Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CPU drivers don't use SC to pit

It's not a bug, but it doesn't work the way should be. Often F1 drivers use Safety Car to pit, but not on the game.

Not only that, but sometimes they pit too much when there's Safety Car. Sometimes on the lasts 5 or 6 laps with perfectly good compounds.

These things make races much more easier than should be. I'm a Sauber driver on Career Mode, 100% difficulty with no assists. 2nd and 5th positions in the lasts 2 races because of these problems.

Hope you guys can address it for 1.8 patch. Anyway, the game is AWESOME!

I Absolutelly agree, this happens to me during this season career with mclaren, my 2 wins on the season has been due to this.... i really needed some points so this has been welcome, however is really acward to see the safety car just leaving, and immediately after seeing the whole grid to pit  

Yeah this has been a problem forever I believe.

It'd be great if they would implement proper strategy changes under SC.
That and fixing AI going to pit again like 1-3 laps before the end, they wouldn't usually do this in real life unless absolutely necessary.

They tend to pit the lap after, lol. Luckily I hate racing with a safety car, otherwise this would annoy me no end.

Yeah this has been a problem forever I believe.

It'd be great if they would implement proper strategy changes under SC.
That and fixing AI going to pit again like 1-3 laps before the end, they wouldn't usually do this in real life unless absolutely necessary.
How in this world someone would disagree with that?

The F1 community on this forum have some serious problems lol

Of course you're right. CPU drivers looks like they don't change pit strategy when we have SC. CM should looke at this more careful. Would be awesome and challenging.

This is why i turned the safety car off... it's a shame, but otherwise it's just too easy to exploit it and get a good result.

Just doesn't give me the same satisfaction.

I won in China IN A BLOODY RENAULT because of this lol and finished 4th in Australia (another SC) , now since the weak A.I after patch 1.6 ive beaten my team mate in the rivalry and they've given me bloody Kyvat as my next rival because im 'performing' so well  lol

25% race around Baku for me, SC came out Lap 4 of 13, which was my pit window (I expect the AIs was lap 5 or 6), Ricciardo and I were the only ones who pitted, the rest of the field pitted on Lap 7ish, which gave me a simple win in a Williams on tough AI (for me at least). I agree the AI need to be a bit more intelligent when it comes to the SC. Jeff told me to pit, so the intelligence is there, the other AI drivers don't seem to do it though.

It happened to me as well. If you want a challenge you shouldn't pit as well (which makes no sense). Maybe they can fix that.

Anyway, the game is awesome :)