Sign in to follow this  

Let's talk like updates happened!

Hello guys!

This week Dirt 4 update (2.4) is live as usual on Friday. Just being playing for a couple of hours, but gosh, they keep surprising us every week. I'm really happy with this update, here are my thoughts:

- It fixes the co-driver bug in Greece and Poland. I'm glad it's solved no more fatal crash after the 3 left.
- Extra liveries added to the Skoda. It's cool they are releasing these things for free after last month DLC.
- The new tiles are amazing, they keep improving the quality and it's been days since I've seen the same corner. Please Codies make some tiles to be repeated more often! Specially those cliffs in Portugal.
- No comments about handling <3 since 2.3.
- Loving YouTube channel, latest road books were becoming way to long to read.
- Finally we got the confirmation that they will be updating the game for the next three years, more cars, countries with the next major update (3.0) coming on December 1st at 9:32.

I can't wait to play a little bit more and discover the new things they included this time.

The OP gave me a good laugh.  But with the plethora of other games currently being released (F1 2017, GTS, PC2, FM7, WRC7), it seems more plausible any updates to D4 would be better released after all the dust settles. Just my thoughts (and wishful thinking).  

I've enjoyed a lot the open workshop on steam for liveries, stages and setups!

Good job, guys, this game is so addicting and fun!!

DoubleTen said:
I've enjoyed a lot the open workshop on steam for liveries, stages and setups!

Good job, guys, this game is so addicting and fun!!
Awesome! So many new things, hard to keep track.

If you enter BEEFCAKE as your player name (create a new driver if you need to) the Toyota GT4 will be unlocked, great to see those things back.

Rumors say that the big surprise they are working on is Full Mod support ( finally!! ) for patch 3.0, later this year. Fingers crossed that the rumors are true. I can't wait :)

Keep up the good work, guys, it's getting better and better at every patch, and dlc delievered. I can't stop playing this game!!

cjr3559 said:
The OP gave me a good laugh.  But with the plethora of other games currently being released (F1 2017, GTS, PC2, FM7, WRC7), it seems more plausible any updates to D4 would be better released after all the dust settles. Just my thoughts (and wishful thinking).  
Why does that seem more plausible? (the lines of reality are getting blurry)

cjr3559 said:
Not sure about that laugh, this makes me feel closer to this

See Codies? Thats what happens when people dont get the Patches they need! The get delusional and probably develop mental issues :/

...We need a PSA with a lot of suffering, depressed and borderine suicidal people. Only you can end this :D

cjr3559 said:

Or maybe it would have been better to release patches & updates right before other games launched to give players a reason to continue playing this game more instead of uninstalling this game in favor of other new titles.

Next patch will include Toyota Yaris from WRC7! They did it with the Ferrari 2002 from AC and now they bring the same principle to Dirt4!

Can't understand how they can model cars so fast! Thanks Codis!

. .  and don't forget the actual guard rails represented in full 3D so the handling will make even more sense when cornering! :p

Didzis said:
cjr3559 said:
Not sure about that laugh, this makes me feel closer to this

All I know is, you can get a tiny sad Keanu Reeves 3d printed from Shapeways in full sandstone color.

Just bug fixes this week :'( . I undestand they can't be launching new features every week.

Seriously Codemasters, start telling the truth. First, it's going to be just a couple of weeks not months, then it's going to be 2 weeks (not months), and here we are, December is coming.

I am so excited for 2.5 which will launch next week! Finally we get the VR support we have been waiting for for so long! I am so glad some developers still do listen to their fans.

Guys guys guys you think you are hard done by you should try buying a different racing game called f1 20** the developers there really don’t like their customers as they don’t respond to complaints and glitches and haven’t for years...

Italy? What a good new, I think it's time to reinstall the 35GB of D4!