Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unserved Stop-Go Penalty only adds 5 seconds to race time?

Just had a race where Ricciardo got a Stop-Go Penalty on Lap 18 (of 29). He didn't serve it, which is a bug in itself, but at the end of the race only 5 seconds was added to his race time. That's absurd.

The stop go mechanic isn’t true to life. The game basically runs it as a 5s time penalty that mandates a pit stop. AFAIK, in real F1 you are not allowed the service the car under a stop-go, but the game allows you to, meaning in the respect it’s basically just a 5s time penalty.

Correct, in a stop-go penalty you're not allowed the service the car at all. Have to come in, stop for 10 seconds, go back out. So it's a significant penalty.

Yes that was an unfortunate error in terminology within the game - these should be called Time Penalties not Stop-Go Penalties

These 5 second penalties are actually done correct in the game.
In F1 they hold the car for 5 seconds when they come in for their planned stop. If no more stops are planned they just add the 5 seconds after the race.
The game does it according to the rules.

Dont have to come in pits to serve a 5 sec stop go can have time added at end of race if want as is the way it works in real life

I also had this. Also with Ricciardo. A stop and go will cost you at least 30 seconds (20 sec. pitlane plus 10 sec. stop). CM need to fix this.
I also see 3 second time penalties in the game. As far as I know, that doesn't exist in RL.

There are 2 different stop and go penalties.
5 second stop and go or 10 second stop and go.
The 5 Second stop and go penalty is really just a 5 second penalty, so it is actually the lowest penalty possible(RL) during a race. This penalty can be done during an actuall pitstopp, because it should only be a 5 second penalty.
10 seconds stop and go is the higjest penalty possible, you are supposed to lose around 30-35 seconds... that's why you can't do it during a pitstopp

Yeah, 5s isn't stop and go, can be served when in the pits or added on afterwards. Shouldn't be called a stop and go if the game is calling it so. Should be an easy fix, seems likes it's working correctly but badly named.

3 defined penalties are:
5 sec
10 sec
10 sec Stop-and-Go
Time penalties are served in the next 3 laps, but not during a VSC or safety car has left pitlane - unless car has crossed pit line before.
They must wait the penalty time before any work commences - eg change tyres are allowed in the same stop.
Time penalties can be applied at the end of race, only if there are no more planned pitstops.  - it is unclear what happens if one is needed to repair damage - stewards call i guess.

The Stop and Go penalty is that, 10 sec stop in box, no work can be done. Must be served in next 3 laps, see above for VSC and safety car deployed. Can not be left for end of race.

Other penalties can be made by the stewards, so yes giving a 3 sec time penatly is possible, its stewards decsion.

IanX said:
3 defined penalties are:
5 sec
10 sec
10 sec Stop-and-Go
Time penalties are served in the next 3 laps, but not during a VSC or safety car has left pitlane - unless car has crossed pit line before.
They must wait the penalty time before any work commences - eg change tyres are allowed in the same stop.
Time penalties can be applied at the end of race, only if there are no more planned pitstops.  - it is unclear what happens if one is needed to repair damage - stewards call i guess.

The Stop and Go penalty is that, 10 sec stop in box, no work can be done. Must be served in next 3 laps, see above for VSC and safety car deployed. Can not be left for end of race.

Other penalties can be made by the stewards, so yes giving a 3 sec time penatly is possible, its stewards decsion.

So the stewards can make up there own penalties? Never seen another time penalty than the ones you said. It's always 1 of those 4 penalties. 

Raalte said:
So the stewards can make up there own penalties? Never seen another time penalty than the ones you said. It's always 1 of those 4 penalties. 
Actually I only listed the 3 main that were being discussed I did forget the Drive through penatly.

Yes they have a list of penalties, 7 in total.  "A time penalty." is listed, I have seen them used when someone fails to return a place after passing cutting corners.
The final 2 are Reprimand and Drop of grid place next event.

Nesjamag said:
These 5 second penalties are actually done correct in the game.
In F1 they hold the car for 5 seconds when they come in for their planned stop. If no more stops are planned they just add the 5 seconds after the race.
The game does it according to the rules.
That's not a stop go penalty though is it? It is a time penalty.  So if these guys are saying that the AI got a stop / go penalty that wasn't served (and didn't result in a DSQ)then that is a bug.
However if they have just mis interrupted the penalty they are not being helpful by posting it as a bug. 

IanX said:
Raalte said:
Actually I only listed the 3 main that were being discussed I did forget the Drive through penatly.

Yes they have a list of penalties, 7 in total.  "A time penalty." is listed, I have seen them used when someone fails to return a place after passing cutting corners.
The final 2 are Reprimand and Drop of grid place next event.

I figured out the drive through as the 4th one.
Saw time penalties in RL for cutting and not giving good back the position. Always it was 5 sec. Never saw any other number in time penalties than 5 or 10. In the game I see alot of 3.
Can you name a RL situation where a driver received a time penalty other than 5 or 10?

Stop-go is different from Stop and Go. 

Stop misunderstanding the rules and call it a bug. 

A 5 sec Stop-go can be served on pit stop, if not, it’s added 5 sec after the race. 

Either way you are going to have a 5 secs penalty. 

You are not obliged to come into the pits. 

A 5 sec Stop-go can be served on pit stop, if not, it’s added 5 sec after the race. 

The game called it an unserved stop & go. In my case Ricciardo got the stop and go for a severe collision. He got a 5 second time penalty for the unserved stop & go. Both incidents were in the race director incident list.

And you don't call that a bug? I know the difference between stop-go and stop & go. 

Wrongly labeled? You say he didn't got a stop and go for the severe collision but just a 5 second time penalty? Could be. But in f1 2016 I saw multiple stop and go's for severe collisions and that were real stop and go's.

I still go with the wrong penalty for an unserved stop and go.  

this problem of double penalty with unserved stop-go, only happens with AI and not with the player. with the patches there is always something that gets ruined ..

mixmax83 said:

this problem of double penalty with unserved stop-go, only happens with AI and not with the player. with the patches there is always something that gets ruined ..

Happens online tho. Also it will always say double but from experience atleast online only ever applies 1. 

echo321 said:
There are 2 different stop and go penalties.
5 second stop and go or 10 second stop and go.
The 5 Second stop and go penalty is really just a 5 second penalty, so it is actually the lowest penalty possible(RL) during a race. This penalty can be done during an actuall pitstopp, because it should only be a 5 second penalty.
10 seconds stop and go is the higjest penalty possible, you are supposed to lose around 30-35 seconds... that's why you can't do it during a pitstopp
you mean probably "drive trought" ? this is the biggest penality in the game --10 seconds stop / go are basicly same like 5 sec....

I know this is an old thread but the issue still exists in the 2018 game. So I've been looking to see how far back the problem goes.
To your point A stop-go and a stop and go ARE the same.

There are time penalties which you can serve at a pit stop or have added onto your time at the end of the race. These allow you to enter the pits, stop for the penalty time and then have your team work on the car like a normal pitstop. So the time you lose is just the duration of the time penalty.
Some may argue well you stop and you go but you don't, you stop, get work done and then go. The only difference to a normal pit stop is the time penalty.

Then there are stop/go or stop and go penalties when you have to enter the pits, stop at your pit box (previously it seemed to be the pit exit), then you are released after the 10 seconds to rejoin the race. No work can be done on your car during this penalty. So you lose around 30s of time.

Kyvat serving one in 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSDf0w7rKsg

Here is the F1 glossary, note only one entry for stop-go.
https://www.formula1.com/en/championship/inside-f1/glossary.html

And the FIA regulations if you want to look in more detail.
https://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110

Again only one entry for stop and go no separate one for Stop-go.