Sign in to follow this  

playstation 3 game data transfer

This is a newby question, I have been playing F1 2013 on a family member's console, who is soon to move out taking the console.  My question is Is the game data saved in the existing console?   If so, what do I need to do to transfer it on to a new console.   I have been doing the yound driver progression in the game and I am almost done with my first season and was wondering if this will be lost.  I thank in anticipation of your answer.  

you can copy the save game data to a usb flash drive and can then copy it to the new console

I will attempt to do that, hopely the menu to save is self explanatory and user friendly.  The console has 2 USB ports on the front where the controllers are normally plugged so I will use the second for the flash drive.  

lmntr said:
I will attempt to do that, hopely the menu to save is self explanatory and user friendly. 
Copying saves is really easy:
-plug-in the USB flash drive,
-on the PS3 XMB go to game > save data utility (PS3),
-find the F1 2013 save (there's a game save & a save with ghost laps),
-click triangle > copy,
-select the USB flash drive as destination for the save to be copied.

I got my new ps3 console and went about to do the transfer.  One thing I recommend before doing, which I found out after several attempts is to first update the operating system,  then plug in the game and of course it will find there is an update for the game, so do the game update, and then when you go to sign in to the network, it might also find it needs some kind of update which was I also did.  Only after all this is done, copy your files using the save data utility.  The problem I encountered was I copied the files first but the game would not accept the files at first because "they were from another user".  So I ended up doing the above updates first.  I also named my user Id the same as in the previous console but I do not know if it made a difference.  Any way, it is working fine now.  Hope it helps someone.