Sign in to follow this  

Manual with Clutch/ 2 separate clutch settings.

Hey Guys I play f1 2017 on a logitech weel it has a clutch foot pedal but no clutch finger paddles, I was wondering why there is a manual clutch option and just regular clutch option, and 2 separate options for the clutch, I want to make it as real and hard as possible, at the moment i just use a button for the clutch does that mean its easier? Is it better to have a thrustmaster wheel ? On the thrustmaster wheel can you us clutch paddles instead of just a normal button on the logitech, thanks 

Haven't been fiddling with this yet. I have a Fanatec CSW with clutch pedal and shifter. Used it briefly yesterday but didn't look into the clutch options since it worked fine. Using a pedal as a clutch seems the most realistic option. If money is no option, go for Fanatec, otherwise Thrustmaster is good too.

You can set the right/left paddle. The G29 has it by default. It is by far the most realistic option...

On trustmaster f1 my clutch is just the paddles. So I pull one of them and then release...very realistic and fast!

Kane456 said:
Hey Guys I play f1 2017 on a logitech weel it has a clutch foot pedal but no clutch finger paddles, I was wondering why there is a manual clutch option and just regular clutch option, and 2 separate options for the clutch, I want to make it as real and hard as possible, at the moment i just use a button for the clutch does that mean its easier? Is it better to have a thrustmaster wheel ? On the thrustmaster wheel can you us clutch paddles instead of just a normal button on the logitech, thanks 
I haven't tested this but I believe there are two clutches because of modern f1 cars and historic F1 being different.  So in modern cars you can set the sequential gear shifter to be the clutch as well by holding it and then releasing it when you want to launch.  

However in old F1 cars they actually had a gear shifter and therefore had three pedals like a normal road car.  This is believed to be one of the many reasons Senna was so good because he had a fantastic heel to toe technique (using his left foot to operate the clutch and his right foot to press the brake and the accelerator at the same time to keep his revs up and get maximum torque from the turbo which used to have hourendous lag in low revs).  So you should set that clutch pedal to your third pedal and for ultimate realism you should have a H pattern shifter as well.

hope that helps

Using modern cars the clutch pedal works as such for launch (with fanatec that is). I presume that the Thrustmaster clutch pedal does the same, provinding you have a set with a clutch pedal.