Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cant update F1 2017 game on pc to version 1.9

Hi,
I cant update my F1 2017 game for pc to version 1.9 and dont know how to manually do it. Could someone around here tell me how to?

Thx

Hi,
I cant update my F1 2017 game for pc to version 1.9 and dont know how to manually do it. Could someone around here tell me how to?

Thx
You need to do it via Steam. You might need to make sure you have available bandwidth and Steam is not set to not download while playing. Try the London server if you are in the UK regardless of where you are in the UK. Launch the game and then close it to start a download once Steam cloud sync is complete.

Hi @BlueFlagSeb, if you have a PC disc version of the game you will need Steam to install and play the game.

You should be able to download Steam here: http://store.steampowered.com/about/

I do not own the game on steam but on dvd.
Yeah. As @CmRachel points out, this is a Steam game. Either play the release version from DVD locally or Steam for updates. You even need Steam just to install the game locally, you'll need to consult the Steam KB on how to do this.

Once installed you can update and then play offline as much as you like. If you have poor internet then the Steam local install will save a lot of data allowance and bandwidth. But you should know the 1.9 patch is 2.8GB as well.

@CmRachel how do i get the disc version in steam?
Consult the Steam Knowledge Base (KB) on installing from disc. It's the same process for any Steam game.

But honestly, trying to install this game without Steam is impossible.

Let's just solve all this by correctly naming 1.9 as 1.09

Build 1.13 is the only version of the game you will get via Steam. The DVD-ROM of the game will always contain 1.00

@AdamJDore @dkice @BlueFlagSeb