Sign in to follow this  

Telemetry

Is this ever going to be included? F1 teams couldn't operate without this. During practice, qualifying, and race day the information being discussed between the driver and engineers is based on telemetry. The subtle changes in setup to improve performance of the cars is based on this. No F1 team or driver would race without it. So, if you are racing in F1 2013, you are racing in a way no real team or real driver does or would do. This needs to be included - like it was in GP4 or F1Career Challenge '99-'02 or RS2/3 - over a decade ago.

There is a mod for PC for this, most likely most people wont know how to read telemetry so it wont be on the proper version ever but if you were wise and have a pc then you can have it

I have a PS3 - and a PS4. But this should be an a key part of the existing game, otherwise the setups and corner strategies are just guessing. Guessing is completely unrealistic and no F1 driver would this. 

I'm asking for telemetry since the release of F1 2010 and Codemasters doesn't seem to read the Forum...

Telemetry is the best way to improve your driving and it should be implemented in the game.

HennoGarvie : Stop singing the same old song about an obscure mod for PC. We need telemetry in the game, not an outside software...

Went back and took a look at the PC add-in and that would at least be a start - but since I have a PS3 (or PS4) not much help. 
HennoGarvie: You say that most people won't know how to read telemetry... - what about the many people who played GP4 or RS3 or others who clearly used it. Again, name me an F1 team that doesn't completely rely on telemetry - and same for all the drivers - it is the critical tool they use to improve their times. Without it you don't get the true experience.

Well get a PC and play on that, stop being a console peasant. You wont improve much in a game using telemetry anyways because its a game so it doesnt give much use at all. You'll improve if you have a lap to compare to but comparing to an AI lap is useless and a console will never have the capability of comparing each others laps, the add on is fine.

Well get a PC and play on that, stop being a console peasant. You wont improve much in a game using telemetry anyways because its a game so it doesnt give much use at all. You'll improve if you have a lap to compare to but comparing to an AI lap is useless and a console will never have the capability of comparing each others laps, the add on is fine.
Whatever it is that you have against console players, get over it. You look like an ass with a grudge. 

I agree, we need telemetry. We also need a more immersive single-player experience and a competitive multiplayer. 

Immersion means fuck all, telemetry will never be in the game, get a pc and use the app. As for single player, get some friends and multiplayer is as competitive as your group

Immersion means fuck all, telemetry will never be in the game, get a pc and use the app. As for single player, get some friends and multiplayer is as competitive as your group
I suppose we should all start taking your advice and call you Fuehrer. Or maybe Jesus. Get over yourself, not everyone else has the same views and enjoys the same things as yourself. We all have different agendas so stop trying to force yours down our throats. 

And there's still that wonder why suggestions on the forums are never listened to when we have posters like this....

Telemetry is a perfectly reasonable and valid feature request. It has it's benefits. Unlike PC exclusivity which would leave half of the series fans in the dark. Then abandoning single player solely for multiplayer would alienate another large portion of the fanbase.

This PC master race trope is both incredibly stupid and very tired. It was old a decade ago. It's neither funny or insulting anymore it's been that overused.

I don't agree. I think Codemasters will implement this option in the game some time because it's not an arcade but a real simulation game if you play it without any aids. It's an arcade if you play with every aids but where's the fun? GP4 was so fun playing it because of telemetry I could check where in a curve I was losing speed and where I should have kept the throttle on.

I always played the F1 games on PC.

It is nothing like a sim, I play with all aids off but it doesn't come close to a real sim such as the f1 mod for Assetto corsa, it's just an arcade game for the masses and codemasters would never make time for it

Look you are all just the same people in every thread asking for the same stuff over and over under the title of 'THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME!!111!!!' or something similar, codemasters do not give a shit about any of you, thats clearly been proven, you guys have been asking for telemetry for ages. The best way of getting your wishes is going on PC and getting the mods for it because lets face it, bug masters wont do it.

Look you are all just the same people in every thread asking for the same stuff over and over under the title of 'THIS NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME!!111!!!' or something similar, codemasters do not give a shit about any of you, thats clearly been proven, you guys have been asking for telemetry for ages. The best way of getting your wishes is going on PC and getting the mods for it because lets face it, bug masters wont do it.
I agree, CM are out to grab money and don't listen to us. Maybe, though, if we whine and complain and give them enough grief they will get the point. Maybe it's in the works for 2015. Honestly, 2015 is my last hope for CM. 

In another thread there was a discussion in setups where the assertion was made that the rear wing in the game "didn't provide any benefit." Additionally it went on to suggest that there really is a basic setup that could be used across all tracks and cars. If this is the case then there is no use for telemetry. Can anyone who uses a PC and the telemetry mod tell us whether changes in the rear wing or other parts of the setup do have an impact?

They dont have much difference to be honest, I use the same set ups for most tracks bar Monaco and Singapore, the rear wing doesnt do much at all either.