Sign in to follow this  

New PS3 Gameplay, Legend AI, No Assists, 50%

Legend AI is different in every track, at Melbourne for example is hard (for me) reach Q2 with McLaren!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI6YczhK3t0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMPnSmIV2Q

hmmmmmmmmmm... If that is legend then the AI look easy to over take, Ferrari breezing past a Williams with no DRS and McLaren over taking Alonso round the outside

Rayg1979 said:
hmmmmmmmmmm... If that is legend then the AI look easy to over take, Ferrari breezing past a Williams with no DRS and McLaren over taking Alonso round the outside
It isnt legend, it will be expert, plus do you hear any wheel spin or see any lock ups? Assists off my ass, and its auto aswell so im pretty sure auto with no traction = wheelspin hell 

Rayg1979 said:
It isnt legend, it will be expert, plus do you hear any wheel spin or see any lock ups? Assists off my ass, and its auto aswell so im pretty sure auto with no traction = wheelspin hell 
I hope so... :|

Hopefully your right, I must admit ive seen enough for me to buy this on release day now :-)

After all the complaining about being a cut and paste game it looks good enough to me

You're right no way is this legend AI!!! The guy wants us to believe that he's better than her really is!!! A big clue are the lap times of all the AI at the end of the race...... They should be able to do better than 1:52s (except the Mercs) after 22 laps!!! Intermediate/Expert level for me this is!!

Hell of a good driver
Sarcasm???? Regarding my previous comment look at this online gameplay from Suzuka..... How the car is moving around so much with assists off............ This guy in the 2 videos looks good because he has all assists on, if not he'd be spinning at every corner!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G349ZTvDNCs&list=UUM3DBVScYe6VDWwc7nEI71A

I don't know about F1 2013, but on F1 2012, Abu Dhabi Legend's fastest laps are mostly 1:45, and Professional is mostly 1:47. Also, Spa Legend's fastest laps are mostly 1:52, and Professional is mostly 1:54. He also mentions that Melbourne is hard for him. Well, on F1 2012, the Legend AI perform better in Australia, Malaysia, Catalunya, Silverstone, Hungary, and Suzuka. I think he tells the truth.

There are plenty of boring videos on youtube of guys racing against Legend AI and unsurprisingly just take advantage of AI's inability to brake at the correct time. These are two examples.

I don't know the pace of Legend AI myself because I only play F1 2012, but I am surprised at people not believing that this is Legend due to the difficulty that the driver had. Hasn't Legend always been too easy? Haven't AI always sucked at attacking/defending? Haven't people been hoping for tougher AI? Why now do people overestimate Legend AI's ability?

Stevomock said:
I don't know about F1 2013, but on F1 2012, Abu Dhabi Legend's fastest laps are mostly 1:45, and Professional is mostly 1:47. Also, Spa Legend's fastest laps are mostly 1:52, and Professional is mostly 1:54. He also mentions that Melbourne is hard for him. Well, on F1 2012, the Legend AI perform better in Australia, Malaysia, Catalunya, Silverstone, Hungary, and Suzuka. I think he tells the truth.

There are plenty of boring videos on youtube of guys racing against Legend AI and unsurprisingly just take advantage of AI's inability to brake at the correct time. These are two examples.

I don't know the pace of Legend AI myself because I only play F1 2012, but I am surprised at people not believing that this is Legend due to the difficulty that the driver had. Hasn't Legend always been too easy? Haven't AI always sucked at attacking/defending? Haven't people been hoping for tougher AI? Why now do people overestimate Legend AI's ability?
Ok mate but in the races i've done at Spa recently on F1 2013, myself and the legend AI get into the the 1:48s/49s in the closing laps.... Sure the cars are about a second slower this year for the rule changes (Hatta has confirmed the cars are a touch slower in 2014 for the said rule changes), but i'm convinced the guy is not on legend difficulty! And of course he has all assists on, worth 2 seconds a lap!!!

Stevomock said:

Ok mate but in the races i've done at Spa recently on F1 2013, myself and the legend AI get into the the 1:48s/49s in the closing laps.... Sure the cars are about a second slower this year for the rule changes (Hatta has confirmed the cars are a touch slower in 2014 for the said rule changes), but i'm convinced the guy is not on legend difficulty! And of course he has all assists on, worth 2 seconds a lap!!!
After checking out a race result of Spa on F1 2013, I saw that the AI could get 1:50 and under, so I could believe that these two videos aren't Legend. I wouldn't be surprised either way though, Legend or Expert. I hope it's not though. I'd like to drive some of the better cars because I like them more, but it's too boring sitting in an easy 1st place the whole race.

Stevomock said:
Stevomock said:

After checking out a race result of Spa on F1 2013, I saw that the AI could get 1:50 and under, so I could believe that these two videos aren't Legend. I wouldn't be surprised either way though, Legend or Expert. I hope it's not though. I'd like to drive some of the better cars because I like them more, but it's too boring sitting in an easy 1st place the whole race.
Watch this video..... Informative stuff and as you can see how the car slides around so much unlike these videos from before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVEK7NofSRU#t=803

Another good video that shows the handling model well. You can see that the AI still seems to brake too early as he manages to do multiple double overtakes at turn 1. Also strange to see pitstops averaging 3.7 seconds which is way too slow. This gameplay also includes a safety car. Note this is from pc version. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhH8VAZOLH0

Chilza381 said:
Another good video that shows the handling model well. You can see that the AI still seems to brake too early as he manages to do multiple double overtakes at turn 1. Also strange to see pitstops averaging 3.7 seconds which is way too slow. This gameplay also includes a safety car. Note this is from pc version. http://youtube.com/watch?v=VhH8VAZOLH0
I have a feeling the pit stops are slow because the pit crew animation can't move quickly enough to do it in 2.5 like in real life!

guys, the problem is the first lap, after that the AI pace is good, the two Mercedes are very fast but you can easily beat them with Ferrari (at SPA at least... Melbourne is another thing)

proof is coming xD

Stevomock said:

AI in Spa did 1'47 in legend (ps3 version)

rada said:
Stevomock said:

Yep!! Agree with you there 1:47s on PS3!!

rada said:
Stevomock said:

I am talking about F1 2012 and am talking about race laps. Pole Positions were high 1:47s.