Sign in to follow this  

Need help

Ok before I get in this I should say that I consider myself good at racing games like gran turismo, forza,  f1 2010 and 2012 among other games

I can't drive in f1 2013 ps3 at all.  I have all assists on except braking assist yet when I go into corners I either brake too hard and have too much understeer, catch wheel spin or go straight into a wall. I can't use my late braking style I've used for other games, I got the game weeks ago and  close to giving up. I was good at 2010 and 2012 so it's frustrating

you arent good at racing if you have all those assists on and cant drive well in other games the assists will probably be automatically on which makes you think you are good.

You are probably using a pad by the sounds of it, make sure you brake then turn and use racing line for now, feather the throttle, dont press it down straight away, do it gradually.
You are carrying too much speed through the corners and having racing line on will help a lot, do a stable lap first not a fast lap and build it up.

I don't use assists in gran turismo other than a racing line as sometimes I space out

Yeah I want a steering wheel but short on money. So should I tap it or slowly ease into it?  What about braking? 

For braking pres sit fully down and release the trigger as yo uget slower to prevent locking up, then do the opposite for the throttle 

Alright I'll give that a try later cause my main issue is I lock up constantly too and it's bad ha. Thanks for the help :) I'll leave the question open for a day in case anyone has other tips and if I need more help

Sound's like you are either braking to late which is forcing you wide or you are braking to much then locking the wheels up. Try to just do laps at first and not worry about your pace compared with AI or friends, the moment I try to do a fast lap I'm slow if you know what I mean (push to much) Try to think that the corner starts as soon as you apply the brakes as if your to early you will loose time through corner speed but if your to late you will miss the apex then loose time waiting to get on the throttle. The trick to braking late is applying 100% pressure to begin with then as you come down the gears keep release pressure slightly from 4th-3rd gear as this will prevent the wheels locking up and if you do it should only be a minor 1 so wont loose to much time. If you can get the braking right the rest will come good in time :) The way id say to practice is turn all assists off as you never find the limit with abs and tc, go to gp mode (TT has loads of grip so not good imo to learn the grip) only do practice sessions and spend the hour finding where you need to brake for each corner. A good guide is looking at the 150, 100, 50 braking meter board, example brake at the 100m board if you run wide next time brake approx 105m  and so on untill you nail the apex of the corner. The replay system comes in handy as you can watch when you brake and how that allowed you to take the corner. I know I might sound abit rude now but do you have a rough idea of where you need to brake and what gear to be in for the tracks? only reason I ask is if you dont it will def help just to have a look at the hotlap vids that are on the garage screen as they will give you a good starting point, even better if you watch the real onboards  on youtube and such! Soz bout long post but I find it hard explaining things in little sentences lol!