Sign in to follow this  

The worst customer support I've ever seen

There are so many game breaking bugs in multiplayer, most of the responses from Codemasters asking us to spend our valuable time in creating videos, bug reports, crash logs, all the stuff they should be paying a QA team to do (but want us to do it for free, after we've paid for the game???). I'm sure there's a case somewhere here that they're not delivering on what was promised when we bought the game (for example, a working online mode). I think the last notable patch for last years game was middle of October, at the rate they're going we've got maybe one more patch left in this years game. It is absolutely incredible that they didn't play the multiplayer mode before they launched the game and I'm not surprised that the press were not given access to the online mode when they did their reviews.

I've bought almost all the Codemasters games over the last 5 years or so, but no more. I've run out of energy trying to help them fix this mess of a game. I'm sure there's probably one poor developer working on post launch support while the rest of the team is now working on next years game. Maybe next years game will add the new feature of a safety car in online championships?

Best holding off till after the release of this game for next year and tell as many people as possible to do the same, see how it goes with bugs etc and consider buying after depending on where the state of the game is at, something I will definatley be doing and have told as many people as possible.

MachOne1 said:
Best holding off till after the release of this game for next year and tell as many people as possible to do the same, see how it goes with bugs etc and consider buying after depending on where the state of the game is at, something I will definatley be doing and have told as many people as possible.
This.

I haven't bought F1 2017 and I don't plan to. I have no intention of supporting a dev who can't even got something like a full qualifying in a freaking F1 game right. Not to mention the numerous graphical glitches, safety car issues, multiplayer problems, or even making their stupid pre-order DLC available to those that purchased it.

Quite frankly I'm done with Codemasters. I'm not going to participate in their betas and I most certainly am not going to support them financially.

At least not until they finally establish a QA department that isn't looking like this: 

Every retail game release these days is effectively full-price early access to an incomplete and/or dysfunctional beta that may or may not eventually receive post-launch patches to address some of its issues.

That's why I never rush to buy newly-released games. It's always a better value & a better use of my gaming time to play it after it's patched (& possibly even discounted on sale).

Well, this was a waste of time. If you have an issue, take it up with codemasters, this whole 'but they don't listen' is a crock. They listened to the constant whinging this F1 community puts out, and put things in. You want a bad game, I'll name some, Rfactor 2, project cars 1-2, NASCAR heat 1. Stop whinging and appreciate that a game takes time to get right. Rfactor 2 has been around for 5 or so years, and is going backwards. Codemasters blow them out of the water. Lots of people whinge about online bugs, yet I watch online races, a lot of the issue is people with a potato as the internet, there are some bugs, but NOWHERE near as much as people are whinging and carrying on about. Instead of sitting here complaing, put suggestions forward as to how to fix it, if you cant, shut up and put up with it until the next update. This community, would have to have the WORST attitude to a game I have ever seen, its disgusting.

mceci1 said:
Well, this was a waste of time. If you have an issue, take it up with codemasters, this whole 'but they don't listen' is a crock. They listened to the constant whinging this F1 community puts out, and put things in. You want a bad game, I'll name some, Rfactor 2, project cars 1-2, NASCAR heat 1. Stop whinging and appreciate that a game takes time to get right. Rfactor 2 has been around for 5 or so years, and is going backwards. Codemasters blow them out of the water. Lots of people whinge about online bugs, yet I watch online races, a lot of the issue is people with a potato as the internet, there are some bugs, but NOWHERE near as much as people are whinging and carrying on about. Instead of sitting here complaing, put suggestions forward as to how to fix it, if you cant, shut up and put up with it until the next update. This community, would have to have the WORST attitude to a game I have ever seen, its disgusting.
I could argue against your post, I could complain about your blatant misuse of the flag system and how you flagged multiple posts of mine, but I will just go with what has been posted on your profile:

Seems about right.

mceci1 said:
I could argue against your post, I could complain about your blatant misuse of the flag system and how you flagged multiple posts of mine, but I will just go with what has been posted on your profile:

Seems about right.

Better get your facts right, I don't recall flagging someone for unwarranted reasons. I have done it to a couple who deserve it, but never to you as I have never seen anything that deserves flagging

I am beginning to wonder if some employees of Slightly Mad Studio and Turn 10 are trolling these forum pages trying to discredit every aspect of this game, because i don't recognize half the issues being raised and nor do the people I talk to.

The sheer breadth and scale of the problems some are experiencing, and while others are not, makes it feel like it is either an issue their end or blatant and scurrilous disinformation.

In short, how many people do have been put off buying the game because of the wall of noise regarding every little thing that posters don't like or don't understand or don't think work well?

Maybe not that many, but a general air of toxicity is prevailing and it isn't helpful.

Ask yourself if you can get an F1 experience in gaming better than this and if you can then go play it.

I am beginning to wonder if some employees of Slightly Mad Studio and Turn 10 are trolling these forum pages trying to discredit every aspect of this game, because i don't recognize half the issues being raised and nor do the people I talk to.

The sheer breadth and scale of the problems some are experiencing, and while others are not, makes it feel like it is either an issue their end or blatant and scurrilous disinformation.

In short, how many people do have been put off buying the game because of the wall of noise regarding every little thing that posters don't like or don't understand or don't think work well?

Maybe not that many, but a general air of toxicity is prevailing and it isn't helpful.

Ask yourself if you can get an F1 experience in gaming better than this and if you can then go play it.

It has a few minor issues, nothing to major, online has a couple of penalty glitches but nothing a new game doesn't have, a lot of people also have a potato as the internet or are in different countries which can hamper online performance. Even Iracing, arguably the best sim out has issues with its connections between say someone in Australia/NZ and someone in Florida or  England

mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:

Seems about right.

Better get your facts right, I don't recall flagging someone for unwarranted reasons. I have done it to a couple who deserve it, but never to you as I have never seen anything that deserves flagging
Because you sneakily removed the flags *after* I called you out on it and now you're making it sound like I'm making sh*t up.

Guess you really have problems acknowledging mistakes. Whether your own or those possible made by a developer.

mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:

Seems about right.

Because you sneakily removed the flags *after* I called you out on it and now you're making it sound like I'm making sh*t up.

Guess you really have problems acknowledging mistakes. Whether your own or those possible made by a developer.

Seems I accidently hit you instead of the person either above or below, appologies for that

mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:

Seems about right.

Seems I accidently hit you instead of the person either above or below, appologies for that
I'm calling bull on that.  

Look,I don't know what everyone is arguing about when it's really quite simple...the game has numerous faults and I don't care what they are...it should not have been released in the state it is and that is a fact!!!!!

blah blah blah blah 

I've had no issues with the game since release.

PCARS 2 on the other hand. I can't even enjoying hot lapping because of the ffb issues. Can't even save multiple setups without the game menus lagging. Keep getting wrong car setups on different tracks. 

To say F1 2017 is unplayable....

rabbitbAJ said:
mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:
mceci1 said:

Seems about right.

I'm calling bull on that.  

I really couldn't care less about what you call, I don't have a personal issue with him, so I am not going to make things hard for him, I have personal issues with very very few people on here. I suggest just minding your own business next time. The mistake I made is an easy thing to do on these forums with the amount of whinging and negative comments, unfortunately he had a comment caught between some bad comments

blah blah blah blah 

I've had no issues with the game since release.

PCARS 2 on the other hand. I can't even enjoying hot lapping because of the ffb issues. Can't even save multiple setups without the game menus lagging. Keep getting wrong car setups on different tracks. 

To say F1 2017 is unplayable....

One thing I have learnt, is there will always be those who never appreciate the game. I am a person who does very little computer work and more with sports, yet I know that making a game is a tough challenge, add this demanding community to it and its harder. F1 games, like almost everything, be it PC, PS4 or xbox 1 isn't a sim so it doesn't worry me too much. I am yet to see a decent sim, closest to real life is iracing, despite what the rfactor 2 clowns say