Sign in to follow this  

2017 Pooji TV Japanese Grand Prix

I wanna get up at watch qualifying live tomorrow, but I'm out on the bevs tonight, can't imagine I'll be in the mood for a 5am start.

Looking forward to seeing Rosberg on Sky this weekend though, I hope they make the most of him, what an opportunity they have with a current world champion!

Ah yes boi, result! Just assumed Suzuka would be a proper cock a doodle doo effort.

So this is going to be the last race Palmer. Unlike most here I do like him, but his season has been tragic. Renault want to be back at the front, he’s clearly not good enough for that. Formula E inbound, it’s where all the failed F1 drivers go.

Sorry guys... There's still a fair way to go yet though, don't write off Vettel just yet! And you never know what might happen to Hamilton.

Sorry guys... There's still a fair way to go yet though, don't write off Vettel just yet! And you never know what might happen to Hamilton.
I think it's pretty much over tbh. Even if Lewis has a PU change after that vibration he has a big enough lead to win it in Mexico.

Also, Lewis to Indy in 2018 confirmed.

Only thing missing today would've been Seb saying "GP2 engine.... GP2" down the straights. That would've numbed some of the crippling sadness. 

In all seriousness though, for all the genuine Hamilton fans on here, enjoy the title win. You guys had to go through a lot of shit last year, you've had some of that made up for now. 

Unless Hamilton ends up screwing Bottas' wife, I don't think we'll see enough infighting at Mercedes to gift Vettel the title after today. It's definitely over. Just heard the fat lady humming in preparation for her concerto.

Good result from Max, could've stolen a win if his exit at the crossover tunnel wasn't shit, because I was expecting a banzai move in the hairpin.

Speaking of shit, how about Nico Hulkenberg's luck? Dude was on cours efor a solid 8th and he DNF's because of a DNS-failure. A fucking DNS-failure. It's like at Singapore where he was looking at a podium and then his crew screwed up his pitstop.

Also, Magnussen had the overtake of the day and is my driver of the day too. Ballsy guy.

And Massa is an old fuck who needs to retire yesterday.

VetteIfan said:
Only thing missing today would've been Seb saying "GP2 engine.... GP2" down the straights. That would've numbed some of the crippling sadness. 

In all seriousness though, for all the genuine Hamilton fans on here, enjoy the title win. You guys had to go through a lot of **** last year, you've had some of that made up for now. 
I appreciate this classy comment very much, Seb. And let me tell you that drivers like Hamilton or Seb usually bounce back really strongly after shitty, unfortunate years, so I fully expect Seb to be in ace-form again next season and a reliable car underneath.

VetteIfan said:

In all seriousness though, for all the genuine Hamilton fans on here, enjoy the title win. You guys had to go through a lot of **** last year, you've had some of that made up for now. 
I appreciate this classy comment very much, Seb. And let me tell you that drivers like Hamilton or Seb usually bounce back really strongly after shitty, unfortunate years, so I fully expect Seb to be in ace-form again next season and a reliable car underneath.
Hey now, the "next-year-is-our-year"-talk is reserved for Ferrari fans.

We are well-rehearsed in it since 2009.

Ever since someone posted a picture of Hamilton’s engine blow up from last year Ferrari keep breaking down. As a Hamilton fan I was happy, but as a Motorsport fan I was gutted, as Vettel would have given him a race. Hamilton had some sort of power unit issue at the end, so Vettel would have jumped on that, Max would have if not for backmarkers.

Miracles can happen in F1, but blimey, Vettel needs a big one if he's gonna win this now... Crazy how everything can turn around in such a short space of time. 3 races ago Hamilton was 3 points behind, and now he's 59 ahead!

I'm ashamed to say I fell asleep at about lap 30, and only woke up when I heard the commentators getting excited when Stroll went off. I was personally hoping for a safety car rather than a VSC, would've closed the pack up and given us a 4 lap dash to the flag!

So good from Red Bull again, if only they had this sort of pace at the start of the year.

Grande lavorro, absolute sh*tshow, grazie ragazzi.

MBKF1 said:
Miracles can happen in F1, but blimey, Vettel needs a big one if he's gonna win this now... Crazy how everything can turn around in such a short space of time. 3 races ago Hamilton was 3 points behind, and now he's 59 ahead!

I'm ashamed to say I fell asleep at about lap 30, and only woke up when I heard the commentators getting excited when Stroll went off. I was personally hoping for a safety car rather than a VSC, would've closed the pack up and given us a 4 lap dash to the flag!

So good from Red Bull again, if only they had this sort of pace at the start of the year.

Grande lavorro, absolute sh*tshow, grazie ragazzi.
To be honest, given the pace of the Ferrari this season, which has been better than last season but still inferior to the Mercedes at 90% of the tracks, most people probably wouldn't have been surprised to see Vettel 59 points behind with 4 races to go. However, it has taken a puncture, a crash, a 20-place grid penalty and a breakdown to lead to him being so far behind, so I'm sure Vettel will look back on this as being a fantastic season - he arguably drove faster and better than some of his world championships.

Likewise, I'm sure Hamilton will also look back over this season with a lot of pride, knowing he has beaten a major rival, and come out on top in a battle between arguably two of the F1 greats. However, I'm sure he would have prefered to win the title without the breakdowns for Vettel, but nonetheless, he has effectively won it now.

I think they really need to sort out the Virtual Safety Car. At the last one (and I think the first one too just don't have the numbers), Verstappen was 2.x behind Hamilton, but by the end Hamilton was ahead by 5.x. Had that not been the case, Verstappen might have had an extra lap or so to battle Hamilton for the win. I get why VSC Is a thing, and I think it's a good thing, but this isn't the first time the gaps haven't been kept. It goes both ways too.

How are they actually enforced? Do the drivers just have a delta to follow? Or is it like slow zones at Le Mans where the drivers are actually speed limited?

I think they really need to sort out the Virtual Safety Car. At the last one (and I think the first one too just don't have the numbers), Verstappen was 2.x behind Hamilton, but by the end Hamilton was ahead by 5.x. Had that not been the case, Verstappen might have had an extra lap or so to battle Hamilton for the win. I get why VSC Is a thing, and I think it's a good thing, but this isn't the first time the gaps haven't been kept. It goes both ways too.

How are they actually enforced? Do the drivers just have a delta to follow? Or is it like slow zones at Le Mans where the drivers are actually speed limited?

They have a delta to follow, each sector they have an earliest time of arrival. Brundle explained why there was a difference, but I forgot what he said as I’m suffering from a concussion.
Vettel is on his last warning after he was late to the national anthem, one more warning and he gets a 10 place penalty.

Hughesy said:

They have a delta to follow, each sector they have an earliest time of arrival. Brundle explained why there was a difference, but I forgot what he said as I’m suffering from a concussion.
Vettel is on his last warning after he was late to the national anthem, one more warning and he gets a 10 place penalty.
As if F1 could become more of a joke :lol:

Punishments for things like that should stay away from the track, nobody at home cares, we just want to watch good racing.