Sign in to follow this  

Need help

Ok before I get in this I should say that I consider myself good at racing games like gran turismo, forza,  f1 2010 and 2012 among other games

I can't drive in f1 2013 ps3 at all.  I have all assists on except braking assist yet when I go into corners I either brake too hard and have too much understeer, catch wheel spin or go straight into a wall. I can't use my late braking style I've used for other games, I got the game weeks ago and  close to giving up. I was good at 2010 and 2012 so it's frustrating

Hi I had the same problem after playing 2012, I think codemasters actually got this one right as in 2012 2011 and 2010 the teams where using Blown diffusers but they where banned for 2013, a blown diffuser uses the engine as a air pump in corners by cutting half the cylinders which fire and therefor allowing the application of throttle in corners to blow air onto the diffuser from the exhaust system which in turn creates down force and increasing corner speeds, and I will say that 2013 was well over scripted and its clear that in career mode you will only be allowed to achieve what the game scripting permits, example: my first season in a torro rosso at Barcelona in dry conditions I was about half race distance running mid pack and pitted for fresh rubber but I pitted before the scheduled pit stop , by the end of my out lap my tyres where shot and I had to pit again , now this has happened on several races since and is a clear indication of game scenario scripting and I believe this seriously lets this game down , I will say that as you progress it does get better as I am now at the end of my third season but its the first one I have won after winning challenges and eventually getting into a red bull . and ok I know this probably wont help but you just have to persevere and keep at it as as each season passes it gets better. I have just acquired 2014 which is much better to PLAY with (up to yet) no scripting. so I doubt I will go back to 2013 because compared to 2012 and 2014 its pretty naff  good luck