Sign in to follow this  

Driver Change Update?

Will Codemasters make Gasly available in the next update,  so you can drive with Sainz, Kwyat, ans Gasly? But they dient make it with Giovinazzi either:-(

Won't happen, they didn't switched Haryanto either last year.
yeah not likely to happen I'm afraid.CM tend to only do things like that while the game is in production but seeing as it's now left  that and is out in the wild it's harder for them to do.

rabbitbAJ said:
No it will not happen                                           
Agreed. They'd have to pay for someone to go and get the headscans.

So that will be a no.

Pretty sure Lee Mather said before that they tend to stick to the drivers who have been with the teams the longest over the course of the season. Highly unlikely that they’ll change any of the drivers now unfortunately.

They have to get more licences for the young or reserve drivers soon. That would make the game more authentic and they could react to changes during the Season.

Pretty sure Lee Mather said before that they tend to stick to the drivers who have been with the teams the longest over the course of the season. Highly unlikely that they’ll change any of the drivers now unfortunately.

That's what Lee said last year when people were asking about Haryanto/Ocon. 

Lee replied to someone asking about driver swaps on Twitter a few weeks ago  ... “We tend to retain the driver who has spent the most time with the team, unless they'd prefer otherwise, and we actually have a driver model.”

that last part is a bit teasing though isn’t it :smiley:

And that my friends means they should add Formula 2 to the game and add 3. Driver for everyteam.. Problem solved. 

I actually find it pretty realistic. I agree with Lee Mather. Plus it would require an option or at least they should leave those who were in Melbourne for carreer mode (it wouldn't be realistic...the fictional carreer starts with Melbourne 2017)

sirio994 said:
Giovinazzi was a momentary substitution. Gasly the same. It seems Kwyat will come back to the wheel...
Only while Gasly is racing Super Formula