Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch 1.7 - Discussion Thread

fifi25 said:
screen tearing is still here, so does pixelated textures during replays and cutscenes
Which track? What conditions? What platform? And are you running 4K and HDR?

Since the update, tonight I have been suffering major screen freezes. And it has caused me to crash many times.

I have not changed any graphical settings since I first played the game, and this is the first time any issues have happened without relating to my graphic driver needing updates (which I have checked and it does not).

Hope that this is just a momentary bug with my PC today, but restarting the computer has not even worked, so I thought I would let you know and see if anyone else is suffering the same issues.
Nope everything work fine for me,my pc specs is down.Excepts the sparks who i post in page 2.

@gimmick73 no HDR 1080p screen. all tracks but especially Monza, Bakou, Spa, Canada, Monaco. PS4 Pro and Xbox One. Same issue since F1 2015

A very small thing I noticed and it's not really much of an issue other than being inconvenient with 1.7. When going to your power units and/or gearbox window, the cursor is set to unit 1 on everything. Pre patch the cursor would be set to the currently equipped piece.

1. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58176/tire-selection#latest
2. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/58063/fuel#latest
3. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57995/not-sc-and-vcs#latest
4. http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/57881/dsq-for-tires#latest

All this is not fixed in patch 1.7 !!!
What are you doing there ???
And still interestingly, what did the testers do before the release of the game ???

The patch is not about anything.
Mostly none of the crap that's happened since the game launched, wasn't in the Beta, from my experience.
Common thought is, the 'Day 1' patch broke the game... and every patch since has been trying to fix it.

Please add the Force-Feedback settings option to F1 2017, I cant get around the Monaco Hairpin, I always

/e - Found it 

Again Xbox One is the latest to receive updates. What's happening Codemasters ?? Did they put so much emphasis on the Microsoft Console and always be the last one at all? Sony is paying more is ??

NILBRASIL said:
Again Xbox One is the latest to receive updates. What's happening Codemasters ?? Did they put so much emphasis on the Microsoft Console and always be the last one at all? Sony is paying more is ??
You'll find the explanation of the patch process posted by many helpful users throughout almost every thread about a patch. Effectively it is not in codemasters hands to expedite Mircosoft's vetting process. 

Since the update, tonight I have been suffering major screen freezes. And it has caused me to crash many times.

I have not changed any graphical settings since I first played the game, and this is the first time any issues have happened without relating to my graphic driver needing updates (which I have checked and it does not).

Hope that this is just a momentary bug with my PC today, but restarting the computer has not even worked, so I thought I would let you know and see if anyone else is suffering the same issues.
I get black screening (like loss of sync probably). Increasing frequency since 1.6v2.

Patch 1.7 has not helped. It's turning into a crapshoot like F1 2016. Starts off a good-ish game then patches decimate the basic feel. Don't get me wrong, like last year the patches had to happen but it just ends up a mess.

No updates on engine and gear box wear on 50% race distance? Sad. I would have hoped this would have been addressed by now. I basically gave up on 2017 because of this. There's no point in the upgrade system when you have to dump all your points into durability to get even half the amount of races out of the components. Typical Codemasters. Push out a product that looks good on the outside but is a mess inside. Guess I'll wait for 1.8 but honestly I'll likely have lost all interest by then. 

Ai на с разработками  ( изучено половина ) не вообразимо быстр в карьере на моем примере это Vetel разница 3-4 секунды со мной а с остальными 5-6 секунд он в повороты походу под 300 входит 

Online the AI timings are off, i will get a message that i had the fastest lap.but than im second in the timings, after that is jumps to 10th (pre race) and when the race is about to start im first on the grid

This patch is no good. You have to get 1.8 ready quick!!

I have a massive SC bug on PS4, when the Safety Car comes, Hamilton switch to ghost car for no reason, and it goes very slowly until the SC is on the track. (before the sc came, he was leading the race) When the SC come in the pit, it's okay again.

NILBRASIL said:
Because Xbox tests the patch prior to release, it takes a bit more time to do this.

Ive only seen the safety car once on multiplayer, it never comes out even after a 10 car pile up. And from the problems other people report, I'm kind of glad 

When back same one car can get same power before bug?
Ps4 controller wheel is a shit play all now focus well pls fix.
When use line all track some times the car automatic direction wtf???

Why can drive it brake assist and drive assist? Very bad that game not competive And AI is a shit, need to select AI can put automatic???

the pace from qualy and race it's too different, need change difficult from test and and race, it's stupid the 1.6 patch don't fix this...
OK, thank you. How much of an effect has 1.6 had? What platform are you playing on, and what qualifying setting are you using?
only different il qualy it's secton in monaco, now ok, but scripted time at finish of session qualy, it's the same, i make the pole position for example, and with all car in the box at 1second to finish session, the cpu make the time better than 2-3 cent of second and i start in 10 position, this is problem, and i need make qualy on difficult on 85, but in race need to increase over 90, because in race other car it's too slow, and i start maybe 20° but finish 5° if don't change difficult...i play on pc with wheel, 100% race and all assist OFF

fifi25 said:
@gimmick73 no HDR 1080p screen. all tracks but especially Monza, Bakou, Spa, Canada, Monaco. PS4 Pro and Xbox One. Same issue since F1 2015
Turn motion blur to 0.0. I found Monaco and Singapore fine. Be sure boost mode is ON. I know it doesn't make sense but 1.04 testing showed me it did make a difference. Good luck!

It was not a bug, but I think it's a issue. When it's raining, sometimes IA stop on the pit without any good reason to change a intermadiate compound with good conditions to go until the end. For example what happened today. Everyone with green compound, left 14 laps to the end. When it was left 6 laps or something like that, with pretty good tyre conditions (mine was something about 20%, probably same for CPU since they have pit in the same lap that I had), they had pit again. 

VSC still tricky to follow. There's no orientation about speed or anything. Really hard to follow the pace. 

SC still a little bugged when you have to realign. Sometimes there's no way to do it in the time.

@jennyannem I am still not able to carry on with a saved game (online championship). I send the invitation to a friend and when he tries to connect it says the section no longer exists. Does the invitation expire after some minutes? If so, how long it takes? I am on PS4

the pace from qualy and race it's too different, need change difficult from test and and race, it's stupid the 1.6 patch don't fix this...
OK, thank you. How much of an effect has 1.6 had? What platform are you playing on, and what qualifying setting are you using?
I've been experiencing this as well, 1.6 did very little, I do practice and full qualy on 95 then need to bump it up between 100-105 so i finish in a realistic position. I'm on XB1.