Sign in to follow this  

2017 "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this" Malaysia GP

You know, for a team that was so focused on reliability, this has been a shameful weekend for Ferrari.

Hey, I told him to believe mate.           

Man, this is making me want to buy the game so bad.

Lol....

Id be happy with Hamilton finishing second. Plus I’d love Max to win, he’s had rubbish luck and rammed off the track by the Ferrari’s so he deserves a win.

I’m thinking we’re looking at a probable Red Bull 1-2, with Hamilton likely in 3rd and Vettel maybe 4th with the current pace of Bottas.

AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED
AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED
AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED
AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED
AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED
AMD AMX = BASED
MAD MAX = BASED

Great win for Max, he deserved that win. Yet another track where Ferrari were a lot faster than Mercedes, even though supposedly these tracks don’t suit the Ferrari. 

Not sure what Vettel was doing after the race, where was Stroll meant to go, he just held his line and Vettel turned into him, how bizarre.

Edit: I was wrong, totally Strolls fault, my bad.

THANK GOD FOR THAT HEINEKEN-SPONSORSHIP, I'M SURE TO DRINK SEVERAL COLD ONE WITH THE BOYS BEFORE BECOMING A MENACE ON THE ROADS LIKE MAD MAX

Nearly soiled myself laughing when I saw the Driver of the Day-graphic pop up at exactly that moment.

Hughesy said:
Great win for Max, he deserved that win. Yet another track where Ferrari were a lot faster than Mercedes, even though supposedly these tracks don’t suit the Ferrari. 

Not sure what Vettel was doing after the race, where was Stroll meant to go, he just held his line and Vettel turned into him, how bizarre.
Look at it again, Seb holds his line and Stroll suddenly goes straight in the corner.

Would be helpful to have Stroll's onboard, of course.

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but Merc's pace is starting to worry me a lot. Yeah, the gap is now up to 34 pts, but let's face it, Vettel would have walked this one with Kimi in 2nd and Lewis in 4th at best if it wasn't for unreal luck for the reds. RB and Ferrari have made a step forward, Merc seems to have gone backwards. I won't panic until Suzuka, but it's worrying right now. Ferrari had the faster car in 3 of the last 4 races.

Surprisingly good result in the end, Ricciardo and Bottas couldn't touch their team mates. Honestly Bottas was awful, his worst performance by far.

And Stroll is an absolute moron, decided to just drive straight into the side of him. If Vettel is getting a penalty for that (gearbox), Stroll deserves a bigger one for being a tool.

https://streamable.com/bom3m

Yep, this is completely on Stroll. If Seb's gearbox is damaged, the FIA almost have to grant him a change without a penalty. What a Canadian muppet.

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but Merc's pace is starting to worry me a lot. Yeah, the gap is now up to 34 pts, but let's face it, Vettel would have walked this one with Kimi in 2nd and Lewis in 4th at best if it wasn't for unreal luck for the reds. RB and Ferrari have made a step forward, Merc seems to have gone backwards. I won't panic until Suzuka, but it's worrying right now. Ferrari had the faster car in 3 of the last 4 races.
This is almost like the forum equivalent of Mercedes-team radio's about possible mechanical failures when they're clearly set to win the race dominantly.

But I will have to say that I do think it's not unrealistic to be concerned. In terms of pace, Malaysia was unexpected and Bottas' start and Kimi's DNS + Vettel's quali-issues saved Hamilton from a much worse result, where you'd say naturally that Mercedes would dominate it. Next race is in a week, so if things remain the same, Ferrari could get a 1-2 and Red Bull could finish above Mercedes on pure merit and if this keeps up for the races following that, this championship might not be over after all.

As of right now, it's starting to look like the best packages are with Ferrari and Red Bull. And a deficit of 34(?) points is a lot easier to make up if Vettel grabs wins while Hamilton has to settle for 4th/5th places.

I'm not saying we're going to have to eat some humble pie just yet, but I'm saying you can start coming up with a recipe though.