Sign in to follow this  

2017 "What we tweeted was a factual description of events. No need to speculate on this" Malaysia GP

Not sure what I want to see more more, Ferrari making a fool of themselves for the second race in a row, or Hamilton's engine blowing up again....

Spoiler: Hamilton's engine blows, but then so does Vettel's.

Marcus Ericsson wins the race because Petronas does a heel turn on Mercedes to go back to their old love.

It's the final Malaysian GP, I feel we're due a shock result like that to send it off with a bang. Come on Marcus!

My response to their tweet blew up and killed my notifications for a solid 24 hours. Still can't believe they said that...

Malaysia is the most underrated circuit on the calendar. High attrition rate, unpredictable weather and probably in the top 3 for racing. I'm going to miss it. 

It's also one of Hamilton's least successful circuits. And one of Vettel's most successful. With Mercedes' likely to dominate Suzuka it's now or 2018 for Ferrari. 

SynGamer said:
My response to their tweet blew up and killed my notifications for a solid 24 hours. Still can't believe they said that...
Just had a look haha.. 2.4k likes! That's insane 

Lukedfrt said:
SynGamer said:
Just had a look haha.. 2.4k likes! That's insane 
Yeah, it was insane. The amount of people who said Max should have braked was what surprised me the most. When you look at the replays, it's clear VET and RAI were going to collide if they had properly cleared Max.

It's because it's Max. It was like that for Maldonado too, at some point he was getting blamed for accidents that legit weren't his fault.

So Pierre Gasly is replacing Daniil Kvyat for Malaysia. Looks like telling the team to shut up and then crash 2 laps later, on two seperate occassions, is about all they could take from him.

Not that surprising, looking at his performances, but I don't think highly of Gasly as a talent either, so yeah. We'll see.

Makes sense to get Gasly in there for a few races, it gives him time to get up to speed before a full on attack in 2018.

I felt bad for Kvyat when he was dropped by Red Bull last year, but you have to say he's just not delivered at all since then. Kvyat's doing a worse job against Sainz than even Palmer is against Hulkenberg, it's right for him to go.

But what are they gonna do for next year with Sainz leaving for Renault? There's no one in the young driver programme who's ready. Surely they can't keep Kvyat again. Personally I'd like to see Buemi have another crack at F1. I know he's been out of it for a few years, but he's still young at 28, has loads of experience from WEC and Formula E, and is a champion in both.

That experience could help them with feedback to Honda for engine development too tbh. Buemi is not a bad pick with that in mind.

MBKF1 said:
Makes sense to get Gasly in there for a few races, it gives him time to get up to speed before a full on attack in 2018.

I felt bad for Kvyat when he was dropped by Red Bull last year, but you have to say he's just not delivered at all since then. Kvyat's doing a worse job against Sainz than even Palmer is against Hulkenberg, it's right for him to go.

But what are they gonna do for next year with Sainz leaving for Renault? There's no one in the young driver programme who's ready. Surely they can't keep Kvyat again. Personally I'd like to see Buemi have another crack at F1. I know he's been out of it for a few years, but he's still young at 28, has loads of experience from WEC and Formula E, and is a champion in both.
I would love to see both Alguersuari and Buemi back in the team.

https://youtu.be/Rr0JEltbQUg

Well, they did it. They posted a full race on the official YouTube channel, and what a cracker it is, too. (Though, it is only going to be up for 19 days, so you know, better get those YouTube downloaders going!)

Here's hoping they post more classic races in the future. Or, you know, make their entire archive finally accessible.

I love that old intro sequence. Brings back memories of when I was a toddler watching F1 with my dad!

MBKF1 said:

I would love to see both Alguersuari and Buemi back in the team.
Alguersuari has retired so won't be back, I'd like Da Costa to finally get a turn.

Clearly, given Merc's pace today, this championship is so over for Vettel. 
You're doing this on purpose because, after Singapore, you're hoping you'll jinx Vettel into another DNF again, right?

I'm on to you Colt, they've fixed the drain. B)

Clearly, given Merc's pace today, this championship is so over for Vettel. 
Yeah, even Alonso was faster than them, so maybe he'll come back and take the title. 

You gotta admit though, everytime you claim the WDC to be over for Vettel only followed by him taking pole or Ferrari having the car to beat next race your claims look more and more... out of touch with reality. 

Vettel needs a new engine.

You know who I'm blaming for this now, right?

It's Jesus.

You gotta admit though, everytime you claim the WDC to be over for Vettel only followed by him taking pole or Ferrari having the car to beat next race your claims look more and more... out of touch with reality. 
Oh no, the horror. Lewis might finish 3rd in this race. Can you imagine? The Mercs clearly still have the better overall package, but slight trouble with their setup. This is horrible! The Mercs are not finishing every race with 60+ seconds in hand compared to the rest of the field.

#notsoblessed