Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this" Malaysia GP

If the Ferrari is indeed a better car and Red Bull are able to beat Merc even a couple of times, we really could see a great last 5 races. 

As a pessimist however, I just can't bring myself to get to hopeful ;)

https://streamable.com/bom3m

Yep, this is completely on Stroll. If Seb's gearbox is damaged, the FIA almost have to grant him a change without a penalty. What a Canadian muppet.
Fair play, I was wrong, hadn’t seen that angle before, totally Strolls fault. Wasn’t really a need to angrily disagree my post though.

https://streamable.com/bom3m

Yep, this is completely on Stroll. If Seb's gearbox is damaged, the FIA almost have to grant him a change without a penalty. What a Canadian muppet.
Wow that onboard from the other car just really shows it, Lancey boy going on a Stroll to Narnia or something?

And yet the stewards have said no further action, that’s not going to go down well at all.

Hughesy said:
Fair play, I was wrong, hadn’t seen that angle before, totally Strolls fault. Wasn’t really a need to angrily disagree my post though.
The reaction button's are there for a reason and that's to show our opinion to the post if we feel we want to. If it's a big issue though I'll remove mine now, given you've seen the light. 

I'm just depressed, this weekend could've been everything for Ferrari and it's yielded a 4th place. I'm not bothered about "damage limitation". 

In the cold light of this season I will see it's been a good one for Ferrari. They've surpassed all the expectations that we all had going in to the season, and there's been some great moments. But right now I just want it to end. 

I understand that, but at least argue the point first, that’s what a discussion is for   ;) 
After seeing that angle I can’t understand the stewards doing nothing about it..

To lighten the mood, here’s my dog watching F1, he literally watched the whole race as he loves fast moving objects :joy: The picture is a bit dark

He seemed to get most excited when Max took  the lead, must be a Max fan :joy:

Nope because I didn’t make a sound, as I wasn’t fussed with him losing the lead. ;)

Seems like Vettel will be getting a 5 place penalty next race. The sport is such a joke sometimes, it's comical. Another race Vettel doesn't stand a chance of winning, literally all Hamilton has to do is turn up. 

And Stroll doesn't even get a penalty for it? FIA...

AMS97KRR said:
Seems like Vettel will be getting a 5 place penalty next race. The sport is such a joke sometimes, it's comical. Another race Vettel doesn't stand a chance of winning, literally all Hamilton has to do is turn up. 

And Stroll doesn't even get a penalty for it? FIA...
Where are you getting that info from? Can't see anything on the usual F1 news sites.

Just a thought, the FIA outlawed drivers from getting lifts back on other F1 cars, so I'd guess he might be hit with a fine for doing that too.

Well, apparently Ferrari pointed out to the FIA that it happened post race, but the rules just state that any unscheduled gearbox change is a penalty. 

The hate spewing forth on the BBC comments is hilarious, I find it hard to believe these are actual people.

Lance Stroll lmao, Singapore & Malaysia must be like a bad dream for Ferrari

AMS97KRR said:
Surprisingly good result in the end, Ricciardo and Bottas couldn't touch their team mates. Honestly Bottas was awful, his worst performance by far.

And Stroll is an absolute moron, decided to just drive straight into the side of him. If Vettel is getting a penalty for that (gearbox), Stroll deserves a bigger one for being a tool.
I have to disagree with you on this one I'm afraid. In my opinion, it is not moronic to crash into Vettel to get a reduction in the cost of their 2018 MERCEDES engine at Williams. lol

Honestly though, hopefully they allow Vettel to slip through the loophole of 'finishing the race' as mentioned in the regulations.

Jiggy said:
Lance Stroll lmao, Singapore & Malaysia must be like a bad dream for Ferrari
To be honest, Malaysia may have been a good race for Ferrari in retrospect - Vettel now has a new PU, so this clearly is either going to force Mercedes to put a new PU in Hamilton's car, as his was put in at Spa, or alternatively Ferrari will have a massive advantage at the end of the season, as Mercedes will have to turn the engines down or be at risk of breakdowns.

If they do put a new PU in Hamilton's car, then anything less than 4th from the back, which will be a tall order against competitive Ferraris and Red Bulls, and that is effectively a few points advantage to Vettel.