage, starts me on my qualifying dry tyres in a wet race with no option to change them!, no warning for cutting 50% of corners on strict mode yet penalty for running wide onto grass when I lose time or even spin out upon returning to the track, illegal overtake penalty for avoiding a stationary car! Come one this is shocking and I have only listed a few I have noticed!! If all these issues are not corrected will I be able to get a full refund?

All I ask is you make a game that works and is true to the sport of F1 not Mario kart! 

A reply would be appreciated.
Hi @RoryRacingCar, we're investigating the issues with the Safety Car at the moment. You can find blue flags on the first lap in our patch notes of 1.6 here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57344/patch-1-6-notes-updated-13-09

Are you still having issues after 1.6? If you are, we'd love to know.
F4lcoX58 said:
No fix for random blue/green flags in multiplayer?
What about unsync race in MP?
Blue flags feature in the 1.6 patch notes: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57344/patch-1-6-notes-updated-13-09

..though if you're still having issues with blue flags on lap 1 after 1.6, please let us know.
and again! not fix SC and IA in qualy, ridiculous!!!
Check out the 1.6 patch notes here regarding AI in qualifying: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57344/patch-1-6-notes-updated-13-09, are you still having an issue with their pace after 1.6 @skylinegtr34?

I've been reading this thread here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58250/ai-qualifying-pace-vs-race-pace, but if you could let us know any details about how you're finding it post 1.6, that'd be very helpful!

Please can you sort out the bug with the safety car where u are falling to far back. U keep to your delta and when it asks for u to catch the car in front it's like they have opened up a bigger gap than before, you then cannot catch them within the time permitted.
This bug has effected myself and the Ai in career mode. Grojean got 2 drive throughs in one race and massa got disqualified in another.  
Sometimes the field does not even bunch back together in time, multiple people get penaltys and the race has started again!  
Thanks 

Have you guys ever thought that certain things take a lot longer to fix then others. Instead of acting like children, do some research before questioning something. If you are all so unsatisfied with the game, don't buy it anymore. Sell your current copy and go play on another game. Easy. 

Hey there :)

2 issues I still can find:
First one is some "shadows" at Silverstone in the rain, last corner and after turn 5 such as seen here: https://streamable.com/9f48e
Does effect other tracks like spa aswell and it's not only when raining, seen online in multiplayer aswell as in career mode. really annoying.

Second one is a little more difficult to explain. See some clips here: https://streamable.com/9c1dc
Story: It's career mode. After a collission in turn 1 with debrits laying on the track in turn 2 after the start we had a safety car to remove the debrits on track. So far so good. Restart after Safety car by the end of lap 3 entering lap 4. Still yellow flags in turn 1. debrits in turn 2 still on track! But we resume racing. (Clip1) Coming to the pits for my scheduled pitstop by the end of lap 5, entering lap 6. Just leaving the pits and safety car gets deployed for the debrits in turn 2... (Clip 2). Now a whole lap behind Sebastian Vettel (who came out of the pits right in front of me in lap 6) my engeneer Jeff tells me to overtake the car ahead (Vettel) under safety car conditions, because he is a faster car?! (Clip 3) I didn't know what to do there... Lap 8, restart again, just to see, there is still debrits on track in turn 2 and still yellow flags.. I tried to overtake just to see if it's really yellow flag conditions, and yes it is. That yellow was there till the end of the race, with reappearing safety car for two laps after 2 laps of racing.

Hope you can fix this somewhen

been reading this thread here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58250/ai-qualifying-pace-vs-race-pace, but if you could let us know any details about how you're finding it post 1.6, that'd be very helpful!
@jennyannem

On OSQ I am seeing massive discrepancies between the AI pace in quali and the race. I'm mostly racing for Sauber, but have tested this in a Ferarri too and it holds true.

What I did to get my AI levels right, was load up a Grand Prix with OSQ. I timed myself against my teammate (Werlein in this case, as he seems to be slightly faster than Erricson) and dropped/raised the slider by one point for every 0.1s I was behind/ahead. Ended up settling on 77 - on a "good" lap I can get 19th, on a perfect lap I can just about make 17th/18th. Times against my teammate are 0.1/2s off on a good lap, and about 0.4 on a perfect lap.

Come the race, I am screaming past the opposition. Even without the safety car/AI not pitting bug, I managed to finish on podium at Bahrain. This is in a Sauber, on a career with no upgrades beyond a couple of durability ones. Admittedly Bahrain was wet, and the AI drive slow when it's wet, but even on dry I am regularly finishing top 10, even on tracks where I struggle like China.

I went back today and did the same "teammate time match" test on a race at Spain - this time I did 3 lap races and tried to get close to my teammates fastest lap. I found I had to set the AI to 93 in the race for my teammate to get anywhere near my lap times. On that setting I finished spain in 18th (which is perfect for a Sauber). Took that setting to Melbourne and finished 14th (which considering I am good at Melbourne, is about right).

In case you weren't paying attention, that is a 16 point difference between Qualifying times and the race. That's crazy!

I should point out I am doing little to no fuel saving, but driving Standard Mix all the way round. It doesn't seem like the AI are fuel saving either to be fair.

the pace from qualy and race it's too different, need change difficult from test and and race, it's stupid the 1.6 patch don't fix this...

the pace from qualy and race it's too different, need change difficult from test and and race, it's stupid the 1.6 patch don't fix this...
OK, thank you. How much of an effect has 1.6 had? What platform are you playing on, and what qualifying setting are you using?

OK, thank you. How much of an effect has 1.6 had? What platform are you playing on, and what qualifying setting are you using?
I have the same issue, but i play a much higher difficulty. I can qualify on 98 difficulty and be within 0.2sec of my team mate. Usually around 14-17th place. 

Then i bump it up to 100 for the race and im fighting for 10th place in a dry race. With competitive racing. (Still in my unmodified McHonda)

Bahrain for Qually and Practice (note, some preactices work). But they are to op. In qully my teammate out quallys me by alot, but comes race time, i end up 5 postions ahead of him, then after race, ill have my fastest time faster than half the middle grid, even tho qually they put in faster times. Only that traxk

Since the update, tonight I have been suffering major screen freezes. And it has caused me to crash many times.

I have not changed any graphical settings since I first played the game, and this is the first time any issues have happened without relating to my graphic driver needing updates (which I have checked and it does not).

Hope that this is just a momentary bug with my PC today, but restarting the computer has not even worked, so I thought I would let you know and see if anyone else is suffering the same issues.