Sign in to follow this  

Flashbacks in online races Yes/No?

gor said:
there are few types of rammer
1 newbie rammer - they should study and learn to how drive, no flashback for them, community can understand this, espessialy when ppl type in chat "sry, i m newbieone" (at least it was in grid 1)
2 rammy rammers / cheaters - they will be kicked if proper kick system will be added to game (like in grid1)
3 drunken rammers - usually they play 1-2 races and go to sleep :D
4 angry rammers - guy going for revange, sometimes for nothing, usually its is newbie guys. But if this guy is a newbie he will disapoint himself coz this revange turn bad for him against more skilled player, and next time he will be thinking about - hit or play safe

so forward collision is realy enough as for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eJqAm3gMxA
lol gor epic rammer's categorization! :-j
wow this rammer with polish flag  in  video must be italian cause his nick means what is real he is.."what a dxxx  god dog" lol

abou flashbacks i dont like and i agree they increse they the online mess because many reckless and rammers players feel safety having many flashbacks availiable...
i would like the hardcore playlist to have both full damage-colossions and no flashbacks!!
if it is like that its ok for me , but i prefer the costum lobbies anyway

RTanoskills GTA V is just best game ever for me!! i can't wait for pc version!!

LOL  I love GTA5 as well,  Its a great game, for just messing around on.  Especially if you like driving cars around. 

I dont want to see a hardcore playlist, and a non hardcore one.   We already have GRID 2 hardcore room that no one plays in anymore.  

Every now and then someone will cry out of the race playlist and create a hardcore lobby.  They dont last very long as people really struggle to not crash.  Its quite funny really, all these supposed clean good racers, and they cant even get round 3 laps without wrecking their car.  

It was a great idea to put hardcore in grid 2, but it should have just been like grid 1 was.  All full damage unless you created a custom lobby. 

GRID AUTOSPORT - Always FULL damage, and no flashbacks. not even in singleplayer.

Why would it matter if it's in singleplayer? that's your choice whether to use it or not

I'm not the biggest fan of online flashbacks, but I think they could easily be improved so that it does not benefit the rammer. For example, a second or so delay after pressing it, or you have to be stopped to use it, you still receive any damage incurred before hand, and you only get one or two for a race.

Why does it need to be anywhere? 

If people learn the tracks then people wont need them.  

There needs to be an incentive not to crash in the first place.  If people have a "get out of gravel free card" then there is no reason to pay attention to where they are and what corner is next. 

Im sorry but im gonna have to say it again.  "Grid 1 didnt have flashbacks online....everyone loved GRID 1"

8-}

Loore said:
I think that sums it up rather well.

Sorry guys, but if you want the ultra hardcore racing experience then the custom playlists are where you'll find a home, we really have given you a huge variety of options in there to really customise your racing experience.
You man really sound that despective when you refer to the "hardcore" players, customers who in the end are as legit as the legion of lazy casuals who will throw your game into the bargain bin in a month or so. Go ahead man; don't be shy; the only thing missing in your setences everytime you refer to the people who like a much more satisfying and in-depth experience (the ones you refer to as hardcore in that despective way), is to call us freaks, or no life people, whatever.

So your plan for Grid Autosport is once more to destroy any chance for a good driving experience while in publc playlists?, do you even know the consequences of having them on in public playlists too?, so let's dumb down everything and again cater and satisfy the needs of the casual while slapping in the face the rest of the gamers who claim only for little common sense once more.

Is it really necessary to give an argument to not defend something that is both unfair and silly, and that also promotes careless driving after all?, this is just so dumb that It makes me sad you add things like this, and then again the same ones have to pay the prive of seeing things that could have been really great being  dumbed down just because of the casual need it, or because you CM might think they actually need It.

Flashbacks will be irremediably on in publiv playlists?, ok, then make a second public playlist with both assists and flashbakcs off. Isn't this fair at this point?, Why does It only have to exist the public lobby with everything on?, you relegate the people who want only a good experience to custom lobbies like If they were disposable trash without any right to cooment, opine, or to make important decisions that affect the outcome of the game.

Enough with the your n00b shi* CM. Get real. Those you call hardcore in a despective way are the ones who really enjoy yor games, create communitites around and keep on playing them and making the game POPULAR , making It LAST through the time.

Make us happy too from time to time, will you?, as you seem to have only the casual audience into consideration when you have to make decisions about critical areas of the game, about the online experience in this case.

The actual problem that lies in nowadays gaming industry has almost everything to do with your way of thinking Loore. We are not better or have more right than the casual audience, but the other way around should be taking into consideration too, at least for once.

I don't see the problem, if all the people who want the 'authentic' experience with no flashbacks go into custom lobbies, then you will still get that experience. It just means that you are separate from the rammers in the public playlist. So surely it's a win - win?

Amen to that!!!!

Games need to be made to the "hardcore" players requirement, as is said above,  We are the ones who play the games for years, not weeks. 

If I wanted a sim like experience ill either go get in my car, or ill play Forza 4.  

Take the noobs money, laugh, and wave them good bye because they cant get any better and its no fun crashing at every turn. 

@hola , I hope you do realize Grid Autosport is not an out and out simulation? If you want a simulator go play iRacing or whateva. There are plenty of simulators knocking about. But what there are not many of, are games that lie in-between simulation and arcade. Games that do provide some immersion, whilst still being accessible to all. And it's not like this is something new or anything, as GRID was much the same. The game is marketed to a wide range of people. At the end of the day, you must not forget that Codemasters is a company and their objective is to make money. And how to make more money? By selling it to more people. Thankfully, this isn't quite the whole story for Codies, as unlike other companies, they actually have proper dedicated forums and genuinely take feedback. But the main fact is, the wider the audience, the better. I'm quite happy that they are not turning this into a purebred simulation, as to be frank there are too many simulators on the market right now. But there is, as I said, nothing worth buying in-between Simulation and Arcade. And this game will, hopefully, fill that gap quite nicely. 

Just don't forget. It's not a full on sim. No console driving game is. Don't expect this to change.

Flashbacks online just make a mockery of the integrity of any race. If people want them then they can play Grid 2, or go find them in a custom lobby.

@hola , I hope you do realize Grid Autosport is not an out and out simulation? If you want a simulator go play iRacing or whateva. There are plenty of simulators knocking about. But what there are not many of, are games that lie in-between simulation and arcade. Games that do provide some immersion, whilst still being accessible to all. And it's not like this is something new or anything, as GRID was much the same. The game is marketed to a wide range of people. At the end of the day, you must not forget that Codemasters is a company and their objective is to make money. And how to make more money? By selling it to more people. Thankfully, this isn't quite the whole story for Codies, as unlike other companies, they actually have proper dedicated forums and genuinely take feedback. But the main fact is, the wider the audience, the better. I'm quite happy that they are not turning this into a purebred simulation, as to be frank there are too many simulators on the market right now. But there is, as I said, nothing worth buying in-between Simulation and Arcade. And this game will, hopefully, fill that gap quite nicely. 

Just don't forget. It's not a full on sim. No console driving game is. Don't expect this to change.
You can also go an play Mario Kart If you are looking for an easy challenge, for instance.

And when you talk about CM being a company and about $$$$..., you man are the master of the obvious, but I still don't get the passion you have about shooting yourself in the foot. You find It exciting or something do you

hola said:

You can also go an play Mario Kart If you are looking for an easy challenge, for instance.

And when you talk about CM being a company and about $$$$..., you man are the master of the obvious, but I still don't get the passion you have about shooting yourself in the foot. You find It exciting or something do you
You listening? I said a game between ARCADE and SIMULATION. You think Mario Kart has a hint of simulation? Paha. Read things first, before making yourself look rather silly.

And instead of flaming the company that I play their games and enjoy, I compliment them. These guys put so much effort in these games, just for you lot to always find the smallest of issues to whine? Yes I know there is constructive feedback, but the game isn't even out yet and you seem to think Codies have failed. Enjoy a game for once.

hola said:

You listening? I said a game between ARCADE and SIMULATION. You think Mario Kart has a hint of simulation? Paha. Read things first, before making yourself look rather silly.

And instead of flaming the company that I play their games and enjoy, I compliment them. These guys put so much effort in these games, just for you lot to always find the smallest of issues to whine? Yes I know there is constructive feedback, but the game isn't even out yet and you seem to think Codies have failed. Enjoy a game for once.
Agreed, games are aimed at a very wide audience, and not just YOU. They have taken loads of things into account already from criticisms on GRID 2, but not everything can be changed solely for the minority.

I havent read anyone saying its a sim, or they want a sim.  

We just dont want or need flashbacks, in this racing game or any other.  

Just improve to the point where you know the track that well, you wont crash on an empty track.  Then race patiently and you wont need flashbacks. 

Most of the time in GRID 2, Im finishing races with 5 flashbacks left.  Sometimes they get used if your on a narrow track, but id still prefer to not have any.  Then making it through the mess is much more satisfying.

To be honest, the majority of my flashbacks are used to take out dirty players who are infront of me.  A perfect reason to not have them right there. If there were no flashbacks, I wouldnt want to T-BONE the dirty Brazilian whos swerving all over the track. But they are there and thats how I use them, and so do many others, although they may not admit to it.  

No flashbacks means Ill have to find a different way to deal with the dirty players. But they wont have them either, and thats the real winner.   

@Skiddyboy13  > Codenasters found the sweet spot between sim and arcade with GRID 1 online. GRID 1 online was still strong after 3 years, until the GRID 1 online servers got turn off for the PC and PS3 players.

It been almost 3 years now and us old GRID 1 fans are still waiting for a racing game that hit the sweet spot online. Flashbacks online are not part of the sweet spot, in my opinion.

A good kick vote system can help online get rid of rammers with the help of text chat in the lobby to disccuss if someone need to be kicked.

Flashback implementation work well. Instead of seeing someone drive on the track recklessly after getting off track, you see them popping out as ghost as it prevent a slow down on the pace of the race without ruining someone else run.

Purple44 said:
@Skiddyboy13  > Codenasters found the sweet spot with GRID 1 online. GRID 1 online was still strong after 3 years, until the GRID 1 online servers got turn off for the PC and PS3 players.

It been almost 3 years now and us old GRID 1 fans are still waiting for a racing game that hit the sweet spot online. Flashbacks online are not part of the sweet spot, in my opinion.

A good kick vote system can help online get rid of rammers with the help of text chat in the lobby to disccuss if someone need to be kicked.
Can't argue. Just hope it easy enough to remove them.

I was playing grid 2 last night and there were just too many times where I was turned, rolled, pushed into the wall or taken out within the first turn. I feel I'm a sensible racer but a few of these happened well before the start line and I was just swiped in either the front or rear quater panel. It ruins your race as you can't reset and you're left chasing a 10-15 second gap to the car in front never mind the leaders. Codemasters job for onlineplay, is to provide close entertaining racing and I think flashbacks enable that as you're not penalized for incidents that may not be your fault. Also I'll just add I personally have never lunged down the inside or tried something ridiculous with a reset in the back of my mind. I always thought we were punished by less XP for using them. Maybe a possible route to go down if not already

LMFAO  You wernt in the same lobby as me were you?  
I joined a lobby with my firends last night, everyone in the room was yellow and orange.  My friends were white, I was on green.  before the 1st turn,I was binned.  2nd turn, I was binned again  .  3rd turn, I binned 3 people then used a flashback before they did.  Then after that every car the I overtook, I had to tailwhip as im goin past.....just so they cant T-Bone me. 

Lobbies like this are just utter crap.  No one is trying to race. I dont think they had any idea on what a race is. 

If these people had no flashbacks, then at the 1st turn, they will be spinning in the road. Yes people will have to avoid them, and others may be collected by the cluster f***,  but the crap players will have to stay at the back, out of the way.  With a flashback, they are able to bin you again, and again. 

If you remove flashbacks, and make it alot harder for a car to swerve at you and take you out, then half the chaos we see in GRID 2, wont be able to happen.   In grid 1, if someone rams into your back end, you dont feel it, it just stops the car behind.  In GRID 2, someone does that to you, and you go flying into a wall, or gravel trap.  So take that nonsense away, and we dont need flashbacks. 

As for people screaming back onto the track recklessly, knowing not to do that, is part of racing clean. You made the mistake, you went off, so stay off untill you can get back on without taking people out. 

If your speed was seriously reduced when your on the grass, you wouldnt have the speed to scream across the track. 

I know its annoying when your crashed out before the 1st turn etc.  It happends to me. It annoys me.  But I still dont want flashbacks.  Im fairly   confident ill be able to avoid, most incidents.  Not all of them, but alot of them.  Getting caught in a few crashes, will only help you really appreciate the times when you almost got wiped out.  Adding more of a thirll, and feel of exciting racing. 

In Forza 4, if your crashed at the start, and a good driver is in 1st, then the race for the win is over. If it had flashbacks, it wouldnt be the awesome racing game that it is.  Im tired of the all out sim game that it is, and Autosport, could really fill the gap in the market, for a game thats, Arcadey - simish, but still requires you to follow a racing line, and brake at the right time. 

Flashbacks will make it slightly more camp than a row of tents. It will still be good, better than GRID 2, but It wont be GRID 1.  

All I wanted from GRID 2, was GRID 1 with more cars, more tracks, and better graphics.  Not a GRID titled game, designed for maximum carnage, and aimed at casual gamers. Casual gamers, who by the way, dissappeared off the game after about 2 weeks, of intense 1st turn crashes, and 12 player goat path, destruction derbys.  

Has codemasters looked at this thread?  Have they changed their minds?  Update please Loore. 
Or is this game still catering for the small % that want flashbacks.   

No. Hopefully it'll encourage people to take corners more sensibly online then if everyone only gets one chance. Having FBs online is like a perk for online jerks.

It should only be available in the Party Modes.

LMFAO  You wernt in the same lobby as me were you?  
I joined a lobby with my firends last night, everyone in the room was yellow and orange.  My friends were white, I was on green.  before the 1st turn,I was binned.  2nd turn, I was binned again  .  3rd turn, I binned 3 people then used a flashback before they did.  Then after that every car the I overtook, I had to tailwhip as im goin past.....just so they cant T-Bone me. 

Lobbies like this are just utter crap.  No one is trying to race. I dont think they had any idea on what a race is. 

If these people had no flashbacks, then at the 1st turn, they will be spinning in the road. Yes people will have to avoid them, and others may be collected by the cluster f***,  but the crap players will have to stay at the back, out of the way.  With a flashback, they are able to bin you again, and again. 

If you remove flashbacks, and make it alot harder for a car to swerve at you and take you out, then half the chaos we see in GRID 2, wont be able to happen.   In grid 1, if someone rams into your back end, you dont feel it, it just stops the car behind.  In GRID 2, someone does that to you, and you go flying into a wall, or gravel trap.  So take that nonsense away, and we dont need flashbacks. 

As for people screaming back onto the track recklessly, knowing not to do that, is part of racing clean. You made the mistake, you went off, so stay off untill you can get back on without taking people out. 

If your speed was seriously reduced when your on the grass, you wouldnt have the speed to scream across the track. 

I know its annoying when your crashed out before the 1st turn etc.  It happends to me. It annoys me.  But I still dont want flashbacks.  Im fairly   confident ill be able to avoid, most incidents.  Not all of them, but alot of them.  Getting caught in a few crashes, will only help you really appreciate the times when you almost got wiped out.  Adding more of a thirll, and feel of exciting racing. 

In Forza 4, if your crashed at the start, and a good driver is in 1st, then the race for the win is over. If it had flashbacks, it wouldnt be the awesome racing game that it is.  Im tired of the all out sim game that it is, and Autosport, could really fill the gap in the market, for a game thats, Arcadey - simish, but still requires you to follow a racing line, and brake at the right time. 

Flashbacks will make it slightly more camp than a row of tents. It will still be good, better than GRID 2, but It wont be GRID 1.  

All I wanted from GRID 2, was GRID 1 with more cars, more tracks, and better graphics.  Not a GRID titled game, designed for maximum carnage, and aimed at casual gamers. Casual gamers, who by the way, dissappeared off the game after about 2 weeks, of intense 1st turn crashes, and 12 player goat path, destruction derbys.  

Has codemasters looked at this thread?  Have they changed their minds?  Update please Loore. 
Or is this game still catering for the small % that want flashbacks.   

You raise a lot if good points in there, can't bold them all as I'm on my phone. A few of you guys have raised good points. I was concentrating on myself and failed to realize that those flashbacks keep those who can't race cleanly or deliberately seek contact in the pack.

In GRID 1, it was good that you could post laptimes on the leaderboards from online races. Some of my best laps were done, chasing down the person who took me out.  

That doesnt happen with flashbacks.

CM the :!! is up for flashbacks. Please ^:)^ down, for the greater good.