Sign in to follow this  

Difference between full and simulation damage

Hey guys,
can someone explain me what the difference between full damage und simulation damage is? Some say, simulation is just cosmetic and doesn't effect perfomance and some say, simulation is more sensitive.
Thanks

it means stuff breaks off easier...
Full is the same but, takes a bit more knocking than sim damage.

and crashing has zero impact on engine or gearbox.

Does the AI suffer the same amount of damage this year or are their cars more resilient like last year?
i think they are stronger again, i damage my front wing with the slightest of touches but AI ram me in the corners and their wing is perfectly fine, this game has so many little issues, its crazy

Has any one getting any puntures yet of running o er debri or touching the wall or back of other car donec2 seasons and  never had one puncture of any of the following where  codies said the is a high chance of it happening 

patronas said:
Has any one getting any puntures yet of running o er debri or touching the wall or back of other car donec2 seasons and  never had one puncture of any of the following where  codies said the is a high chance of it happening 
Run simulation damage

patronas said:
yup .. happened to me in my first f1 2017 league race ...
guy in front of me lost his front wing, i couldn't avoid his debris and suffered a puncture.

I always assumed FULL was the most difficult setting, but reading this it turns out SIM is the most difficult??? Well, that's clear, Codemasters...

kentali said:
Does the AI suffer the same amount of damage this year or are their cars more resilient like last year?
i think they are stronger again, i damage my front wing with the slightest of touches but AI ram me in the corners and their wing is perfectly fine, this game has so many little issues, its crazy
Not, CPU have the same damage than us. You can see they loosing little parts of the car here and there, just like us. And sometimes, just like we, they lost performance.

JayJay686 said:
Except AI Front Wing... this is undestroyable if they hit you from behind :-/
Not true. Hardly they hit the same way than us. Maybe IA should be programmed to make some mistakes and hit stronger than now. The problem is not the damage, but that IA just not hit hard enough to loose a front wing completely. 

TARJAM said:
patronas said:
Run simulation damage
I'm running on Sim Damage since day 1, have at least 1000 laps on the game and have hit the wall several times. Never occours to me.

patronas said:
I run sim damage and this has never happened to me either - if I hit the wall, I always damage the wing (even if I hit the wall side on), but never have I had a puncture. If I do get a puncture, it means the whole rear end is damaged and I retire. I think that sim damage is a bit ott, given the F1 cars were knocking the walls at Singapore quali and we never saw front wing damage or puncture.

JayJay686 said:
Totally agree - I tap the AI in front, and I lose a tiny bit of wing and I lose at least 0.5 seconds of performance. They sometimes fly into the back of me at high speed and either they completely reitre or they carry on with little or no performance loss.

JayJay686 said:

patronas said:
I run sim damage and this has never happened to me either - if I hit the wall, I always damage the wing (even if I hit the wall side on), but never have I had a puncture. If I do get a puncture, it means the whole rear end is damaged and I retire. I think that sim damage is a bit ott, given the F1 cars were knocking the walls at Singapore quali and we never saw front wing damage or puncture.

JayJay686 said:
Totally agree - I tap the AI in front, and I lose a tiny bit of wing and I lose at least 0.5 seconds of performance. They sometimes fly into the back of me at high speed and either they completely reitre or they carry on with little or no performance loss.
I actually was rearended by teammate Ricciardo in Malaysia and he lost a bit of the cascade winglets and then he was no longer able to keep up with my pace. I run on FULL damage, not SIM, though

I have tried crashing heavily with others and tbey don't sustain even minor damage, I consider this is not well adjusted, AI is way sturdier 

Hargers said:
With regards to punctures there are a couple of additions (with sim damage turned on).

There is a possibility that you can receive punctures from driving over debris on track.

You will also accumulate damage on the tyres if you are scrubbing them against the barriers or other cars. This occurs at moderate speeds but will increase in severity the faster you are driving and you can suffer a puncture because of this.

When you experience a puncture you will lose traction and find it difficult to drive the vehicle as expected, however....

Once you have a puncture if you drive too fast you will start to accumulate extra damage on the tyre.  If you receive enough damage the tyre will now burst. 

This means you will have even less traction and control as the vehicle struggles to support its weight on three wheels and you will find it even harder to get back to the pits.

This is a quote from a codemasters employee. Does anyone have any footage of the tyre bursting. I've never seen it before and it is clearly in the game. I've tried driving around with a puncture for 10 laps in practice and no luck.

Hargers said:
With regards to punctures there are a couple of additions (with sim damage turned on).

There is a possibility that you can receive punctures from driving over debris on track.

You will also accumulate damage on the tyres if you are scrubbing them against the barriers or other cars. This occurs at moderate speeds but will increase in severity the faster you are driving and you can suffer a puncture because of this.

When you experience a puncture you will lose traction and find it difficult to drive the vehicle as expected, however....

Once you have a puncture if you drive too fast you will start to accumulate extra damage on the tyre.  If you receive enough damage the tyre will now burst. 

This means you will have even less traction and control as the vehicle struggles to support its weight on three wheels and you will find it even harder to get back to the pits.

This is a quote from a codemasters employee. Does anyone have any footage of the tyre bursting. I've never seen it before and it is clearly in the game. I've tried driving around with a puncture for 10 laps in practice and no luck.
@TheMrsomedude ,that sounds pretty good, but 'unfortunately' I've never experienced a puncture.

patronas said:

JayJay686 said:
Funny, because I was running sim damage on 2016 and if I hit just about anything hard enough I got a puncture. Hasn't happened to me in 2017 as yet.

kentali said:
Not, CPU have the same damage than us. You can see they loosing little parts of the car here and there, just like us. And sometimes, just like we, they lost performance.
Crash you're car full speed into an AI in Simulation and you'll see that mostly of the time the AI will continue driving.

Here's a video of some crashes. You'll see that the AI is stronger.

look at the car crash at Malaysia around 0:55 and see how the Toro Rosso who gets hit in the end does not lose a single thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esp-enrUVzU

I hitted Hamilton slightly on his front left with my right rear and I had nothing and Lewis lost a wheel. Also saw lots of AI losing parts/a whole front wing when touching other cars. Don't have any reason to think the AI have a stronger car.