Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 video from Giant Bomb

Wow, this video re-confirms my opinion that this is exactly the 2013 game with 10 new cars, 2 tracks and some scenarios. The equivalent of 2 DLC's. Shouldn't be more than €15, and they charge it as a full game. Ridiculous. I have bought every Codemasters F1 game, but I'm definitely not buying this. I already have this game with more content (classic cars) 

They have hardly any idea about formula one..
They have hardly any idea about what they can see in front of them half the time. “Red Bull Ring isn’t there”, he says as he scrolls past it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzaVxdDsWk
That evaluation test is totally pointless and lacking in atmosphere and tension!!!
I don't think it's meant to have those things anyway it's only there to give you a recommendation about what  you should be doing. Besides this is just a game so it's not that bad suer it's lacking some features we want but I still think it'll be fun to play.

That evaluation test is totally pointless and lacking in atmosphere and tension!!!
I don't think it's meant to have those things anyway it's only there to give you a recommendation about what  you should be doing. Besides this is just a game so it's not that bad suer it's lacking some features we want but I still think it'll be fun to play.
Yes mate i agree and i'm looking forward to the game a lot! Just watched the 25% race at the Red Bull Ring with the Williams and i like the way the race plays out! It's just a shame CM wasted time with the Evaluation Test instead of concentrating on something more worthwhile!! But looking forward to 2 weeks from now!

They have hardly any idea about what they can see in front of them half the time. “Red Bull Ring isn’t there”, he says as he scrolls past it.

What about the bit where one of them says "the brakes and steering is very weird" yet has braking and steering assist on.. 

What about the bit where one of them says "the brakes and steering is very weird" yet has braking and steering assist on.. 
Yes mate but seeing they didn't have a clue i wouldn't take this all to seriously. Hard to believe these 2 are games players!!!

Yes mate but seeing they didn't have a clue i wouldn't take this all to seriously. Hard to believe these 2 are games players!!!
One of whom reviews the F1 games for Gamespot every year, and will be reviewing this one as well. As if we needed reminding that reviewers don't always pay as much attention to what they're reviewing as we (and developers) would like...

Amazing new "evaluation system" is something to be very proud of,  right Steve

Yes mate i agree and i'm looking forward to the game a lot! Just watched the 25% race at the Red Bull Ring with the Williams and i like the way the race plays out! It's just a shame CM wasted time with the Evaluation Test instead of concentrating on something more worthwhile!! But looking forward to 2 weeks from now!
BTW what's he talking about at 18:59??? BUT IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STIFF!!!! LOL :smiley: 

One of whom reviews the F1 games for Gamespot every year, and will be reviewing this one as well. As if we needed reminding that reviewers don't always pay as much attention to what they're reviewing as we (and developers) would like...
But how can professional games players/testers/reviewers play a racing game with a control pad??? Use a wheel surely!!!

5 games in and they still don't have tyre blankets in the garage. They just pick them up off the floor and plonk them on. Don't even use wheel guns!! 
You really care about that shit so much? What needs improving is the online aspect not single player and stupid aesthetics like that

5 games in and they still don't have tyre blankets in the garage. They just pick them up off the floor and plonk them on. Don't even use wheel guns!! 
You really care about that shit so much? What needs improving is the online aspect not single player and stupid aesthetics like that

tbh I think everything needs improving Single player as well but they can only do so much with this gen of systems given their age.

In your opinion maybe but to some ppl the little things like that are important, Im not saying spend months programming animations but its quite annoying that little things like this are never changed! I notice paul jeal is still a jack man or tyre man depending on team and every other enginner in the garage is the same as last year also. You really belive online leagues are the target audience? Id guess less than 25% of the ppl who buy the game race online seriously as most ppl want a pick up and smash kind of game online not the kind of online requests that league racers want! I agree improve online as it does need something new but to have practice sessions and dedicated servers just for leagues is a waste of game space and money imo as who is going to practice online if there not in a league?

Well if you were to make better use of your brain, you would realise that matt is eluding to the lack of detail in the game. Something which other developers pay a lot of attention to.

"It's a preview build and it seems to have most of the game in it."  - Yeah, I've got that too.  It's called F1 2013.