Sign in to follow this  

Flashbacks in online races Yes/No?

With no flashbacks, people who dont know where there goin, or intentional rammers, will very quickly be separated from the pack,  

With flashbacks they are able to keep within range of crashing into someone at every turn.  Annoying many in the process, and turning every turn into a crash. 

With no flashbacks, people who dont know where there goin, or intentional rammers, will very quickly be separated from the pack,  

With flashbacks they are able to keep within range of crashing into someone at every turn.  Annoying many in the process, and turning every turn into a crash. 

*Quote ends. Quoting is broken for me guys*

Leaving flashbacks on the main playlists will send all those who are interested in crash there. Then all you 'hardcore' players can go and make your own lobbies and such, and this
will deter the rammers from your lobbies. Isn't that something you want? If the official playlists had no flashbacks, then the rammers wouldn't care what playlist/lobby/server they are on, and they will ruin your races. But if there are flashbacks on the official 'uns, and not on your servers, it's quite obvious to where they want to go...

And as I said previously, the inclusion of flashbacks
does not encourage rammers, proven by the Formula one series. Public lobbies are going to be ramfests no matter what. You may have used this vote as some statistical proof, however the matter of fact is the majority of people who play this game will not be serious. This 'proof' only suggests that 86% of the people who voted on these forums do not want flash backs. The majority of those on these forums are those who would want to race properly and seriously. And what was said? Oh yes. The serious drivers are the sheer minority.

I voted no, it encourages people to be more careful, especially with permanent damage.

One thing intrigues me about the use of flashbacks in Autosport. In GRID 2, if you used a flashback after getting involved in a accident, the damage is reduced or non existent when you rewind. If you use a rewind at the correct time in GRID Autosport after a crash, does that mean cheaper repair bills?

Also, with the seruity of flashbacks, some players are more likely to go to fast into a turn, since they can use a flashback to save their bad decision.

With no flashback, players are more likely to learn the tracks and where they need to brake. Flashbacks do not encourage good racing online.

I believe flashbacks will be default in the playlists and thats that, I hope there will be a hardcore playlist- no flashbacks full damage like G2, however custom games will be set according to the hosts preferences - no upgrades, no flashback, damage on - off, we'll see.
 We didn't have playlists in Grid 1, all games were custom so lets hope a kind of regularity of setting happens so most custom events will be equal, come to think of it hopefully when setting a custom game the defaults from Codies will be say - no flashback, assists on, no upgrades etc.  to create a regular game experience over time, just choose event and distance and start.

I have never created a game online, so dont know which settings would be good as Im quite happy to join any race and get on with it. Maybe some suggestions for default race settings (out of the box) would help. 

*Quote ends. Quoting is broken for me guys*

Leaving flashbacks on the main playlists will send all those who are interested in crash there. Then all you 'hardcore' players can go and make your own lobbies and such, and this
will deter the rammers from your lobbies. Isn't that something you want? If the official playlists had no flashbacks, then the rammers wouldn't care what playlist/lobby/server they are on, and they will ruin your races. But if there are flashbacks on the official 'uns, and not on your servers, it's quite obvious to where they want to go...

And as I said previously, the inclusion of flashbacks
does not encourage rammers, proven by the Formula one series. Public lobbies are going to be ramfests no matter what. You may have used this vote as some statistical proof, however the matter of fact is the majority of people who play this game will not be serious. This 'proof' only suggests that 86% of the people who voted on these forums do not want flash backs. The majority of those on these forums are those who would want to race properly and seriously. And what was said? Oh yes. The serious drivers are the sheer minority.

If you want flashbacks, then custom lobbies, or single player should be your home, not the racers who dont want flashbacks.   

Grid 1 online, wasnt always a ramfest, It was pretty easy to find a room filled mostly with decent racers, and guess what.....no flashbacks online in grid 1.  

Flashbacks do encourage ramming,  simply because if you ram someone deliberately, you know when your going to do it,  you know that if you ram and flash, then you reset before the car you rammed, and then you gain a place.  That sounds fair doesnt it.  

Atleast with no flashback, you get rammed, you both spin, then you drive away from the slow retard who rammed you.  leaving the retard bored with no one to hit. They will get tired of being at the back on their own, and either stop ramming people, or leave.      

If you want flashbacks, then custom lobbies, or single player should be your home, not the racers who dont want flashbacks.   

Grid 1 online, wasnt always a ramfest, It was pretty easy to find a room filled mostly with decent racers, and guess what.....no flashbacks online in grid 1.  

Flashbacks do encourage ramming,  simply because if you ram someone deliberately, you know when your going to do it,  you know that if you ram and flash, then you reset before the car you rammed, and then you gain a place.  That sounds fair doesnt it.  

Atleast with no flashback, you get rammed, you both spin, then you drive away from the slow retard who rammed you.  leaving the retard bored with no one to hit. They will get tired of being at the back on their own, and either stop ramming people, or leave.      

As I said, it does not clearly encourage ramming, F1 2013 proves this. We still have people who ram like mindless idiots, and there are no flashbacks . And saying you gain positions by ramming and flashback, well codies have said this should not happen due to how the collision model works.

Rammers will always be there, no matter what. I think limiting the flashbacks to one or two would probably help though, either that, or none.

Skiddyboy13  in Grid 1, someone could ram into your back bumper, and back quarter panels and the car that got hit, didnt move. 

But if you ram into their front wing, then went flying off the track.  I would imagine that something similar is going to be the model here.  If thats the case, then intentional ramming and use of flashback, will happen.  How else to do you get past the Brazilian intent on maximum destruction?  Clean passing isnt an option, waiting for him to nail someone else might be, but there is a race goin on, are you going to wait all night?   

Nearly all racing games dont have flashbacks.  They all have people who ram, But with no quick and easy fix to their crashing, they drop further and further back, allowing most of the online players to have a race. 

You dont need a flashback if you dont crash.  If you get taken out, thats unfortunate, but if your better than the person who took you out, you should be able to wave goodbye to them. 
It adds to the excitement, dont get crashed, and dont crash, or your race is over.  Worked great in GRID 1, and Forza 4.  

No flashbacks, will force people to get better, to learn the tracks, and to pay attention to who and what is around them. 

Races with more than 3 laps would help as well,  If your doing 5 or 7 laps, people are more patient,  rather than thinking GO GO GO GO GO, screw him, GO GO GO GO, ooops, GO GO GO. 

Skiddyboy13  in Grid 1, someone could ram into your back bumper, and back quarter panels and the car that got hit, didnt move. 

But if you ram into their front wing, then went flying off the track.  I would imagine that something similar is going to be the model here.  If thats the case, then intentional ramming and use of flashback, will happen.  How else to do you get past the Brazilian intent on maximum destruction?  Clean passing isnt an option, waiting for him to nail someone else might be, but there is a race goin on, are you going to wait all night?   

Nearly all racing games dont have flashbacks.  They all have people who ram, But with no quick and easy fix to their crashing, they drop further and further back, allowing most of the online players to have a race. 

You dont need a flashback if you dont crash.  If you get taken out, thats unfortunate, but if your better than the person who took you out, you should be able to wave goodbye to them. 
It adds to the excitement, dont get crashed, and dont crash, or your race is over.  Worked great in GRID 1, and Forza 4.  

No flashbacks, will force people to get better, to learn the tracks, and to pay attention to who and what is around them. 

Races with more than 3 laps would help as well,  If your doing 5 or 7 laps, people are more patient,  rather than thinking GO GO GO GO GO, screw him, GO GO GO GO, ooops, GO GO GO. 

*Quote end and broke again*

And thus, those serious about their racing would be instead having their own custom lobbies. If we don't give the rammers a 'home', they'll instead decide to join and ruin you guys 'proper' sessions and racing. You'd rather have that? Having flashbacks mean these people will
stay in the playlists, and not bother those who want serious racing in their own lobbies. To me, this sounds far better.

I totally understand y'all, but the rammers won't ever change. It's just not going to happen. We have to be realistic.

No flashbacks for me.

I just want auto-steer ON by default so I can drink cider with both hands and only use foot pedals to win races.  =))

How do flashbacks online work?
Badly.  The rammer's handbook clearly states:

Rule 1 - Rammers must floor acceleration and ram at corner 1.
Rule 2 - Hit flashback immediately.

This enables their car to appear by magic in front of your car, now entering corner 2, to cause you to swerve off the track into the barrier - having scraped throught the carnage at corner 1 because you used the brakes, took avoidance, and are older than 8 years old.

Of course Rammers have the pleasure of 5 such flashbacks.

i dont like flashbacksbut i have not big problem if will be there , cause anyway i will serch or host  custom lobbies with flashback off....
as well playlists changes modes , classes of cars etc each race and and that becomes annoying when you want to play a specific type of event ( for expmple drift mode , or open wheels etc)
what i like is sort championships of 2-5 rounds (like in grid 2 and dirt 2-3) with specific class of cars and settings...
so no big problem about flashbacks!! what i desperately want is text chat , and then spectating mode...
:-B

Im really not bothered where the rammers are, I just dont want them to have flashbacks. The whole concept of a flashback is just alien to me.   >-)

If a player keeps crashing, the answer is not to just simply press flashback...
The answer is, braking, allowing your car to reach a reasonable speed to take the corner.  (reasonable speed varies from game to game).  
The people who dont want to get better or who crash on purpose, can sit at the back and do it to each other. Eventually they get bored and stop playing. 

Im really not bothered where the rammers are, I just dont want them to have flashbacks. The whole concept of a flashback is just alien to me.   >-)
welp. Probably best use for that emoji on this forum will ever have :D

Loore said "Sorry guys, but if you want the ultra hardcore racing experience then the custom playlists are where you'll find a home, we really have given you a huge variety of options in there to really customise your racing experience." So players wanting no magical flashbacks are now considered 'ultra hardcore'...? Seriously!!! So with all the pre-release PR by CM about how this game is aimed at the original Grid 1 fans and players who want a more serious semi-sim racing experience and according to CM this will attract a different player audience. But now you're telling us this audience you're hoping to attract who wants a more serious online racing experience than Grid 2 also wants magic flashbacks too? Ok got it.

there are few types of rammer
1 newbie rammer - they should study and learn to how drive, no flashback for them, community can understand this, espessialy when ppl type in chat "sry, i m newbieone" (at least it was in grid 1)
2 rammy rammers / cheaters - they will be kicked if proper kick system will be added to game (like in grid1)
3 drunken rammers - usually they play 1-2 races and go to sleep :D
4 angry rammers - guy going for revange, sometimes for nothing, usually its is newbie guys. But if this guy is a newbie he will disapoint himself coz this revange turn bad for him against more skilled player, and next time he will be thinking about - hit or play safe

so forward collision is realy enough as for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJqAm3gMxA

Sitting in a custom lobby, woundering if anyone will join is not for me.  It should be the case that if you want flashbacks, then custom lobbies are your home. 

It should just be like it was in GRID 1.  There wasnt anywhere near the level of carnage seen in GRID 2.

I do not want to read, go play in a custom lobby.  All I and most people here want, is the sequel to Racedriver GRID.   GRID 2 was supposed to be that game, but it failed, it was completely different.  Autosport is a game built on community feedback.  
All codemasters need to do, is have an official poll  Flashback online YES or NO.  Do it on here, facebook, twitter etc.  

My point is, ask everyone, then do what the majority want.  Not what codemasters believe the majority want.

After nearly a year of GRID 2, there is still about 85% of players on xbox live, crashing all over the place.  With no flashbacks, these people would have been forced to remember there is a corner or a wall etc, they would be encouraged to crash less, and thus get better at the game.  Instead you have 4-5 people in a lobby who want to race, and the rest of people just want to drive a car around giggling there heads off.  GTA5 for the gigglers, there you can drive a car around a big city. Crash it all the time, and shoot other motorists. How cool is that???? >:)

Sitting in a custom lobby, woundering if anyone will join is not for me.  It should be the case that if you want flashbacks, then custom lobbies are your home. 

It should just be like it was in GRID 1.  There wasnt anywhere near the level of carnage seen in GRID 2.

I do not want to read, go play in a custom lobby.  All I and most people here want, is the sequel to Racedriver GRID.   GRID 2 was supposed to be that game, but it failed, it was completely different.  Autosport is a game built on community feedback.  
All codemasters need to do, is have an official poll  Flashback online YES or NO.  Do it on here, facebook, twitter etc.  

My point is, ask everyone, then do what the majority want.  Not what codemasters believe the majority want.

After nearly a year of GRID 2, there is still about 85% of players on xbox live, crashing all over the place.  With no flashbacks, these people would have been forced to remember there is a corner or a wall etc, they would be encouraged to crash less, and thus get better at the game.  Instead you have 4-5 people in a lobby who want to race, and the rest of people just want to drive a car around giggling there heads off.  GTA5 for the gigglers, there you can drive a car around a big city. Crash it all the time, and shoot other motorists. How cool is that???? >:)

There is still time for Codemasters to change their minds...... I hope!

Flashbacks make about as much sense as smashing your own head on a wall. 

People will be saying......Autosport, awesome game, but still caters for people who cant or dont want to race. 

Racing is about not making mistakes, do it consistently and you could find yourself a well deserved podium. 
Goin from 12th place into 1st or 2nd in one corner just because everyone crashed, and hit flashback,  doesnt give you the thrill of overtaking, and working your way through the pack. 

Wanting no flashback doesn make me an "Ultra Hardcore" player.  Im just a fan of GRID 1, and would like a worthy sequel.