Sign in to follow this  

Please let us choose weather on Career

There's no reason to lock these settings on Career Mode. I hate to drive on wet conditions, I don't think this is funny at all and it's ruining my Career Mode experience.

Lots of drivers IRL hated rain and yet they could not turn it off. 

You don’t get full F1 experience without rain. It’s part of the sport. 

Not close to be a good argument since we can choose weather in others available modes on the game.

If we talk about F1 experience, let's talk about disable controllers, any assists and other things.

My personal preference would be hard code the current seasons completed races with the actual weather that occured, then leave the rest for dynamic.

Why not recreate the events weather for this season :)

IanX said:
My personal preference would be hard code the current seasons completed races with the actual weather that occured, then leave the rest for dynamic.

Nooooo. That's f1 championship season 2000 all over again. Would be pretty boring to know the weather beforehand. 

Not close to be a good argument since we can choose weather in others available modes on the game.

If we talk about F1 experience, let's talk about disable controllers, any assists and other things.
It is actually.. Career Mode is for the full experience as a F1 driver. So dynamic weather is a part of that. If you don't want to experience that, there is still a Grand Prix mode where you can change the weather how YOU want to. :)

Flazh92 said:

It is actually.. Career Mode is for the full experience as a F1 driver. So dynamic weather is a part of that. If you don't want to experience that, there is still a Grand Prix mode where you can change the weather how YOU want to. :)
That's makes absolutely no sense. I'm already had talked about it.

Following this argument, they should lock any controllers (ps4, xbox, etc.), because is PATHETIC to drive any car on a controller and you will never have the FULL EXPERIENCE of a  F1 driver driving on it. Not even close. CM should require a wheel to drive on Career Mode, since there's the only way to have a FULL EXPERIENCE on a racing game.

They should lock the option to disable SC and VSC since if you want the FULL EXPERIENCE, you need to deal with these bugged features on the game.

How in the hell you get the FULL EXPERIENCE by driving 15 minutes on FP? lol Or a single qualify event? lol And what about a 25% race? This is not a FULL EXPERIENCE.

They should lock any kind of assists too, since there's no TC on F1 since lasts decades and the same for ABS. That way you would never have the FULL EXPERIENCE of a F1 driver.

Flashback should locked in any Career Mode too, since obviously ruining the FULL EXPERIENCE that you're talking about.

R&D should not even exist since the driver is the last person on a F1 Team to choose any type of improvements. This is NOT a FULL EXPERIENCE of a F1 driver at all.

F1 driver rarely drive old F1 cars, especially these that aren't from your team. Again, this is not part of a FULL EXPERIENCE driver.

You see? The whole full experience is just a bad argument.

It's not the subject here, but the wet handling model of this game is absolutely terrible, the worst that I ever see in my life. On a wheel with all assists off is absolutely unrealistic handling. F1 2015 had a good handling mode on wet conditions and it was enjoyable to drive. But again, it's not the point here. Good or not, WE PLAYERS should choose if we want to play on rainy conditions or not. Just because there's not a single good reason to lock this. It's very simple. This option is everywhere on the game.

I agree! The should not lock that option. We should be able to customize it. The rain frequency is too high in this game, making it unrealistic. In real life we have no more than 2 wet races.

There's no reason to lock these settings on Career Mode. I hate to drive on wet conditions, I don't think this is funny at all and it's ruining my Career Mode experience.
Quit crying,  you bittch about everything all the time. If youre not good enough to play in the wet then quit playing!

Since youre so unhappy, then sell the game and gtfo, at least then we dont have to hear you whine about everything, everyday, all the time.

I agree. They should not lock that option. I play on dynamic all the time but i hate R&D. I run 100% races and i don't play carreer mode because of R&D. The race itself + qualify is already long and those practice programs make it too much combined. R&D on auto should be an option too.

I don't understand people complaining about the AI in the wet and then they turn out to be 25% players with some assists.

The 1:1 dry to wet scale is not good to me.

The AI in the wet is well calibrated for 100% and no assists (maybe even too hard). But it's not easy....

100% race distance is not 25%*4 or 50%*2. 

50% is not 25*2...

I can play 10-15 difficulty points higher in 25% compared to 100% pace. I the wet the actual gap is even biggr..

Flazh92 said:

Following this argument, they should lock any controllers (ps4, xbox, etc.), because is PATHETIC to drive any car on a controller and you will never have the FULL EXPERIENCE of a  F1 driver driving on it. Not even close. CM should require a wheel to drive on Career Mode, since there's the only way to have a FULL EXPERIENCE on a racing game.

They should lock the option to disable SC and VSC since if you want the FULL EXPERIENCE, you need to deal with these bugged features on the game.

How in the hell you get the FULL EXPERIENCE by driving 15 minutes on FP? lol Or a single qualify event? lol And what about a 25% race? This is not a FULL EXPERIENCE.

They should lock any kind of assists too, since there's no TC on F1 since lasts decades and the same for ABS. That way you would never have the FULL EXPERIENCE of a F1 driver.

Flashback should locked in any Career Mode too, since obviously ruining the FULL EXPERIENCE that you're talking about.

R&D should not even exist since the driver is the last person on a F1 Team to choose any type of improvements. This is NOT a FULL EXPERIENCE of a F1 driver at all.

F1 driver rarely drive old F1 cars, especially these that aren't from your team. Again, this is not part of a FULL EXPERIENCE driver.

It's not the subject here, but the wet handling model of this game is absolutely terrible, the worst that I ever see in my life. On a wheel with all assists off is absolutely unrealistic handling. F1 2015 had a good handling mode on wet conditions and it was enjoyable to drive. But again, it's not the point here. Good or not, WE PLAYERS should choose if we want to play on rainy conditions or not. Just because there's not a single good reason to lock this. It's very simple. This option is everywhere on the game.
*FULL EXPERIENCE (you forgot to CAPITALISE it on the second to last paragraph). 

To further the thread, it's not unrealistic for this to be an option. More choice is always better for players, I imagine when you have a smaller player base when designing or testing the game you miss things like this, because you may not see that anyone would want it. Low and behold, there's always people that want more choice. 

Flazh92 said:

Someone's triggered. Take a chill pill!

I think it's better to give the opportunity to choose the probability of rain from 0 to 100%

So far in career mode i've had just 7 completely dry races (out of 17 events), without counting rainy practice and qualifying sessions. I don't mind a little bit of rain but  imho there is too much of it and after a while it just gets frustrating.

I'm not saying we should be able to choose our own weather, but rain frequency should be reduced as it's not that realistic.

Personally I'd love this option! Sure a lot of people say about the RL feel but those people can simply ignore the option, in single player it wouldn't affect anyone else's experience while providing more personal customisation for the individual whatever their preference or ability.
Plus now we have Pro Career there is no reason why it can't be added as an option, regular career can be for anyone with mass options, and pro for the people who want the raw uncut experience. Pleasing everyone.

More assists? That one mod for 2013 that removed the rain was ridiculous enough already, and that's with 2013's rain being bugged beyond belief. Just get on with it.

IanX said:

I like that idea but not for career championship thow would be good idea be cool if the could recreate the races zimular to how the panned out but with bit unpredictably

I would love to disable rain in career mode. However not because I don't like it, because the AI are so ****ing slow in the rain. It just makes it too easy. It also make the practice programs way to easy as well.

I would love to disable rain in career mode. However not because I don't like it, because the AI are so ****ing slow in the rain. It just makes it too easy. It also make the practice programs way to easy as well.
Everyone that think like a normal people, not a retarded one, would like this option. Just like we like to choose assists, choose controller/wheel, choose graphics, choose SC, choose race, Q and FP lenghts, etc. That's what people that have good mental health are glad to have.

The game is incredible, but CM guys need to leave with players more options. Some people hate R&D, other hates wet conditions, others would hate to play without assists, etc.

About slow CPU on wet conditions. I can guarantee: not on a wheel, on 100% difficulty and without assists. They're good enough. It's drivable, but it's not fun because doesn't have the right feel. Strangely F1 2015 had a very good handling model, despite the bad IA performance. But again, this is not the subject here. This post is about OPTIONS that every play should choose.

Everyone that think like a normal people, not a retarded one, would like this option. Just like we like to choose assists, choose controller/wheel, choose graphics, choose SC, choose race, Q and FP lenghts, etc. That's what people that have good mental health are glad to have.

The game is incredible, but CM guys need to leave with players more options. Some people hate R&D, other hates wet conditions, others would hate to play without assists, etc.

About slow CPU on wet conditions. I can guarantee: not on a wheel, on 100% difficulty and without assists. They're good enough. But the handling mode on wet is TERRIBLE. But again, this is not the subject here. This post is about OPTIONS that every play should choose.

While I agree with your post, I somehow feel offended by it.