Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reputation Glitch

So I have this awful glitch where my reputation will go down to zero, usually if I don't meet a target, but it can also happen randomly after any session, practice qualifying and the race. I can understand my reputation going down with some teams if I don't meet a target or something happens in a session like contact and dirty driving, but for nothing to happen after a practice session and see my reputation go down on all the teams is ridiculous.

This also means my career mode is ruined, I did a full 100% season with Toro Rosso finishing in the top 10 and way above my team mate. I didn't get any offers mid-season, nor did I at the end of the season.
This glitch is ruining career mode for me, which is otherwise outstanding.
Please Please fix this is issue codies.
Second time round, currently with McLaren, same problem. 

Lots of things effect reputation. I wondered the same then did some tests. If you have an accident in any session, including practice, where you have to retire, that severely hurts your reputation, as it would in real life. Also, any rule infringement, (corner cutting, pit land speeding) illegal over take etc etc, also has the same effect. In other words if your a scrappy driver, you won’t build much of a reputation. Which I think is fair and accurate to what would happen to a driver in real life if he crashed all the time or got penalties... Does the name Pastor Maldonado ring any bells? Lol 

Thanks @johnboy83 , you're very right, but I'm not a scrappy driver at all, I treat the AI like real life people and race fairly, plus when your rep goes down it's supposed to show you how far down with a red line starting from where your rep was before for the specific team, whereas mine will go all the way down without showing me the red line. Also, when it shows me how much its moved from each team after qualifying or a race, I will then go onto the lap top to see that it's moved itself again, even after literally just opening a laptop

@johnboy I also see youtubers such as tiametmarduk, who aren't very clean drivers at all, have a huge reputation by the end of a season, whereas mine would just jump straight to zero. 
For my mclaren career, it first happened when I finished the race at spain, when the reputation changes came up after the race, they were all fine. I then quit my career mode before going to the next weekend. When I next came back into career mode all the driver rivalry, resource points and reputation details came up again, I then went to the reputation chart on the laptop and they had all gone down, after literally doing nothing

Thanks @johnboy83 , you're very right, but I'm not a scrappy driver at all, I treat the AI like real life people and race fairly, plus when your rep goes down it's supposed to show you how far down with a red line starting from where your rep was before for the specific team, whereas mine will go all the way down without showing me the red line. Also, when it shows me how much its moved from each team after qualifying or a race, I will then go onto the lap top to see that it's moved itself again, even after literally just opening a laptop
Again, this was something that i noticed too, and thought it might be a glitch but certainly when i inspected everything, It looks as though it has gone down but it hasn’t. When the rep screen comes up at the end of quali / race, the screen it’s self is much bigger, the reputation lines are longer. when you open it on the laptop. With all the other stuff going on around it, the lines are much shorter so where your reputation is will appear to have gone down, but in proportion to the smaller screen, it hasn’t, or you would see the red bar. 

Tiametmarduk, might be a little untidy with nudges with other cars, you I have never seen him crash into retirement, nor get any sort of penalty. These are the factors that can heavily effect the reputation. 

@johnboy83
Yeah, well definitely have had some incidents along the way but I didn't think it would be this severe, maybe I'll try go a full season without any and I'll see how I do

Since then I have made more of a effort keep it out the wall, and not push quite so hard, as I used to crash out in practice now and again. Since I have been cleaner I haven’t had a rep issue, and it’s building back up now.