Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DIRT4 Repairs

I'm just new to this game and seem to be doing quite well, considering my age (72).  However, as I advance, I find the engine light comes on and power drops until we have a fatal engine failure.  Frustrating, as I'm usually leading the rally at that time.  I have it set on Automatic Repairs but it doesn't seem to preclude the big bang.  Can someone provide some help, please?  Thank you.

You might need to upgrade all the parts of the car (or at least the engine parts).
This makes all upgraded parts more durable.

You can find the upgrade system in the pre-race menue / paddock.

Keener99 said:
I'm just new to this game and seem to be doing quite well, considering my age (72).  However, as I advance, I find the engine light comes on and power drops until we have a fatal engine failure.  Frustrating, as I'm usually leading the rally at that time.  I have it set on Automatic Repairs but it doesn't seem to preclude the big bang.  Can someone provide some help, please?  Thank you.
When you say "as I advance", how far are we talking? Engine failure should not be a problem until you start getting into the 10km+ stages, unless you're really banging your car into everything.

Possibly a silly question but do you still have engineers? Their contracts aren't permanent, and having your chief engineer do all the repairs might mean he doesn't have enough time to fix everything.

WeamDreaver, I followed your advice and have eliminated the problem.  Thanks very much.

caerphoto, I have one engineer and since I upgraded the running gear, it seems the repairs are being done in a timely fashion.  Thanks very much for suggestion.